Talk

Advanced search

Copy cat birthday party

(19 Posts)
GregoryPeckingDuck Sun 24-Feb-19 18:52:36

I thought I would wait a couple years for pizza express because about half the class have younger siblings (lots of small age gap families at our school because most parents are older so have them one after another). I was just a bit uncertain because we have had no other soft play parties (everyone else has been doing them at home with various entertainers, bouncy castles, travelling zoos etc) but going off this thread I’ll just book it.

FlagDay Sun 24-Feb-19 18:41:44

I don’t think it matters at all if you also have your DC’s party at the soft play.

I would say though that my DD had a great time at a Pizza Express party she was invited to a few weeks ago and all the kids there were from her reception class. I was worried it would be chaos, but in fact it was very well done.

gamerchick Sun 24-Feb-19 18:35:40

Kids don't care and it's not a competition OP.

StinkyCandle Sun 24-Feb-19 18:32:52

Of course it's completely fine, who cares? If the other parent has an issue with it, they are nuts.

A soft play party is such a common thing, most kids have at least one between the age of 3 and 8 or 9!

The siblings do not matter for the parties, they are not invited, but the reception kids guests usually have more fun running around, they are a bit young for just pizza express.

Jebuschristchocolatebar Sun 24-Feb-19 18:13:59

Have been to the same place twice in two weeks for two parties. Very normal where I live

PrivacyPolicyYeahRight Sun 24-Feb-19 18:12:26

*lol we

PrivacyPolicyYeahRight Sun 24-Feb-19 18:12:12

Lolbwe are constantly going to the same places for parties! No issue at all!

HaveNoSocks Sun 24-Feb-19 18:10:12

Of course it's fine! In both my DC's year groups there'll be waves of a particular type of party. In YR we had church hall entertainers (usually the same bloody entertainers which got bloody dull for the parents but the kids still loved it), then a particular soft play centre (there are a few locally but this place is the best for parties), then a high rope course. It hasn't occurred to anyone to be annoyed!

Jupiters Sun 24-Feb-19 18:07:11

If there is only 1 soft play centre in town then people will expect more than 1 party to be held there, don't worry.

GregoryPeckingDuck Sun 24-Feb-19 17:41:36

Ok. This is reassuring. I just wondered because since September we’ve had about one party a month with each one getting increasingly elaborate but then again if this parent is doing a soft play party she probably gives as few fucks as I do.

edwinbear Sun 24-Feb-19 17:38:47

I must have been to the same soft play place about 6 times one year. It was a great venue, the kids loved it and they made life easy for the parents. We’ve been to the same trampoline park 3 times this year already!

Hairyporker Sun 24-Feb-19 17:37:23

In the 90s practically every birthday party was at maccies so I wouldn't worry

dirtystinkyrats Sun 24-Feb-19 17:34:38

Nope, I've arranged DS's party in soft play 2 weeks after a friend's. For family reasons I had to choose the option with minimal effort for me and this was it.

Wild123 Sun 24-Feb-19 17:34:16

would not bother me at all in fact i give recommendations based on the parties we had

2rachtin Sun 24-Feb-19 17:33:36

My daughter has been to three at the same soft play for different children in her reception class in three months - great parties and no big deal! Go for it.

IncrediblySadToo Sun 24-Feb-19 17:33:25

Of course not. If it’s the only soft play
near you, you’ll be the second of many. I hope they do good coffee as you’re destined to be there frequently.

PepsiLola Sun 24-Feb-19 17:33:20

My DS class have so far had four of the same place invites since September. In fact he's one had one different place!

Don't stress, other parent doesn't own soft play! And unless your kids birthday is in the first week of September, you're unlikely to get first dibs on a party place

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Sun 24-Feb-19 17:32:53

Not a problem. There simply are not 30 individual venues for parties. Kinds don't care so long as there is cake and fizz!

GregoryPeckingDuck Sun 24-Feb-19 17:31:25

So we have one soft play in our town which offers birthday parties. It was always my intention to do DSs party there. Don’t want to do one at home and the only other place that does kids parties in town is pizza express (they are reception class and not sure this is a good idea because many have younger siblings).

But DS has come home with an invitation for a birthday party at the soft play. WIBU to do one there as well? I wouldn’t care if the position was reversed but I know some mothers can get OTT about these things and I want to avoid confrontations/bad feelings.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »