Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you are strong willed and determined how the heck do you do it?

(51 Posts)
MyTeeth Tue 26-Feb-19 11:40:03

Im such a procrastinator, crap at making decisions and just an overall never get anything done/ started type of a person.

There's someone I know who is so strong willed. She sets a goal and she just does it. She's like a dog with a bone. Shes achieved a lot in her work life as well as her personal life. She always seems busy and is working on something or the other. She is super organised too and I can see one of her daughters is very similar to her too.

What is it. Is it being super focussed. Does she wake up in the morning and plan her day/ month / year? Is it about being organised? Is it a mindset? I need to be like this.

I have a million things I'd like to do, none of which even get started. They're just ideas floating in my head and before I know it its been 5 years and I haven't even touched upon it and life has passed me by!

EssentialHummus Wed 27-Feb-19 14:38:56

I’m probably seen to be like this. I’m very routine-based: dieting, so every Mon and Tues are my fast days (5.2), even if I’m literally in hospital on those days. Learning a language, I do 10 min on YouTube tutorials every morning, even hungover/xmas etc. I’m just really rigid. Has advantages and disadvantages.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »