Talk

Advanced search

Feel like a teenager again.....

(6 Posts)
JustMeTyping Sat 23-Feb-19 18:33:04

So, very long term lurker but seldom poster.....

Decided a few days ago to 'de-friend' some one who I have not had contact with for many, many months....was always the one to instigate meet ups, supported family dramas, etc....

In a moment of clarity/lunacy, said that as much as I care about said person, it was time to go our separate ways. (Have been dealing with a massive issue - taking on bank, court, Judge in a financial fiasco not of our own making...) and really needed all the friends I could muster.

Anyhoo, have since found out that said friend is having a party and I am clearly not on the invite list (list was compiled 4 weeks before I sent my text....)

AIBU to feel like a sodding teenager again, in the un-cool gang.....even though I am doing ok in all other areas of my life?

(Crap, feeling like a whinging imbecile just posting but has affected me more than I envisioned....)

marvellousnightforamooncup Sat 23-Feb-19 18:35:07

Well just tell yourself you've done the right thing.

I'd be hurt too but just chalk it up to experience, you can't do anything else really.

YouTheCat Sat 23-Feb-19 18:37:53

This just confirms what a shit friend she was and that you did the right thing in defriending her.

I don't think her 'gang' are the cool kids though. They might have been at school but that doesn't wash when you get older. The cool kids were usually just the mean ones anyway.

MiamiLogic Sat 23-Feb-19 18:37:58

So someone you don’t want to be friends with, who doesn’t want to be friends with you, is having a party I’m assuming you wouldn’t want to go to, and you’re upset? YABU, as much as it stings to not be invited to something, you don’t even like this person. Focus on people you do consider friends.

MakeItAmazing Sat 23-Feb-19 18:38:52

You've done the right thing and sometimes it has be about self preservation and not past history.

I went through my phone yesterday and deleted some people whose number I haven't used in years. A couple I kept but really they should go. I've also not contacted a friend when I would normally do so as they've done something that has hurt me. I feel completely petty but I feel I had to do it.

JustMeTyping Sat 23-Feb-19 19:02:42

Thank you for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.
Just find it amusing (in a bizarre sense of the word) that I feel awful about it.

PP - completely correct, I would not have attended the party anyway but to not have been invited just prickles (know I abu)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: