Talk

Advanced search

TalkTalk broadband

(6 Posts)
ViolaD77 Sat 23-Feb-19 12:00:26

I know this is sooooo petty but Thursday I cancelled my contract with TalkTalk as I'm Joining virgin Media from mid March. So paying for TalkTalk broadband fibre until then. All of a sudden my WiFi is a million times, worse than it was and now nothing works in my house even though my TalkTalk router is on, all green lights flashing etc. Is this coincidence or what? I eldouble checked that they haven't cut me off already in error, they said no.

I'm so annoyed and TalkTalk said they can't do anything to fix it because at their end it says all is super duper and perfect connection in my house. So raging. Plus it's actually been off since yesterday 1pm completely and last night an incident happened to my garage and I really needed my cctv to be working for the police but because of TalkTalk my cctv wouldn't work! SHITTY TALKTALK! Sitting here on my 4g drowning my data, no TV or laptop.
Yes I could read a book... Go for a walk but I'm so annoyed.

Has anyone had talktalk issues.. And when you left? Please come and curse with me 😞

buttermilkwaffles Sat 23-Feb-19 12:27:19

TalkTalk is the only broadband provider I have had that regularly just stops working for no reason (usually just for 5 or 10 minutes, but occasionally for hours) or regularly gets ridiculously slow even outside of peak hours.

LuxuryWoman2018 Sat 23-Feb-19 12:38:14

Oh god, I could write pages about this dreadful company, from sign up to leaving it was a pure nightmare. Their bad reputation is fully justified. I did get compensation after going to their CEO.

I get mad just thinking about their incompetence.

RighteousSista Sat 23-Feb-19 12:42:57

They are truly shite random drop outs and carp customer service

JagerPlease Sat 23-Feb-19 21:51:55

They're terrible. Several months into my contract my connection basically disappeared for over a week, could just about connect one device. Engineers said nothing wrong. Customer service then run a test to tell me that apparently my usage (st that point one device) exceeds the bandwidth of my package and I need to upgrade to fibre. I agree to upgrade the following month, then miraculously the next day my original Internet starts working again on multiple devices. I don't believe for a second it was a coincidence!

Artykitty666 Sat 23-Feb-19 22:15:28

I once split from an ex and moved out but the contract was in my name. I phoned repeatedly to cancel/pay off/transfer details and they kept me on hold, transferred me multiple times and inevitably the call would be mysteriously cut off without any resolution ... I paid for that douche's phone and broadband for A YEAR because it was less stress than trying to use their customer service helpline!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »