Talk

Advanced search

Think I've been caught doing 60mph in a 30... what will happen

(256 Posts)
Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:30:24

So I'm likely to get flamed for this I know

I've been driving for 15 years. No convictions, no crashes. I'm generally very careful and a considerate road user

Today i was driving down a country lane that leads to the edge of a town. They are in the process of building a housing estate on the edge of the town and have now made it an immediate 30mph from a 60 as you come towards the edge of this new estate. I went through the 30 sign at 60, slowing down as I was going along. Then spotted a police van with a camera pointing out of the back of it sad just up the road

How much trouble am I in?

I was slowing down before I hit the urban bit, but I Definately was still doing 60 as I went through the 30 limit sign.

I'm so stressed i feel sick with worry.

If i lose my license i lose my job

sackrifice Fri 22-Feb-19 20:32:50

You are likely to get 6 points and a fine for that.

It's not the end of the world. Stop stressing.

Gazelda Fri 22-Feb-19 20:33:34

I imagine there'll be a severe penalty for driving at twice the speed limit. But I can't imagine it'd be a straight off ban.

Undies1990 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:33:57

You'll probably get a letter in the post giving you a fine and 3 points on your licence. You might by offered a driver awareness course. If it's your first offence, don't worry you won't lose your licence.

chickengirl77 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:34:25

Points &fine or you can pay to do speeding course

Whisky2014 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:35:09

Probably 6 points and a fine too. I got caught doing 58 in a 40 and got 3 points and a 200 quid fine. I genuinely thought it was a 60pmh area but missed a sign where it changedsad

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:35:23

At the point I spotted the police van i was doing 40 , still in the process of slowing down. Not good I know

WhenISnappedAndFarted Fri 22-Feb-19 20:35:27

I'd expect points and a fine.

Motherofcreek Fri 22-Feb-19 20:36:30

If you smashed in to a child at that speed you would totally annihilate them

JustAnotherPoster00 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:36:48

Sounds like a sp30 and a band c fine

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:37:09

Do u think there's a chance if just the 3 points if they clocked me at double the speed limit? Do they take into account the nature of the road ie. The fact it had been a 60mph limit a few secs before?
Sorry if I sound mental. Just about to return to work off mat leave and genuinely love my job

MmaMakutsi Fri 22-Feb-19 20:37:38

I'm not sure the OP was asking that Motherofcreek. Full marks though for pointing out the bleeding obvious. hmm

madvixen Fri 22-Feb-19 20:37:43

I think that's going to be a court summons I'm afraid

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:37:53

@justanotherposter what does that mean?

TrixieFranklin Fri 22-Feb-19 20:38:21

No they won't take into account the nature of the road.

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:38:32

@madvixen what would a court summons involve?

NerrSnerr Fri 22-Feb-19 20:38:57

Do you already have points OP? If not, it's not great but not the end of the world. You don't get banned until you get 12 points.

AirBiscuit Fri 22-Feb-19 20:39:03

Sentencing guidelines here

www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/speeding-revised-2017/

If you were caught doing 60 then it is at the top of the sentencing range. So potential ban and/or points plus fine. You would have to go to court. If that happens then grovel lots. No option of doing a speeding course at that speed I’m afraid.

mysteryfairy Fri 22-Feb-19 20:39:10

This happened to a family member but 70 and 40. The speed is too excessive to be dealt with via a fixed penalty notice so he was taken to court. The outcome was 6 points and a fine. You have to provide details of your income which informs the fine so if you earn a lot expect to be fined accordingly.

madvixen Fri 22-Feb-19 20:39:24

It will be a hearing at a magistrates court who have the power to ban you from driving and implement significant fines.

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:39:58

@nerrsnerr no points before in my life

TrixieFranklin Fri 22-Feb-19 20:39:57

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/driving-law/speeding-fine-calculator#

Speeding fine calculator above for points and fine based on your income and the speed limit and your speed.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Fri 22-Feb-19 20:40:33

You only get offered speed awareness for exceeding limit by up to a certain amount. Not for 60 in a 30 zone

Frangipane Fri 22-Feb-19 20:40:53

I'm not sure you will be offered a speed awareness course. I had to do one a few years back. I was clocked doing 34 in a 30mph zone. I am pretty sure the course was for people doing anything from 33 to 45 mph in a 30 zone (different speeds apply for different zones.) So if you were clocked going over 45, you would have to take points on your licence and a fine.

CoachBombay Fri 22-Feb-19 20:41:14

I really don't want to worry you too much but 60 in a 30 is double the speed limit, and will be a Band C fine plus either 6 points or disqualification for 7 – 56 days
Possible maximum fine of up to £1000. 😳

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:41:20

I don't care abiut the fine, I'll pay whatever although im not rich
I just don't want to lose my license sad sad

TrixieFranklin Fri 22-Feb-19 20:42:12

Based on your speed and a salary of £20k. It's band C - not good.

Sammysquiz Fri 22-Feb-19 20:42:22

You'll probably get a letter in the post giving you a fine and 3 points on your licence. You might by offered a driver awareness course. If it's your first offence, don't worry you won't lose your licence.

I’m afraid this is only true if it’s a minor speeding offence. >20mph over the limit is a serious speeding offence. It’s unusual to have a camera directly by a change of speed sign, are you sure you were still going at 60mph as you passed the camera?

CoachBombay Fri 22-Feb-19 20:43:22

Just noticed you may have slowed down to about 40ish in which case you won't get disqualification. Just points and a fine.

Drawward Fri 22-Feb-19 20:44:01

With the new structure for fines and points that came in recently 60 in a 30 would be a band C punishment. Maximum is disqualification of 7 to 56 days or 6 points. If you were under 51 in the 30 it would be a band B which is disqualification of 7 to 28 days or 4 to 6 points.

There would also be a fine applied which would follow:
Fine Band B
Starting point 100% of weekly income
Range 75 – 125% of weekly income
Fine Band C
Starting point 150% of weekly income 1
Range 125 – 175% of weekly income

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:44:04

The fine will be paid out of my savings. I'll take that as I deserve it.
I just really don't want to and can't afford to lose my job. I I never speed. This was such a stupid error, there was a van ahead who I saw slam his brakes on. It's the kind of bit that everyone just sails through at a higher speed and slows down gradually

BrizzleMint Fri 22-Feb-19 20:44:05

Band C

This sentencing range is reserved for the most serious speeding offences. The court will consider a driving ban of between 7 and 56 days or impose six penalty points. This could be coupled with a fine up to 150% of weekly income.

This covers speeds of over 41mph in a 20mph zone; 51mph in a 30mph zone; 66mph in a 40mph zone; 76mph in a 50mph; 91mph in a 60mph, and; 100mph in a 70mph zone.

from: vhsfletchers.co.uk/new-speeding-penalty-guidelines/

BrizzleMint Fri 22-Feb-19 20:44:50

@Drawward cross posted!

Bumblebeezy Fri 22-Feb-19 20:45:12

If you were doing as much as 60 in a 30 then you will likely have to go to court. Ban possible, points, fine.

If you were only doing 40 when you first clocked the van ahead of you though then it seems unlikely to me that you would have been going THAT fast?

I actually got caught in very similar circumstances and braked when I saw the van. I was recorded as doing 41 and just managed to scrape under the speed at which a speed awareness course is no longer offered, so I just did the course and avoided the points.

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 20:47:30

Thanks so much for all the help. And for not being judgemental.
If it's a short term ban I could work with that as a brief break in work they'd allow that unpaid due to how long I've worked there.
Feeling slightly better now.

@sammysquiz if I understand correctly, those cameras clock your speed for quite a distance. I only looked at my speedo as I spotted them at which point i was at 40mph but I had been going faster a few secs prior

BrizzleMint Fri 22-Feb-19 20:48:38

Thanks so much for all the help. And for not being judgemental.

The vipers must be out at the pub tonight, I've seen similar threads which were totally obnoxious.

ivykaty44 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:49:18

You don't get banned until you get 12 points.

Drivers don’t get banned with over 12 points, they can keep driving there are over 10000 drivers with more than 12 points on the roads

As for what’ll happen I’ve just asked a 👮‍♂️ and I’ll get back to you 🤔

Drawward Fri 22-Feb-19 20:50:11

If you do get a court summons head over to the Pepipoo forum.
They help people with what to put in mitigating comments and have lots of experience
forums.pepipoo.com/

Pippathenippa Fri 22-Feb-19 20:50:40

Have a look here OP
www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/avoiddrivingban.htm
The court can decide not to ban you after taking circumstances into consideration. (Such we work) No prior convictions will
Work in your favour. Try not to panic to much it’s already done now, just get on with the motions. - People have done a lot worse!

Janecon Fri 22-Feb-19 20:51:17

Sorry, but you should have slowed down when the sign came into view. It's there because it's a built up area and there could be pedestrians.

Don't get me wrong, I sometimes exceed the speed limit but not in a built up area. That's because a close family member was killed by someone going at a similar speed in a 30mph zone. Sadly it was before the days of cameras on mobile phones or I'd be uploading pictures of their injuries. It was horrific.

I don't mean to be harsh, but the best thing you can do is learn from it, take the points/fine and move on.

mrcharlie Fri 22-Feb-19 20:54:04

A traffic cop once told me the discretion rule was 10% + 4, so going at 37mph in a 30 zone was up to the officers discretion, above this was a offence.

60>30 is pretty drastic, and the camera van picking drivers off is rich pickings for the force.

Hoopaloop Fri 22-Feb-19 20:54:04

😂

ContinuityError Fri 22-Feb-19 20:55:16

It's the kind of bit that everyone just sails through at a higher speed and slows down gradually

Well they shouldn’t, should they? And especially as you know it’s there, that’s really not an excuse? It’s not at all unusual to go from national speed limit to a 30mph zone.

2birds1stone Fri 22-Feb-19 20:56:30

These change in speed limits do my head in
I understand the need for slower limits in built up areas etc however going from a speed and expecting someone to half it in seconds is just as dangerous.

There should be a gradual reduction at these points to give people who don't know the road time to slow down at a reasonable rate rather than slamming on brakes.

GetOffTheTableMabel Fri 22-Feb-19 20:57:02

If you need to avoid a ban then you should let the court know why/how it would adversely affect you. If you would lose your job, be demoted, be unable to undertake caring responsibilities etc, put that before the court as a reason for mitigation. A relative of mine got a fine of almost £1000 and 6pts after explaining to the court how a ban would have ramifications for his family. I think he was doing about 55mph in a 30 zone.

2birds1stone Fri 22-Feb-19 20:58:30

It's not unusual for the speed limits to change so drastically and so quickly.... doesn't make it right or safe.

Especially when it's dark or low light so harder to keep an eye on a small sign.

It is also dangerous to drive well below the speed limit as this can cause people to overtake out of frustration (which isn't right either)

Janecon Fri 22-Feb-19 21:00:09

By the way, I do hope you don't lose your licence. Mistakes happen.

Springwalk Fri 22-Feb-19 21:00:32

Def a court summons. Likely to be 6 points and fine, or short disqualification.
Why were you doing 60mph in a 30mph op. I would ponder that fact. Rather than how this will impact you personally.

MereDintofPandiculation Fri 22-Feb-19 21:00:38

A traffic cop once told me the discretion rule was 10% + 4, so going at 37mph in a 30 zone was up to the officers discretion, above this was a offence. Unfortunately vans don't allow that amount of discretion. 35 and above in a 30mph zone will net you 3 points or a speed awareness course.

bigsister951 Fri 22-Feb-19 21:02:29

You won’t get banned and you will probably find you were doing less than 6” as the will record the speed over a distance.

bigsister951 Fri 22-Feb-19 21:02:47

according Fri 22-Feb-19 21:03:02

A friend was recently done for 62mph in a 30 zone. 8 day ban and a huge fine. Plus a VERY expensive solicitor.

Springwalk Fri 22-Feb-19 21:04:03

big
I don’t feel you can offer that reassurance, you were not there.

waterSpider Fri 22-Feb-19 21:06:03

If your speedo said 60 then probably you were doing about 55 in reality as most speedos measure long. This is one reason that the regs allow for a 10% window.

clairemcnam Fri 22-Feb-19 21:06:17

The courts avoid bans if it would mean the loss of your job.

neddle Fri 22-Feb-19 21:06:17

With fines based on your earnings, how does it work for sahms or self employed people with no profit yet?
Do they assess it on benefits/ tax credits or spouse’s earnings?

FurrySlipperBoots Fri 22-Feb-19 21:06:31

Wait, there are roads that go straight from 60 to 30? I don't think I've ever met that before! Only when the '60' is the national speed limit and we're talking about rural roads where no-one can go very fast anyway, or where it's just off a roundabout so there's no way you could be doing 60. You'd think it'd be reduced to 40 first to give some warning.

GregoryPeckingDuck Fri 22-Feb-19 21:08:39

@motherofcreek is right, we should reduce the national speed limit to 30. You should be ashamed of yourself OP wink

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 21:08:46

I know Furry that's what's annoying. When I say country road, it's a busy straight A road that is in the country.
It used to go down to a 40 but since they've started flattening the ground for this new estate it's changed to a 30.

ContinuityError Fri 22-Feb-19 21:10:17

So even though it was a 40 before you’d still go through at 60?

You’re not helping yourself here.

GregoryPeckingDuck Fri 22-Feb-19 21:10:25

@furryslipperboots it’s the norm where we live (well made rural roads with villages dotted about). Most people drive between 55 and 65 then hit the 30 zone. It’s not particularly difficult so long as you keep an eye on your speed.

Janecon Fri 22-Feb-19 21:10:39

So it used to go to a 40 but it's now a 30? You knew that but were doing 60?

ScrimshawTheSecond Fri 22-Feb-19 21:10:41

If they've recently changed the speed limit you may be able to appeal it.

highheelsandbobblehats Fri 22-Feb-19 21:11:31

Husband was caught doing 80 in a 50. The 50 in question is a duel carriageway with a fixed central barrier. Sort of road that's usually a National Speed Limit.
He got a court summons. You don't need to attend, they'll just let you know what the outcome was. In his case it was an instant 9 points and a fine of about £250.

Janecon Fri 22-Feb-19 21:11:46

Sorry, not sure why the double post.

Nomorepies Fri 22-Feb-19 21:13:27

60 in a 30 is really not great OP.
You definitely won’t qualify for speed awareness. I think because it’s double the limit it’s almost always an automatic ban in court. You will get a decent fine too. You can try argue exceptional hardship but that is usually only ever successful for nurses, doctors etc who are doing a service to the public and need their cars.

Lifecraft Fri 22-Feb-19 21:14:15

You don't get banned until you get 12 points.

That's on the totting up system, but there are loads of offences that come with an immediate ban, like drink driving or doing over 100 mph. If you get a ban, you don't get any points.

60 in a 30 is too high for a fixed penalty, so it'll be a court summons. You won't get banned for that, but will get 4-6 points and a bigger than the usual £100 fine.

But speedos read over, and your actual speed at the time of being caught could be a few mph lower than you think. If so, you might get away with 3 points and £100 fixed penalty.

Springwalk Fri 22-Feb-19 21:14:37

claire the court will not take into account a job. Especially for a short disqualification.

whitehorsesdonotlie Fri 22-Feb-19 21:15:14

Dh got caught at 59 in a 30 - same situation as yours. He had to go to court. Got 6 points and a fine.

If he’d been over 60 it would have been an automatic ban, for doing double the limit.

whitehorsesdonotlie Fri 22-Feb-19 21:15:55

If he’d been going over 60, that should say, not aged over 60!

Justaboy Fri 22-Feb-19 21:15:56

This was such a stupid error, there was a van ahead who I saw slam his brakes on. It's the kind of bit that everyone just sails through at a higher speed and slows down gradually

This van then, how far was he in front of you it may well be that they got his speed and not yours, if, you were in line behind him then seems that he may have been clocked first.

Also where was he when the brakes were slammed on in front of the 30 sign or past it?. I'd expect they'd have to measure you once past the sign and they can do that from some distance away so can you describe with as much accuracy the secne of the crime then like a sketch here?.

ContinuityError Fri 22-Feb-19 21:16:56

A colleague got a fine for exceeding 30 mph when there were no signs but the spacing of the lamp posts indicated the limit. Something else to be aware of.

kateandme Fri 22-Feb-19 21:17:20

I know you must be panicking op.try not to.whats done is done and its a bad mistake.
wait to hear now and go from there.

Ali1cedowntherabbithole Fri 22-Feb-19 21:19:39

Was the 60 your speedometer? You might not have been going quite as fast as you thought, especially if you were already braking. It’s still not great, but perhaps not as bad as you thought?

WhatTheNightBrings Fri 22-Feb-19 21:22:38

You slow down as you see the sign, with the purpose of being at the correct speed when you reach it, not after you pass it.

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 21:23:28

I didn't look at my speedometer as I went through, but I had Definately just been doing 60 and I was still going fast as I went through.

Will try and draw a diagram @justaboy

Thank you everyone

ToffeePennie Fri 22-Feb-19 21:23:49

I got caught doing 42 in a 30. My only defence was that I had a child in the back bursting for a wee and the bridesmaid and brides mother from a wedding we had been to - in a part of the country totally unknown to me.
They didn’t fine me but I did end up paying £80 for a speeding course.

IncrediblySadToo Fri 22-Feb-19 21:24:57

💐🤞🏻 hopefully it didn’t even clock you.

We ALL make mistakes. Some of us are just big enough to admit them rather than post holier than thou shite.

My job involves a lot of driving, I’d be properly fucked if I lost my licence. The roads around here are a nightmare changing up and down far too frequently, with temp speed signs for good measure. I also drive into town on a 3-4 lane dual carriage way, that drops down to 40, abruptly. I seem to be the only one who drops my speed to 40, and boy do other drivers get pissed off. Sometimes I forget as we are all just cruising along at the same calm speed...I’m sure one of these days I’m going to end where you are tonight 😖

JUST HOPE you weren’t clocked 🌷

friskybivalves Fri 22-Feb-19 21:26:26

I was once caught speeding at 45-ish in a 30mph zone. Had the court summons and naively thought I would appear in person to show my genuine remorse and that I was taking it seriously. Later discovered the mags would have been more pissed off that I had wasted valuable court time shock which may explain why they gave me more points than the police had warned me and a bigger fine! So if you're planning to plead guilty, don't compound the problem by wasting the court's time on the day!

ContinuityError Fri 22-Feb-19 21:30:09

I’m liking the idea that thinking it’s wrong to drive through a speed limit sign on a known road at excess speed and then slow down is “holier than thou” hmm

SevenStones Fri 22-Feb-19 21:32:37

Try not to panic OP. As someone earlier said 60 in a 30 is a Band A fine plus either 6 points or a 7 - 56 day ban. Since it's your first offence I doubt that the court will give you a driving ban where you end up losing your job.

I got caught recently in an area where I never speed. I was overtaking a stationary vehicle and it set off and I either had to drop back, but there were other cars behind and I wasn't sure I could fit back in safely, or speed up. I made the wrong judgement. Hey ho! Really annoying.

No one's perfect, and things like this are a good wake up call and give us chance to rethink how we approach driving in the future.

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 21:36:34

I made this but actually really don't see this will help at all! I think I was too far behind the van to have been concealed behind him.

SevenStones Fri 22-Feb-19 21:37:47

dual carriage way, that drops down to 40, abruptly. I seem to be the only one who drops my speed to 40, and boy do other drivers get pissed off.

There's one of those near me. It's sensible because there's a bend in the road and then a big junction that you can't see before you get to the bend.

I drive at 40 and everyone else is whizzing past or getting right up my backside. I always feel like one of those idiot slow drivers on motorways who are a total menace to everyone.

ForalltheSaints Fri 22-Feb-19 21:38:17

I expect that you will get points and a fine. Be grateful no crash took place and that our motoring laws are lenient.

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 21:39:14

Ps. I am in my 30s i promise. Artwork on my phone is clearly not a strong point blush

Thanks for the nice responses.

I will definately be adhering to these properly now and in the mean time praying that nothing happens

myhamsteratefreddiestarr Fri 22-Feb-19 21:39:31

Someone I know is in court today for the same offence. It’s serious as it’s in a built up area. So I would expect a court summons if I was you.

Another friend doing 84 on a dual carriageway got 3 points and a course. But the built up area speeding is a worse offence.

Shouldhavenotdonethat Fri 22-Feb-19 21:40:47

@myhamster what happened to your friend today?

myhamsteratefreddiestarr Fri 22-Feb-19 21:41:41

Meant to say, they haven’t actually had to attend court as they are on holiday, but the case is today.

SevenStones Fri 22-Feb-19 21:42:21

They sent me a letter within a couple of days OP so you shouldn't be waiting long. It gave details of the offence and I had to fill in the back confirming it was me driving and giving them my driving licence number.

Then a couple of weeks later I got another letter telling me what the penalty itself was.

myhamsteratefreddiestarr Fri 22-Feb-19 21:42:45

Sorry, haven’t heard as they’re abroad , but they were hoping not to lose licence as it’s first offence.

Will let you know if I find out.

SevenStones Fri 22-Feb-19 21:43:55

I meant Band C fine further up! ^

according Fri 22-Feb-19 21:44:31

'If they've recently changed the speed limit you may be able to appeal it.'

^ This is complete bullshit.

whereisthepostman Fri 22-Feb-19 21:47:43

Shit one OP. I think those van cameras take a sample of drivers so they don't flash everyone who passes, although I've been caught before by one. They didn't take my license away because it was a built up area hmm remember the speedo on your car usually tells you you're doing faster than you actually are too.

APlaceInTheWinter Fri 22-Feb-19 21:48:02

Dh went to court once for speeding. There were lots of people there putting forward their own case and pleading extenuating circumstances so I'm not sure why a previous PP suggested not attending. Quite a few mentioned they were first offences and/or that it would impact their employment, plus details about the road conditions/signage,etc. But there are lots of lawyers experienced at dealing with speeding issues and they're not that expensive so if you receive a summons, it might be worth having a chat with one of them.

Yabbers Fri 22-Feb-19 21:51:24

I don't mean to be harsh

You were harsh by mistake?

Don’t think so. You did mean to be harsh. And when the OP has repeatedly said she knows it was wrong, there is no need to be.

Lesson learned OP. They will take into account your previously clean licence, I hope the penalty isn’t too harsh.

MintCassis Fri 22-Feb-19 21:53:45

My friend's DH got caught doing similar and he got a dangerous driving charge (Scotland). If you were slowing down there's a chance they'll have recorded a slower speed than 60.

Janecon Fri 22-Feb-19 21:54:23

@Yabbers You would feel very differently if you were in my position. I've been clear that I don't wish the OP to lose her licence.

Dothehappydance Fri 22-Feb-19 21:58:21

Wait, there are roads that go straight from 60 to 30?

On my way to/from work there is indeed a stretch that goes straight from 60 to 30 and at school times drops to 20. It is only a very short stretch. It isn't too bad the one way as you are slowing towards a roundabout, but it is still a significant drop. The other way is worse because [other than the small sign] there is nothing to indicate you need to slow down - it is only recently that they have put down road markings which makes it a lot better.

People still drive right up you though if you are doing the 20 or 30.

dragonsfire Fri 22-Feb-19 22:01:14

If they saw you and you were doing 40 mph you might get offered to do a driving speed awareness course £90 days training and no points or actions taken that would affect your license.

Justaboy Fri 22-Feb-19 22:01:46

Well as that diagram dosn't impart mucho info can you say as best you remeber how far were you behing the van and how far away was the speed camera van and where they in line or not?.

IIRC the equipment they use works on a doppler laser basis they just need to get the laser dot on the targert vehicle then its takes less than a second to clock the speed thay usally take a photo so as to get your reg number and a pic ofwho is driving.

However if the van was in front of you they'd be clocking him first and then you'd be next but they'd have to make sure the laser was aimed at your vehcile and they had a clear view of the number plate and preferably you as well.

So possibele that you may not have been clocked or may have been depending on how quickly you hit the breakes less than you thought plus most all speedos overread a bit around 5% IIRC so may not be quite as bad as expected.

Fingers crossed and do let everyone know what was the outcome in due course;!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »