Talk

Advanced search

To ask what have you won

(101 Posts)
SixPenceNonTheRicher Mon 25-Feb-19 19:58:54

Last year I had been trying everything to get Beyonce tickets for my niece but could not get them anywhere as they were sold out

My local radio was running a competition to win a pair of tickets and I entered and I won, the look on my nieces face when I told her she had tickets was the most amazing feeling ever

I was telling a colleague about it and we got into conversation about winning things but apart from those tickets and a fiver in a pot noodle years ago I have not really ever won anything else

so just for fun and out of curiosity, what great things you have won?

Jebuschristchocolatebar Mon 25-Feb-19 20:40:07

Won a holiday through a union competition, tickets to a music festival and I don’t want to brag about it but I won a beautiful baby competition when I was 2 and my mum got a prize of supermarket vouchers grin

FlipperSkipper Mon 25-Feb-19 20:41:12

Various toiletries.
A vacuum cleaner
Coffee machine
Meal out
Diamond necklace
And a baby! (I 'won' an ivf cycle which resulted in my son)

yorkshirepud44 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:42:12

Now I'm wondering if those scam emails I delete are actually real grin

cricketmum84 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:42:47

A noddy film on cassette when I was 12 (showing my age here!)z

That is literally it. I occasionally do the puzzles in TAB or similar to see if I can win but I never do.

2birds1stone Mon 25-Feb-19 20:43:41

2 years running I won a £100 voucher and a Christmas tree. Both times I donated the tree to someone in need.

Earrings, tickets to various events, tickets to see steps (first time they were around)

Loads in raffles (if that counts)

Comping can take alot of time and usually ends up with thousands of spam emails.

2birds1stone Mon 25-Feb-19 20:44:35

Oh the treasure card with tk Maxx.... have won 3 times within 5 months. Nothing exciting and admittledy you have to spend to be entered in but still kinda cool

PrettyAmazingGrace Mon 25-Feb-19 20:49:55

A Boy George poster (it was the 80's)
Janet Reger underwear
A balloon flight

You've inspired me to enter some more smile

GloryforGloves Mon 25-Feb-19 20:50:36

£500 from a Pepsi max comp
Over £1000 in various gift cards
3 x bra sets (different comps each time)
Event tickets (theatre and festivals)
Wine
Crisps, chocolates, etc
Jewellery
Dresses and other clothes

All sorts actually. I used to enter comps seriously though for about 2 years / entering around 2000 per week. I’ve never won ‘big’ comps - e.g. holidays, large cash prizes, cars

Babdoc Mon 25-Feb-19 20:52:26

A box of Cadbury Milk Tray in 1966
A Crackerjack pencil in 1968
£40 and a prize certificate at medical school in 1980
A bottle of sherry in 1986
A baby car seat in 1989.
Several £25 Premium Bond prizes.
Bit of a varied selection, looking back!

PrettyAmazingGrace Mon 25-Feb-19 20:54:26

@FlipperSkipper that is amazing! You win the thread !

Lululemonade Mon 25-Feb-19 20:55:05

I won an x box(when they first came out) and a holiday, both in my first year at uni.
I also won tickets to the closing ceremony at London 2012 and a pass into the Team GB party which was proper money cannot buy amazing!

MrsMartinRohde Mon 25-Feb-19 20:56:40

My parents won a quiz at the local club. Prize was a box of Just Brazils. Mum didn't want them so planned to give them away as a raffle prize at work, which was the local hospital. Then she noticed they were past the best before date so didn't. Few days later she was peckish and opened the Just Brazils. Only then did she notice the promotion on the box for a holiday competition. In the box was basically a golden ticket saying she'd won a holiday to Brazil. So she rang the number thinking she'd now be part of a bigger draw but no - she was the winner. All expenses paid two weeks, Rio, Amazon cruise, etc etc.

smartcarnotsosmartdriver Mon 25-Feb-19 20:59:01

Over the years I've won a few things,
Camcorder
Electric toothbrush
Birthday party
Years supply of crisps
Theatre tickets

cheesemongery Mon 25-Feb-19 20:59:27

a £20 love2shop voucher just before Christmas. It hasn't arrived grin

NameChangeNugget Mon 25-Feb-19 21:02:34

A speedboat on Bullseye wink

Lucylugs Mon 25-Feb-19 21:04:41

Lots of tickets to concerts/pantos, raffles, CDs, lots of small lotto prizes and prize bonds and one bigger one of £2000. Won tickets to concert I couldn't attend and sold them for £300 to pay for the weekend away I was going on.
Waiting to win a car or holiday though! 😊

Dumbie Mon 25-Feb-19 21:07:06

An ipod nano from Lovefilm
A hypnobirthing course

MissEliza Mon 25-Feb-19 21:58:06

An outfit from Oasis
£100 of Wickes vouchers (we'd just bought a new house so that was great)
Three months satellite tv subscription (when living abroad)
A cardigan in the Brownie raffle (1983)

KeptTheBeachesShipwreckFree Mon 25-Feb-19 22:02:19

A £300 voucher on here once
A free print from a photo competition
A £50 Amazon voucher
Some money on a couple of scratchcards (less than 50quid though)

KTyoupigeon Mon 25-Feb-19 22:07:09

- 5ft Easter bunny soft toy
- 3 crates of alcohol (I’m teetotal!)
- many years ago a round trip on Concorde and it was the first time I had ever been in a plane

user1473878824 Mon 25-Feb-19 22:09:56

I once won a raffle run by a hamster food company. I got a soft toy and some hamster treats. Thankfully I did have a hamster.

I was seven. I am now 30. It was the first and last thing I ever won. I still have fond memories. RIP, Bubble and Squeak. Hope you enjoyed those weird chewy log things.

sulflower Mon 25-Feb-19 22:12:56

The only thing I have ever won is an argument!!
grin

I never really enter competitions but I once entered one on a whim and won a holiday to St Lucia.

Angie169 Mon 25-Feb-19 22:14:15

Many years ago won a case of beer at my local snooker club , I won by picking the right name for a teddy ( on one of them preprinted cards name cards ) when I entered I thought the prize was the teddy , I was gutted when it wasn't . I was not allowed to keep the beer either , I was 7 ! sad

twooutofthreeaintbad Mon 25-Feb-19 22:15:23

I couldn't win a damn argument nevermind an actual prize

Aroundtheworldandback Mon 25-Feb-19 22:15:57

My husband on a dating sitegrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »