Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be furious...

(4 Posts)
TangledUpInGin Sun 24-Feb-19 20:02:46

...to be dragged out of my state of melancholy by people being bloody lovely today? Honestly, I’ve had a bit of a week, nothing drastic, but enough shitty little things to make me a bit fucked off with the world. I’d just become adjusted to my gloomy outlook when not one, but two people have shunted me out of it without a second thought.

The first was a lady who was running a charity cafe who told me they didn’t take card payments, but she’d just been to the bank, so here’s £20. She gave me her account details, but said not to worry if I didn’t pay it back, if I didn’t, i obviously needed it more than she did and to pay it forward when I could. I could afford to pay it back, and have done, but what a fantastic attitude she had.

Second was a chap who paid the 30p I was short of at the ice cream van with three ice cream needing children. He said to not worry, it’s not a problem.

I’m absolutely furious that I’m unable to continue in my black mood and have had my faith in human nature restored due to these absolute bastards grin

*disclaimer, the people mentioned about are nothing but lovely, kind people who helped out without having to. I’m genuinely so touched that there are still good people among us. Their kindness will definitely be paid on by me in the future.

IHeartMarmiteToast Sun 24-Feb-19 20:05:48

How lovely. So sorry you weren't able to wallow in peace.

😁

Sausage666 Sun 24-Feb-19 20:13:29

Ah I hate when this happens. You are having a right rant in your head about the terrible state of humanity these days, thinking that now you surely have it figured out, everyone pigeon holed and neatly squared off as a bunch of useless turds - then some lovely person does something utterly cute and you're like - 'well, wtf now.' Been there.

MrsMozartMkII Sun 24-Feb-19 20:30:31

How bloody annoying!

How bloody dare they be all that nice and lovely?! Didn't they realise you were comfy in your grump?
Rude I feel.

grin

... wonders whether to put a disclaimer...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: