Talk

Advanced search

Unsupportive Friend

(27 Posts)
JustmeandtheKIDS2 Sat 23-Feb-19 15:21:27

Im a bit lost with this one. A very good friend of mine that i have known for about 25 years just isnt supportive.
I have been going through a very difficult and abusive separation from my children's father, my children are very young. This has been going on for a while (several years) and still not divorced!! She has become distant from me.
Then a month ago i called her and filled her in on an absolutely hideous situation that i have found my self in. With out saying too much i have been involved with ss and the police regarding something my children came back and told me, very serious. This is absolutely nothing that i have done, its a serious safeguarding concern regarding the kids and their father.
Since then she has only asked me once how i am! I totally understand that it probably takes quite a bit of energy to be my friend atm. But i know if anyone had told me what i told her i would have supported them 100%
Am i being unreasonable to be disappointed and feel let down by her?

Hairyporker Sun 24-Feb-19 07:32:07

You sound like a total drainer. She's probably ghosting you.

JustmeandtheKIDS2 Sun 24-Feb-19 07:48:59

No no souting. We had a difference of opinion regarding her new partner and her meeting his children after about 2 months. I diagreed with this.
I personally think her life's in a really good place atm and she's quite consumed by That, which I understand.
Just to put into context she was pretty much my best friend for 20 years yes we did confine in each other, as very close friebds do. The time I was mentally ill was about18 years ago, iv been ill once since which she know about but didn't really rely on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »