Talk

Advanced search

Ba&sh models - AIBU?

(14 Posts)
nomorekale Sun 24-Feb-19 14:06:59

Hi, I was just ordering some Spring clothes online. Ba&sh is a brand I love, but AIBU to find one or two of this seasons models a bit on the noticeably thin side of slim? Bearing in mind, this range is aimed at women 30 plus. It wouldn’t be so striking if it was for a teen brand such as Top Shop. I’m 5 ft 7 and a size 8 myself, but I haven’t looked like this since I was about 12. Would it really hurt to use a size 8-10 model when you’re marketing to real women in the more “middle- aged” or non- teen demographic? Happy to be told I’m AIBU, but I was struck by this while browsing today.

Scarydinosaurs Sun 24-Feb-19 14:09:20

Looking at her arm proportions, that is a pretty shocking photoshop job too.

BaronessBomburst Sun 24-Feb-19 14:09:48

120 for a vest top?
It had better be silk!
And yes, she looks skeletal.

PregnantSea Sun 24-Feb-19 14:11:38

Most clothes shops don't like to use models wearing actual size clothes. They go for a few sizes smaller because that's what sells, I suppose? They like the clothes to "hang".

I agree that it's annoying. I'd like to see what clothes look like on an average sized person, so I can decide whether or not I want to buy them. Oh well 🤷

BuildingBackUp Sun 24-Feb-19 14:11:44

Yanbu op.

She looks almost painfully thin imo and I agree that a larger model would be even more appropriate for the age range concerned. Not many of us in our 30s have that kind of straight figure, even the really slim ones.

I suspect a lot of people will tell you she’s fine, you’re skinny shaming and we’re all so fat we’ve forgotten what normal is though.

BuildingBackUp Sun 24-Feb-19 14:13:03

And bloody hell, missed the price.

Good grief op, I change my opinion to yabu 😂

DoneLikeAKipper Sun 24-Feb-19 14:13:20

I could tell that was a bad photoshop job from the thumbnail. You could grate cheese off those shoulders.

XiCi Sun 24-Feb-19 14:14:20

Odd photograph. The arms look like they belong to 2 different people!! And yes, the model looks ill on that photo.
Just as shocking is the £120 price tag for a vest!

nomorekale Sun 24-Feb-19 14:15:08

No I wouldn’t pay that for a vest top either! I like their dresses mainly.

I never usually notice this kind of thing too much, but it annoyed me today and almost put me off buying from them.

Niffler25 Sun 24-Feb-19 14:17:45

She does looks really thin. I am naturally very slim (5 foot 8, 9 and a half stone) but she is much thinner than me. Hard to tell from one photo though, I guess people always looks different in real life and god knows how much photoshop these places use!

nomorekale Sun 24-Feb-19 14:25:27

Here’s some other ones.

DoneLikeAKipper Sun 24-Feb-19 14:29:25

Those are some bloody ugly clothes for that price, all very samey ‘twenty something going to a festival’. Sorry, not the point I know.

Mmmhmmokdear Sun 24-Feb-19 14:36:30

The second one doesn't look too bad. The first one is very pointy. Very skinny is supposed to be "out of fashion" now anyway.

Chickychoccyegg Sun 24-Feb-19 15:13:52

those prices are insane!!
she does look very thin, but pictures are often photoshopped.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: