Talk

Advanced search

Please can someone explain why this is offensive?

(214 Posts)
PooleySpooley Sun 24-Feb-19 19:26:54

Holly Willougbys boobs on Dancing On Ice Tonight.

There is this women on Twitter going on about how it’s not ok for “family viewing” before the watershed?

How the hell is a bit of cleavage offensive to children?

Am I being dim here? I can’t see anything offensive about it at all?

hoppityfrog3 Sun 24-Feb-19 19:30:02

No it's not offensive at all. They were popping out a bit though. grin

I found it hard to not look at them #awkward blush

Governoress86 Sun 24-Feb-19 19:31:52

I just had to Google the image and I don't find it offensive at all. I quite like the outfit. I also think it is suitable for 'family viewing' aswell.

Some people give me the rage when they try to 'ned flanders' everything

PooleySpooley Sun 24-Feb-19 19:31:56

This lady was also complaining she could see Holly’s “gusset” at the top of the slit in her skirt.

I think she’s looking way too hard to find something to be offended by?

My boys (and my DD actually who is Gay) might have enjoyed looking at her boobs but that’s ok isn’t it?

AnnieOH1 Sun 24-Feb-19 19:32:17

I was expecting something BDSM-esque from your write-up. I don't think it's particularly risqué at all and compares to other stuff she's worn. I don't think it is the most flattering cut on her, if anything it minimizes her bosom. She can't seem to do right dress wise for some people no matter what she does.

PooleySpooley Sun 24-Feb-19 19:34:02

@AnnieOH1 grin

I know - it’s a floor length gown!

Catinthetwat Sun 24-Feb-19 19:41:55

I just googled it. I personally find it too sexy for family viewing. If Phillip was dressed as sexily as that it would raise some eyebrows. So it's a case of women being sexualised and no one notices. What time is it on?

PooleySpooley Sun 24-Feb-19 19:44:55

Well a couple of weeks ago James Jordan sported a pair of ballet tights which left absolutely nothing to the imagination?

GoingToInfinity Sun 24-Feb-19 19:45:32

I don't think it's a very flattering cut on her, but it's not scandalous! I don't get the issue. Yes it's a little low cut, but it's balanced out with the fact it's full length.

GunpowderGelatine Sun 24-Feb-19 19:45:55

It's one persons opinion and I doubt anyone normal gives a shit

ILoveMaxiBondi Sun 24-Feb-19 19:47:41

This? This is what people thought was offensive?? shock fucking hell. Do they want her in nuns habit?

PooleySpooley Sun 24-Feb-19 19:48:34

Yes!!! grin

Romanov Sun 24-Feb-19 19:49:35

goodness, that's horrible! makes her look like she has saggy boobs

if you search for 'Holly Willoughby's Dancing On Ice Tonight.' there are some absolutely stunning dresses, where she looks incredible, but this ew!!

MustStopSnacking28 Sun 24-Feb-19 19:49:55

I think she looks great and if I had a smashing bod like hers I would wear that dress every day grin

Romanov Sun 24-Feb-19 19:50:49

this is what I mean about the boobs

hopeishere Sun 24-Feb-19 19:51:05

It seems to fit unevenly over her boobs. Unless one side is supposed to look lower.

PooleySpooley Sun 24-Feb-19 19:51:20

I am also blessed in the boob department - I would def show them off and I can’t see how this is scarring children watching?

WilkoBrandCleaner Sun 24-Feb-19 19:51:48

It doesn’t really fit her properly and the colour is very harsh on her. But it’s hardly indecent.

WorraLiberty Sun 24-Feb-19 19:52:06

goodness, that's horrible! makes her look like she has saggy boobs

Blimey, are we looking at the same boobs?

They couldn't look further from saggy imo shock

Hillarious Sun 24-Feb-19 19:53:18

You'd never get Tess Daly in an outfit like that. Shame on you, Holly!

OMGithurts Sun 24-Feb-19 19:53:25

It doesn't fit. Has she been photoshopped to within an inch of her life in the posed photo, as she looks much slimmer and slightly less awkward in it there.

BrizzleMint Sun 24-Feb-19 19:54:25

It's not exactly flattering but offensive?

lovefriday Sun 24-Feb-19 19:54:38

I think she looks great. Don't get what the fuss is about.

BertrandRussell Sun 24-Feb-19 19:54:43

I do hate the fact that women have to look sexually “available” on programmes like this. One of the many things I like about Claudia Winkleman is that she tends not to. And it’s not a very nice dress anyway. But I don’t think those are the things that offended bonkers twitter lady

Heatherjayne1972 Sun 24-Feb-19 19:55:07

Good on her for having the confidence to wear it
I couldn’t
But no it’s not offensive

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »