Talk

Advanced search

To ask what have you won

(101 Posts)
SixPenceNonTheRicher Mon 25-Feb-19 19:58:54

Last year I had been trying everything to get Beyonce tickets for my niece but could not get them anywhere as they were sold out

My local radio was running a competition to win a pair of tickets and I entered and I won, the look on my nieces face when I told her she had tickets was the most amazing feeling ever

I was telling a colleague about it and we got into conversation about winning things but apart from those tickets and a fiver in a pot noodle years ago I have not really ever won anything else

so just for fun and out of curiosity, what great things you have won?

Numptysod Tue 26-Feb-19 16:54:13

All inclusive holiday to Mexico

Wames90 Tue 26-Feb-19 16:52:31

@shadow1234 I can’t even win one of those 😂

user1471592953 Tue 26-Feb-19 16:14:35

A potato plant. I identified it in a children’s competition when I was about 9.

AskingQuestionsAllTheTime Tue 26-Feb-19 16:01:01

When I was seven I won a cactus at a school fair and gave it to my mum. It was in a pot about four inches across, and it was maybe two inches tall and a bit boring, but she seemed very pleased to be given in.

When I was twenty-three my parents moved house and she she admitted she had always hated cactuses and only kept it because it was a present from me! So I said I would have it back. I took it with me when I married and treated it as I thought you ought to treat a cactus: lots of light and heat, not too much water. It had grown about an inch in all that time and was very, very boring.

Then one day a friend of mine saw it and asked what I had done to the poor little thing, so I said, "If you know so much about cactuses, you can have it." And he took it away with him.

Next year I saw it, he had planted it out of doors on a rockery and it had grown about a foot tall, flowered and had nineteen babies!

That's the only thing I ever won, and I think maybe I have bad luck because I was so bad at looking after the one prize I got.

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Tue 26-Feb-19 15:44:13

A Kylie minogue calender from a comp in the daily express when I was 8 (30 years ago)

WiddlinDiddlin Tue 26-Feb-19 15:43:21

Oooh...

Around £500 on online bingo (ive already deducted what I spent from that!)..

A smart phone worth around £300 (no idea as I immediately swapped it for a new ipod Touch) from an online comp.

£600 (then) cutting edge LED tech lighting system for my fishtank.

A £40 dog harness.

A bundle of dog toys to donate to my local rescue worth around £300.

But the best one ever.. a custom dog collar.. and accidentally, a best friend who is awesome (she makes dog collars, it was a facebook comp).

BarnamintBaileys Tue 26-Feb-19 15:37:14

A Paul Daniels magic set in about 1985 grin
As an adult, a 3 month pass for my local gym
Tickets to a local comedy night
A bottle of alcohol free wine at DS’s school
I’m going to start entering more competitions after reading this thread

Meralia Tue 26-Feb-19 15:31:06

A 5 day break to Hemsby Pontins, was won through a newspaper thing about 10 years ago!

I must have the Midas touch...

Pimmsypimms Tue 26-Feb-19 15:29:27

Ooh, I've won:
Canon dslr camera
Spa day
$500 voucher for a hair salon
Makeover with $1000 worth of clothes plus hair and makeup
Weekend for 2 in a 5 Star b&b with meals at l'enclume and the Samling
We spent a few years living in Australia and it's way easier to win comps over there!

Elllicam Tue 26-Feb-19 15:29:19

£4K on the grand national, £1K on a news years day race and £100 voucher on here smile

ginghamstarfish Tue 26-Feb-19 15:23:59

Holiday to France, year's supply of Maltesers, videos, garden tools, food hampers, a tree, weekend in fancy hotel, kitchen gadgets

zingally Tue 26-Feb-19 08:14:43

Nothing much since I was a child.
I remember winning a pogo stick, aged about 9, and being amazed by the huge box it came in!
I also remember winning a kids dictionary at a similar age.

bonniebanks Tue 26-Feb-19 07:39:31

A dress worn and signed by Venus Williams back when she was winning Wimbledon (it had lipstick on it), earrings, meal at tgi fridays, a night at the bingo and a child's photo shoot all online comps.

Through work by being the best performing manager/shop I won £750 worth of vouchers that paid for a holiday and at a different shop we won £600 for the team paid for a spa day.

UbbesPonytail Tue 26-Feb-19 07:37:20

As a child I won a Super Nintendo (was from the BBC version of This Morning), some CDs and clothes as a teenager.

As an adult, beautiful notebooks and I know it’s not quite the same, but a few writing competitions.

NakedAvenger Tue 26-Feb-19 07:31:59

@AKAanothername a FLAT? Bloody hell you win the winningest!

NakedAvenger Tue 26-Feb-19 07:30:58

All expenses paid trip for two to the US F1 Grand Prix.

WhoWants2Know Tue 26-Feb-19 07:30:54

Actually, is there a competition board on Mumsnet? I used to visit the one on MSE and it was fun. I needed a second email account for all the spam, though.

Myusernameismud Tue 26-Feb-19 07:30:15

A years supply of Hotel Chocolat tasting club boxes (best year of my life) last year.
A CD from a local newspaper when I was 16.
A load of shit Daredevil goodies when the film came out years ago, same newspaper, 2 months later.
A family ticket to a local farm, same newspaper, the following month.

A few years later I went to work for the local newspaper, and discovered that the most entrants they'd ever had for a competition was 3. No wonder I kept winning....

Tryingtoholdittogether Tue 26-Feb-19 07:21:43

School talent show in year 6....

AdoreTheBeach Tue 26-Feb-19 07:19:03

From our local radio station, over a number of years, I’ve won
-One year Family membership for royal palaces
-Voucher for beauty treatments to the value of the station number.
- family tickets to madam Tussaud’s and basic meal at planet Hollywood
- theatre tickets for four
- theatre tickets for two

My husband won a day out to England football club training day with private transport, photo of meet/great and meals on the day. That was particularly fabulous for him and our DS.

AKAanothername Tue 26-Feb-19 06:29:39

I won a flat overlooking the Thames in Battersea, it was an Evening Standard competition.

2birds1stone Tue 26-Feb-19 06:07:48

Anyone won a holiday or comp that are advertised on the telly attached to a programme?

Ilnome Tue 26-Feb-19 01:30:59

I won three separate craft bundles from trimcraft,
A £150 voucher for co-op aaand I think that’s it?

EKGEMS Tue 26-Feb-19 01:22:53

A giant Hershey's kiss and a piece of luggage (two separate drawings) At a school raffle one of the teaching assistant said "I'm going to win a prize I always do for these type of things and sure enough he did!

Ihavealwaysknown Tue 26-Feb-19 01:08:35

Off to google ‘win a holiday’

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »