Talk

Advanced search

Would you park in a parent and child space if...

(95 Posts)
BabyNameDilemma Fri 22-Feb-19 20:48:15

It was after 8:30pm and you were 34 weeks pregnant. Asking for a friend wink

tiggerbounce77 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:49:54

Yes, perfectly reasonable as baby bump would make it hard to get out of the car in a normal sized space

CatinMyLap Fri 22-Feb-19 20:50:11

Personally, no.
8.30 on Friday night I’m sure there’s plenty space in the car park anyway

legolimb Fri 22-Feb-19 20:50:58

Yes.

JRMisOdious Fri 22-Feb-19 20:51:02

Yes, you are a parent and child.
When Tesco started them about 25 years ago you had to get a card, which they gave to mothers to be too.

Mummyshark2019 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:52:06

Yes this is fine. You have a child with you!!

Aprilshowersarecomingsoon Fri 22-Feb-19 20:53:48

I did when I had an obvious bump and left my maternity notes on the dashboard!
Never had any problems - had bad sciatica and looked like I needed a queen's lift not a parking space!

Amanduh Fri 22-Feb-19 20:54:19

Yes

Ploppymoodypants Fri 22-Feb-19 20:54:49

Totally, in fact I did last summer. I started because I parked one day in Sainsbury’s (normal space) and then when I got back with shopping I couldn’t get in car as new person next to me had parked too close. And I couldn’t climb through boot as so pregnant! So yes, do it!

SherlockSays Fri 22-Feb-19 20:57:26

Well, I'd be pretty annoyed if I came in behind you and couldn't get a P&C space (although unlikely as DD would have been in bed 1.5 hours by then) but nowhere near as annoyed as I was at the 3 grown women who did it today at Tesco angry

Bathbombs Fri 22-Feb-19 20:59:03

Yes. I probably wouldn’t take the last space but definitely if there were a few.
Tbh at that time of night I’d probably park in one without kids or being pregnant blush

inneedofaliein Fri 22-Feb-19 21:00:02

Hell yes. I have two DC, but on the rare occasion I am without them I will still use a P&C space. I am literally carrying my third child, increasingly massive and hobbling with SPD.

Would cheerfully explain this to anyone who challenged me.

SweetheartNeckline Fri 22-Feb-19 21:01:37

I have parked in a P&C space at 38 weeks pregnant as I struggle to get out of the door in normal spaces. As a one-time parent of 3 DC under 5 I wouldn't have begrudged you either.

Procrastination4 Fri 22-Feb-19 21:04:14

Yes. And I wouldn’t need an excuse to do it as the supermarket car parks are pretty empty around here at that time of the night anyway. By the way I’d never park in a disabled spot (except at my school during the holidays when the gates are locked and I’m the only one in grin) but parent and child places aren’t mandatory anyway.

Bathbombs Fri 22-Feb-19 21:06:58

I also feel the need to state that I would never and have never parked in a disabled space.

OMGithurts Fri 22-Feb-19 21:08:10

Yes. I did at 30something weeks with agonising SPD in a shopping centre where all the regular spaces were miles from the door and too fucking tiny to get my bump out. I have a 1yo and a 4yo and if I saw you I would be sympathetic.

dementedma Fri 22-Feb-19 21:08:51

yes. P and C spaces are discretionary and can't be enforced. I have 3 dcs and managed to raise them by parking wherever there was a space. Sometimes i even had to walk across a car park.
I park in P &C spaces when i am with my elderly mother - she can't walk far and not easy to carry so have no qualms about it.

2birds1stone Fri 22-Feb-19 21:10:27

I did when I was pregnant. I was huge and if it was a car park with small spaces but plenty of p&c I would park in them unless I could find an end space.

I remember trying to squeeze into my car with bump and had to press it into the car door I was in agony for the rest of the day. Never again .

ethelfleda Fri 22-Feb-19 21:11:43

Yeeeeah of course!

WorraLiberty Fri 22-Feb-19 21:13:54

Why would you need to at 8.30 at night?

Surely the car park isn't going to be jammed?

DailyMailFail101 Fri 22-Feb-19 21:16:22

No I wouldn’t of, if I can walk around a supermarket then an extra few yards in the car park wouldn’t make a difference.

StoneofDestiny Fri 22-Feb-19 21:18:11

What if you are 'extra wide' without being pregnant - is that ok to use the parent and baby spaces too?

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 22-Feb-19 21:18:16

Yes, they are normally empty at that time anyway. Wouldn't think twice tbh.

Pursefirst Fri 22-Feb-19 21:20:31

Yes. In fact, where I live (not UK) the P&C spaces have a stencilled marking of a pram and a stick figure with a bump. I'm probably explaining that badly, but I always believed that women with unwieldy bumps/mobility issues due to pregnancy were entitled to use the P&C spaces.

WorraLiberty Fri 22-Feb-19 21:21:38

That's what I was thinking Stone. What about very obese people?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »