Talk

Advanced search

DP has posted a picture of me

(84 Posts)
SemperIdem Mon 25-Feb-19 23:34:08

To be clear - yanbu and he should at least apologise for doing something thoughtless which has upset you.

Try and take heart from the fact these are people you know who know what you usually look like. They’ll give the photo less thought than you will. I totally get why you’re upset and I would be too.

PinkTicker Mon 25-Feb-19 23:29:08

He posted it because lots of others were doing so with silly filters on, but his was the only one featuring an actual person along with the filter. The rest were mainly location shots with filters applied.

The filter and the caption would have been funny, had the photo not been so blatantly awful. Its not just a case of slightly unflattering and he didnt realise, it is really really bad.

Aside from that, I think he should have acknowledged that he made a mistake and apologised for upsetting me, but now he's trying to blame me for being petty about it and I really dont think I am.

Its a facebook messenger chat and there doesnt appear to be a way of removing the photo which everyone will have seen now anyway.

GrapesAndCheese Mon 25-Feb-19 23:25:02

We need a bit more context here OP. What do you mean you were messing about with filters?

I wouldn't like this either though and neither would DP. But I've seen similar posts on SM of someone's DP/whatever asleep on the sofa or looking in some way bedraggled, so obviously in some relationships it's seen as mutually okay to do it.

Cranky17 Mon 25-Feb-19 23:23:31

If it’s whats app he can delete it although I think it will only delete if they are running the same version.

pictish Mon 25-Feb-19 23:22:14

Why did he post it?

Yanbu btw...I would hate this.

SemperIdem Mon 25-Feb-19 23:20:33

In what context did he post it?

Making fun of you? Telling people in the group how ill you are?

I do find a lot of men are literally blind to whether a photo is flattering or not.

My dad is like this. Massive fan of “natural” shots. I am reminded of my ability to look like Quasimodo every time he manages to get a photo of me. He thinks they’re lovely. My ex was much the same. hmm

minesthecutest Mon 25-Feb-19 23:19:03

That's not ok at all, I am very self conscious of myself and hate my photos so if my dp had done that to me id be devastated and so upset.
I think if it's WhatsApp the sender can delete the pic but not after a certain amount of minutes have passed

Pumpkintopf Mon 25-Feb-19 23:18:09

What app was he using? As he posted the picture he should be able to delete it.

That was unkind of him, he should have checked with you before posting.

PinkTicker Mon 25-Feb-19 23:16:58

on the group chat for our shared hobby.

He took it without me knowing, I'm recovering from a sickness bug and am in pyjamas and sitting in a very unflattering position which shows all my worst features. I look disgusting.

We were all mucking about with filters but I didn't know he was taking a picture of me or I'd have asked him not to post it or at the very least sat up/ covered up a bit. It's not my imagination - I really do look awful.

This is after I told him earlier how self conscious I was feeling about my appearance and that I hated myself.

I have left the group because I'm so bloody embarrassed and he says I'm overreacting and being petty.

AIBU to be upset?

As an aside if anyone knows how to get rid of the picture from the chat I'd be grateful, I could only see how to delete it from my copy of the thread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »