Talk

Advanced search

Bath

(9 Posts)
Carrie79 Sat 23-Feb-19 09:48:30

Hi all, I came home yesterday from a lovely day out with DD to find my DH in the laundry room and my 9 month old baby alone in the bath in the bathroom next door. He was in one of those bath seats so my DH thinks he was perfectly safe and tells me I'm overreacting and overcautious. He says he only left him for a few seconds. DH had no line of sight into the bathroom at all. AIBU to be worried about this? Thanks.

GaraMedouar Sat 23-Feb-19 09:51:26

Yes definitely. Your post made me gasp. Never never leave a baby alone in the bath even in a seat. I would never trust my OH again.

Daffodil2018 Sat 23-Feb-19 09:52:50

YANBU. Your DH is an idiot. Babies can drown in seconds.

dementedpixie Sat 23-Feb-19 09:53:35

You just don't leave babies unattended in the bath!

StarlightIntheNight Sat 23-Feb-19 09:53:59

As the op stated....never leave a baby alone in the bath. It takes just a few seconds for them to drown and you can easily get distracted in the other room.

Littleloafofbread Sat 23-Feb-19 09:56:08

That's horrifying!

Is there any official literature on this that you can show him so he knows you're not overreacting?

Oysterbabe Sat 23-Feb-19 09:56:43

He's an idiot. I read a story just the other day about a baby drowning in the bath while it's mum was putting some laundry on the radiators for a few minutes.

Oysterbabe Sat 23-Feb-19 09:58:28

Show him this
www.google.com/amp/s/www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/tragedy-baby-boy-drowns-during-2315563.amp

DurhamDurham Sat 23-Feb-19 10:04:47

I'd be furious, babies drown in seconds and in silence. Terrifying he thought it was ok to leave a 9 month old baby alone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »