Talk

Advanced search

Who's right?

(9 Posts)
linove Sun 24-Feb-19 15:40:17

Just to clarify, we aren't a generally lazy family, we are just having an off week and a lazy Sunday!grin

So, today looked like this...
DM had DS last night. I got up early and went for driving lesson. Collected DS from DM afterwards in town centre and went shopping. Dropped DS home to DP. Had to go drop off a second-hand baby item to a lady and then had a tiring 35 min walk back. Came home, tidied up a bit, played with DS for 10 mins, sat down for 10 mins and then went back out shopping for DS's lunchbox.

DP has a big lie in before DS was dropped back. Did no jobs and just sat round playing a bit with DS all day.

I also had to work overtime yesterday. I'm tired.

I mentioned in passing before going to the shop that I was going to watch a bit of Netflix this afternoon. I occasionally have an afternoon where I'll go into the bedroom and watch 10 mins of Netflix on my laptop, then go out and do jobs and play with DS for 15-20 mins and then come back in to the bedroom, and so on... I was hoping for that this afternoon as I'm tired and just want a rest!

When I got back from the shop, DP was on his PS4 in the lounge. I asked him what he was doing and told him to turn it off as DS had been watching telly (don't slate me, he never watches it often, but it's his lazy day too as he's been knackered!).
He told me it was no different than me going and watching Netflix so why shouldn't he?

I know there'll be arguments of why it is the same but in my head-

Me: working overtime yesterday, up early for a driving lesson, running round shopping, dropped off stuff to people, collecting DS and then sneakily watching 10 mins of Netflix at a time in the bedroom on my laptop while doing jobs and playing in between

isn't the same as

DP: having a big lie in, sitting round watching DS but not doing much this afternoon, and then sitting in our most communal room on the PlayStation on our only TV and not paying much attention to anyone

Or is it? Am I being entitled??confused

hidinginthenightgarden Sun 24-Feb-19 15:43:46

Can't you both just do what you want?
Sounds pretty much the same to me. Did he watch your DS yesterday when you were working?

Birdsgottafly Sun 24-Feb-19 15:48:03

I don't understand the issue. None of this is harmful to your DS.

What was the problem?

Gronky Sun 24-Feb-19 15:51:38

How old is your DS?

linove Sun 24-Feb-19 15:51:54

I just don't like DS sitting on the floor playing and trying to get DP's attention while he's on the PS4 giving that his full focus - especially as DS was actually watching telly.

linove Sun 24-Feb-19 15:52:07

@Gronky 2.

Lazypuppy Sun 24-Feb-19 15:52:39

Jist leave him to his playstation and you go upstairs.

Why are you only watching 10mins of netflix? Just watch a whole episode of something, you sound like a bit of a martyr

LettuceP Sun 24-Feb-19 15:54:36

Can't you all just do your own thing? Ds plays, dh plays PlayStation and you watch Netflix? Also don't see why your watching 10 minutes of Netflix at a time? Surely watch an episode or two and then come downstairs and do whatever jobs you need to do? If dh is with ds then he's fine if your upstairs.

PuzzlingPuzzle Sun 24-Feb-19 15:59:04

Cut each other some slack and let this one go. Unless there’s some concern that your DH is playing some particularly violent game whilst a toddler watches then what you’ve described doesn’t sound like a big deal?! And 10 minutes of Netflix... really... hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »