Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want help

(3 Posts)
Nathansmommy1 Sat 23-Feb-19 17:32:17

So me and my partner have a 5 year old with asd and I'm expecting number 2. He works away from home during the week so stays away 3 nights away so I'm usually very independent. On Saturdays he has a second job which is just a hobby, he half owns the company but doesn't need the money and doesn't draw any money from it. However between working away, and his Saturday job he always just wants to 'relax' When he's home I.e. sit on the couch and watch tv or play Xbox. I can't remember the last time he cooked a meal or didn't any kind of house work and as I'm getting further along in this pregnancy, I'm struggling with managing a full time job, a 1.5 hour commute each way Monday to Friday, looking after our sn child and bringing him to all his activities and looking after the house. Last Sunday he had to go to work (his hobby work) and he's said that he'll also have to go tomorrow as they are busy. AIBU to think he's being unfair on me and our child for not being around and for not helping at all in the little time he is around?

Merryoldgoat Sat 23-Feb-19 18:01:20

Yes. He’s being entirely unfair. I have a 6yo with HFA and a 1yo.

My DH is a fully functioning parent and anything less is unacceptable.

CatstorTroy Sat 23-Feb-19 19:39:24

got to agree with pp. my partner was a bit rubbish with the baby bits, and admited so, and picked up the slack elsewhere. always cooked all our meals did housework, ran my bath and cleaned all pumps and bottles. ( now shes 7 months and ive gone back to work is now doing alot more) doing his 'hobby job' is fine but surely only if ot suits the family. sacrifices have to be made at some point.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »