Talk

Advanced search

Is DGM BU?

(8 Posts)
Timetobookaholiday Sat 23-Feb-19 19:11:13

So I have married into a family that is very rich and privileged, I did have my own millions before joining the family. I knew I was going to be in the news everyday, and I was used to this level of media attention.

But now I am married, I am now being criticised for trying to lead my old life style, and having to live to some very old values and ancient views.

To stay married I might have to give up my views that a woman has a right to life her own life without being dictated too.. also I must toe the line of what is expected from the family.

Am I wrong for thinking I can change the family and keep living my lavish life style, or should I be toeing the rules of the grandmother?

Not a reverse.. but more how would we feel if someone posted on MN that she was being restricted in her life by a gmil?

Grimbles Sat 23-Feb-19 19:13:15

But in the case of MM (who this is blatantly about) it's the media who are whipping up the outrage, not Liz.

PrawnOfCreation Sat 23-Feb-19 19:14:29

In the words of Peter Griffin. Shut up Meg.

MrsLinManuelMiranda Sat 23-Feb-19 19:14:38

Is that you Meghan?

GunpowderGelatine Sat 23-Feb-19 19:17:02

Oi, leave the queen out of this. She isn't restricting anyone, it's the media berating Meghan, who married into an institution that she knew was publicly funded

whatswithtodaytoday Sat 23-Feb-19 19:18:32

It's nothing to do with the Queen, I doubt she gives the tiniest crap what Meghan does.

Timetobookaholiday Sat 23-Feb-19 19:29:48

But if it was any other mn poster complaining they are having to change their life values to fit into a family.. what would mn posters be saying?
As I'm sure we would all be saying 'you don't need to change for them'
But she's married into a family where she should have known she will need to change.

Filbert7 Sat 23-Feb-19 19:49:28

I don't have a lot of time for the royal family as an institution, but if we have to have it (and fund their lifestyle), then I do think they need to largely stick to being bland, unopinionated national 'mascots'.

That said I don't really know the specifics of any of the controversy because I don't care to read about the royals.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »