Talk

Advanced search

To ask what have you won

(101 Posts)
SixPenceNonTheRicher Mon 25-Feb-19 19:58:54

Last year I had been trying everything to get Beyonce tickets for my niece but could not get them anywhere as they were sold out

My local radio was running a competition to win a pair of tickets and I entered and I won, the look on my nieces face when I told her she had tickets was the most amazing feeling ever

I was telling a colleague about it and we got into conversation about winning things but apart from those tickets and a fiver in a pot noodle years ago I have not really ever won anything else

so just for fun and out of curiosity, what great things you have won?

PassTheGinPlease Mon 25-Feb-19 20:00:59

A couple of Holly Willoughby for Very dresses.
A set of Harajuku Girls perfumes
A signed book
All retweet competitions on twitter.

CalmdownJanet Mon 25-Feb-19 20:05:34

I've been very lucky over the years, my sofas, table & chairs, bed, fridge/freezer are all ones that I won. I have won an ipad, iPhone, iPod, vouchers, cash, weekends away, holiday. I have really been very lucky but I enter a lot of competitions too

porridgeface Mon 25-Feb-19 20:07:21

Weekend package for the Grand Prix last year and a pair of roller blades on Challenge TV in 1995

FuzzyPuffling Mon 25-Feb-19 20:08:28

A box of false comedy noses. And that is all.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 25-Feb-19 20:10:33

* A box of false comedy noses. And that is all.* and can we ask what you did with them --and why you entered the competition-/ grin

GorkyMcPorky Mon 25-Feb-19 20:10:41

I won a Vaio laptop once from Letts. I hadn't even paid for my own diary, it was a work one!

HollowTalk Mon 25-Feb-19 20:11:26

I won a turkey!

SundayShawl Mon 25-Feb-19 20:12:08

I won a £1000 shopping spree at my local shopping centre. I thought it'd be easy but I ended up with £400 worth of gift cards for the balance because I just couldn't bring myself to buy things I didn’t need to use the money up 😂

Hunter037 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:13:37

I've never won anything sad but then I don't tend to enter many competitions.

DHs grandma is a serial competitor and had won all sorts like holidays to Disneyland and a years supply of tetleys!

dairymilkmonster Mon 25-Feb-19 20:14:40

Once won a breakfast hamper ( think bacon, eggs, jam) in a bingo.

Aside from that, it is an essay competition at university. Not sure that's what you meant!

recrudescence Mon 25-Feb-19 20:15:19

Meat raffle at The Jolly Sailor c.1982.

endevo Mon 25-Feb-19 20:17:35

Not really won I guess but I signed up to test loads of baby stuff whilst on maternity leave and got selected to try a lot of them. They included:

Baby food
Washing detergent
Fabric conditioner
Nappies (several different brands)
The best was A maxi-cosy car seat with isofix base which I got to keep.

OMGithurts Mon 25-Feb-19 20:17:58

I won a free meal at our local pub and a term of waterbabies swimming lessons for DS last year. I was delighted with the swimming lessons, they are £££££.

mrsbeeton999 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:19:13

I won £1984 last year just when we needed some money, I’ve also won an iPad, a very posh Easter away with the family and loads of tickets to shows and concerts. Also £500 Boots voucher, £250 ASOS voucher a tv and lots of other bits. I should start doing more competitions again!

katseyes7 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:20:15

About 15 years ago l used to do a lot of competitions. Pretty successfully! My best week was when l won two holidays! One to ltaly and one to Egypt.
l need to start comping seriously again! l could do with a holiday.

Shadow1234 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:20:16

The only thing I have ever won is an argument!! 😩

Scoleah Mon 25-Feb-19 20:23:05

I won £300 Vouchers on Here smile
I won a Casio cassette Walkman when I was in school grin
& my dad won £15k on Loose Women competition smile

Ofalltheginjoints Mon 25-Feb-19 20:25:36

A painting, a signed autobiography by an Olympian and a massage once.

My DM did better tho, the day after I won the painting she won a Diamond Nexklace at a Diamond Night event we went to, whilst the painting is great the Necklace would’ve been better!

Shufflebumnessie Mon 25-Feb-19 20:29:50

Not me personally, but my parents won a 5* all-inclusive luxury holiday to the Beijing Olympics. They had an amazing, once in a lifetime experience.
All they did was buy something on their credit card. They didn't even know there was a competition running until they got the phone call (which my dad thought was a scam until all the details arrived in the post!!).

AgentCooper Mon 25-Feb-19 20:31:56

A holiday to Marbella and three bikinis as the competition was sponsored by Freya.

I thought it was a scam email but it was real!

littlebillie Mon 25-Feb-19 20:33:12

twin dolls (very scary - when I was aged 5)
£1000 bursary to education
£300 on here
Ipod, Kindle and a weekend in France

goose1964 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:35:49

Loads, mainly books and make up, but loads of other stuff, including a holiday to Cyprus a few weekend breaks and a few weekends a few web spends

FuzzyPuffling Mon 25-Feb-19 20:38:24

A box of false comedy noses. And that is all. and can we ask what you did with them --and why you entered the competition-/*

I think we (my children) used them for dressing up games. Why I entered? No idea. I probably thought I had a fighting chance of winning, because, who wants a box of false noses?

puppymouse Mon 25-Feb-19 20:39:38

Slimming World meeting raffle 😁

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »