Talk

Advanced search

I have orange lines on my face

(31 Posts)
enova Sun 24-Feb-19 15:50:19

This has been a problem for a month or two. I'm hoping someone can help!

So where the 'smile lines' are, from your nose to mouth - mine are orange. Like it looks like bad make-up. Now, I don't wear make-up (most of the time). I scrub, I moisturise, I use face wipes. These lines are still orange and it seems to just get worse and it looks terrible as I'm really pale.

I've attached a picture to show wear it is just incase it wasn't completely clear.

I've tried covering it with make-up on occasions and it hasn't worked.

recrudescence Sun 24-Feb-19 15:53:19

Have you asked a doctor?

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 15:55:02

@recrudescence nope, seemed a bit of a silly thing to see a GP about. Should I?

Birdsgottafly Sun 24-Feb-19 15:55:22

They're marionette lines.

Discolouration can be caused by different factors.

You could see your GP and ask is it worth seeing Dermatology.

Other than that, it will be a form of aging, how old are you?

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 15:55:53

@Birdsgottafly 18!

recrudescence Sun 24-Feb-19 15:58:16

If it’s worrying you, you should certainly see a doctor. Perhaps there is a treatment.

GinaCarbonara Sun 24-Feb-19 16:04:59

Do you use fake tan?

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 16:08:06

@GinaCarbonara nope, never!

ATBhinchers Sun 24-Feb-19 16:09:09

See a dermatologist privately

HumptyNumptyNooNoo Sun 24-Feb-19 16:09:41

Do you have a flat mate with an orange sharpie ?

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 16:11:24

@ATBhinchers couldn't afford it!

@HumptyNumptyNooNoo definitely not grin

MollysLips Sun 24-Feb-19 16:14:50

@Birdsgottafly

Marionette lines run from the sides of your mouth down to the sides of your chin. The ones OP is talking about are Nasolabial Folds.

OP Are you seeing the same colour around your eyebrows too? If so, try taking zinc.

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 16:15:55

@MollysLips not round my eyebrows, no.

Can I ask why zinc? Could it be a deficiency?

OutwiththeOutCrowd Sun 24-Feb-19 16:21:43

Do you eat a lot of carrots?

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 16:22:18

@OutwiththeOutCrowd like once a month? So no! confused

I just can't seem to find the problem!

lidoshuffle Sun 24-Feb-19 16:31:47

Sorry OP, but I keep thinking of Phoenix Nights where the bloke uses real paint by accident, not face paint ,and ends up with a perma-tigerface...

I hope you get more help from other posters though.

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 16:34:37

@lidoshuffle thank you 😂

Cornettoninja Sun 24-Feb-19 16:43:46

Are they a definite orange or more on the brown side? I’m only asking because brownish discolouration is a common in a few things. Orange is unusual.

Go see your GP, it’s not a waste of an appointment. Skin is your largest organ so if something’s amiss it can be a good indicator.

Does sound unusual though so don’t be fobbed off or afraid to ask for a referral to a dermatologist if you’re not reassured. Don’t be surprised if there’s a bit of a wait though (like everything else in the NHS!)

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 16:44:49

@Cornettoninja it's definite orange. It honestly looks like really orange make up lines. You can't see it from a distance but up close it's quite obvious now!

Thanks for your advice.

LuckyLou7 Sun 24-Feb-19 16:49:10

What sort of cleanser/moisturiser do you use? Have you changed your skin care regime recently? I'm asking because I inadvertently dyed my entire face orange when I bought what I thought was a bog standard moisturiser and it contained a 'tan enhancer' aka fake tan - it was from a bargain shop and the information on it was in a different language.

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 16:50:43

@LuckyLou7 oh god that sounds disastrous blush but no, just using regular Nivea products!

OutwiththeOutCrowd Sun 24-Feb-19 16:59:51

Do you take a multivitamin supplement?

VelvetPineapple Sun 24-Feb-19 17:01:31

My DM had similar and it turned out to be a fungal infection in the skin folds. I’d suggest seeing your GP and asking for a swab test.

enova Sun 24-Feb-19 17:01:40

@OutwiththeOutCrowd I take iron as I suffered with low iron during pregnancy and carried on taking the supplements.

Dubbadubbadumdum Sun 24-Feb-19 17:08:07

Recently pregnant? It's melasma, pregnancy mask-hyperpigmentation in select areas.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »