Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wish people understood the responsibility they hold...

(5 Posts)
knitandpearl Fri 22-Feb-19 21:27:53

... when opening new boxes of cereal, or boxes of foil or clingfilm? You gotta do it with CARE and ATTENTION otherwise everyone who uses them will get irritated on a daily basis for weeks or even months!

That means no popping open the little sides of the foil box, no pulling the teeth bit off of the box, no ripping at the top of the cereal box so that little slot gets broken.

See also:
opening plastic packets (nuts, rice, pasta etc)
NOT relying on the 'self-seal' stickers which I've never ever seen stay stuck
dishing out a ready meal (needs forethought and usually a knife around the edge rather than random dolloping, to avoid half of it being left in the plastic box)
opening loo roll multipacks along the top or even perforations if the have them, not just ripping a stupid little hole in the side and wriggling one poxy roll out

YOU ARE EXCUSED if you open those frozen pea (etc) packets 'rip here, do NOT cut' with the ziplock seal inside the pack. They always go wrong.

No, I'm not particularly irritable today, why do you ask? grin

MmaMakutsi Fri 22-Feb-19 21:29:18

Feet covered in Rice Krispies OP? grin

Sparklingbrook Fri 22-Feb-19 21:30:44

I hear you!

I seem to be the only person in this house who can open something patiently and properly. sad

My Mum is also terrible at opening stuff, half opens it then gives it to me to finish.

knitandpearl Fri 22-Feb-19 21:33:31

no, just can't wait to use up the cling film purely so I can open a new box properly! tbf most packaging is not fit for purpose...

WorraLiberty Fri 22-Feb-19 21:34:19

YANBU

The packets of bacon in my fridge, look like they've been hacked at with a machete angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: