Talk

Advanced search

To think this cafe needs to rethink their message to customers?

(709 Posts)
GunpowderGelatine Fri 22-Feb-19 23:37:14

Seen this on Facebook today from a cafe -

So we are a dog friendly cafe which is completely acceptable by health and safety as long as the dogs don’t cook your food or enter the kitchen 😡* so don’t give us a hard time if you don’t like dogs because we like dogs better than humans - note don’t give Vicky a hard time over happy dogs because Vicky will always defend the dogs*

Now I have a bit of a fear of dogs and wouldn't expect to see one in a cafe and I'd be a bit pissed off if I paid good money for food and drink only to be bollocked by "Vicky" if I didn't like a dog in my face hmm AIBU to think it's not a good message to tell your paying customers that they come second to another species?

crazycatgal Fri 22-Feb-19 23:45:27

Vicky sounds a bit unhinged.

But don't go to a dog friendly cafe if you don't like dogs, I don't understand people who go to them and then complain about dogs. hmm

ScreamingValenta Fri 22-Feb-19 23:45:46

The original message was OK, but she lost me at 'bitch fairy'.

Birdsgottafly Fri 22-Feb-19 23:48:43

It also depends on where you are.

I used to go camping, mainly around Wales. We went with my very well behaved GSD.

The places we ate/drank allowed dogs. They relied on the trade from canpers/walkers.

There were lots of dogs, but more mess a d fights from the humans. A lot of the time the dogs smelt better, as well.

SaturdayNext Fri 22-Feb-19 23:49:05

It's bit bizarre that she's telling her customers that dogs are better than them. It's not as if the dogs are likely to be able to keep her in business on their own.

babycatcher411 Fri 22-Feb-19 23:49:33

I like dog cafes but Vicky sounds an unpleasant person so I don't think I would want to give her my money

This.
If they want it to be a dog friendly cafe, and do it in a manner that meets health and safety, and food safety standards, crack on.
But however Vicky doesn’t sound to be the most pleasant person I’ve ever met, and that would deter me.

QuietContraryMary Fri 22-Feb-19 23:50:49

if it's clear before you pay that dogs have the run of the place then I don't see the problem.

if it's not so obvious then it's a bit off IMO

whataremyoption Fri 22-Feb-19 23:51:04

I mean, they sound mental. But just don't go there.

Doobigetta Fri 22-Feb-19 23:51:49

Something tells me Vicky has blue hair.

OftenHangry Fri 22-Feb-19 23:51:52

Are you the woman who went to bitchfest? 😂

BrizzleMint Fri 22-Feb-19 23:53:03

this place is lovely though I do wonder if doing meditation with cats in the room is quite the tranquil, relaxing session they suggest grin

GabsAlot Fri 22-Feb-19 23:53:07

she sounds a bit mad but jus dont go there if you dont like dogs

ive been to the cat emprium its lovely

IncrediblySadToo Fri 22-Feb-19 23:54:09

Well. If you mean re dogs being welcome, then YABU

But they might need to reign Vicky in, because she sounds completely unhinged and volatile and that puts me off going.

BadLad Fri 22-Feb-19 23:56:16

I don't like dogs at all, but can't see the issue here. I'd be glad to have it pointed out to me so clearly that it wasn't my kind of place before I hsd even gone there.

Dieu Fri 22-Feb-19 23:57:51

A dog lover and owner here, but I think Vicky sounds like a passive aggressive arse. Chances are she wouldn't be good at handling ANY type of customer complaint, never mind the doggy related ones!

PCohle Fri 22-Feb-19 23:57:51

Well it being dog friendly wouldn't bother me.

The tone of the various messages however is a bit unpleasant. Surely the boxing glove emoji is implying violence?

steff13 Fri 22-Feb-19 23:59:47

I like dogs fine, but I wouldn't go because of Vicky. 😮

sweeneytoddsrazor Sat 23-Feb-19 00:03:04

@brizzlemint love it there .

ArchieStar Sat 23-Feb-19 00:03:04

Sounds like my kinda place! I’d probably just nod along with Vicky though... maybe she has witnessed animal abuse in the past? Something has definitely happened because of how forceful her post is about what is allowed and what isn’t there.

FrancisCrawford Sat 23-Feb-19 00:04:13

I may be alone but I've never once seen a dog in a cafe

Doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty.

Starbucks is dog friendly.

Bezalelle Sat 23-Feb-19 00:04:44

I've known Vickies. Tiresome.

SapphireSeptember Sat 23-Feb-19 00:05:19

I don't like dogs or humans, I'd love to go to a cafe staffed completely by small furry rodents, like guinea pigs, and bunnies... <stares wistfully into the distance>

Cafe owner sounds nutty as a squirrel's larder though, I'd be giving her business a wide berth regardless of dogs.

Babdoc Sat 23-Feb-19 00:05:51

I’d be glad of the warning to take my business elsewhere. I can’t stand dogs, having been attacked by them 3 times in my life, and I certainly don’t want the stinking things slobbering round restaurant tables and moulting hair over the food.
Modern attitudes to dogs are terribly overindulgent - they have human names instead of Fido or Rover, are obese from being fed unsuitable treats of human food, don’t walk to heel but drag their owner along from in front, and are allowed to rule the roost in their owners’ homes. Taking over restaurants is yet another unwelcome trend. Thankfully none of my favourite haunts have sunk to this!

YourEggnogIsBetterThanMine Sat 23-Feb-19 00:07:35

I wouldn't seek out a dog cafe but I wouldn't avoid one either. I'd avoid Vicky though, she sounds like a dick.

AmICrazyorWhat2 Sat 23-Feb-19 00:08:23

I’m still fuming with the woman who went bitchfest over two adorable chocolate labs being excited

Sounds like they either jumped on someone or were barking manically, neither of which is nice when you don't know the dogs in question. I love my dog, but I'd be intimidated by two excited Labs. hmm

Stormy76 Sat 23-Feb-19 00:09:46

Vicky sounds very ‘passionate’ about her business model, I would give it a swerve and find somewhere else where you won’t get a gobful off Vicky!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »