Talk

Advanced search

Think I've been caught doing 60mph in a 30... what will happen

(256 Posts)
Whisky2014 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:35:09

Probably 6 points and a fine too. I got caught doing 58 in a 40 and got 3 points and a 200 quid fine. I genuinely thought it was a 60pmh area but missed a sign where it changedsad

chickengirl77 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:34:25

Points &fine or you can pay to do speeding course

Undies1990 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:33:57

You'll probably get a letter in the post giving you a fine and 3 points on your licence. You might by offered a driver awareness course. If it's your first offence, don't worry you won't lose your licence.

Gazelda Fri 22-Feb-19 20:33:34

I imagine there'll be a severe penalty for driving at twice the speed limit. But I can't imagine it'd be a straight off ban.

sackrifice Fri 22-Feb-19 20:32:50

You are likely to get 6 points and a fine for that.

It's not the end of the world. Stop stressing.

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:30:24

So I'm likely to get flamed for this I know

I've been driving for 15 years. No convictions, no crashes. I'm generally very careful and a considerate road user

Today i was driving down a country lane that leads to the edge of a town. They are in the process of building a housing estate on the edge of the town and have now made it an immediate 30mph from a 60 as you come towards the edge of this new estate. I went through the 30 sign at 60, slowing down as I was going along. Then spotted a police van with a camera pointing out of the back of it sad just up the road

How much trouble am I in?

I was slowing down before I hit the urban bit, but I Definately was still doing 60 as I went through the 30 limit sign.

I'm so stressed i feel sick with worry.

If i lose my license i lose my job

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »