Talk

Advanced search

Arsenal tickets

(11 Posts)
Greysmanicfan41 Fri 22-Feb-19 17:32:37

Why is it you have to be a member just to buy a ticket as a birthday gift?

AIBU that say 7/10 days that open tickets to non members?

bigsister951 Fri 22-Feb-19 17:47:42

I assume it is so that fans of the away side cannot buy tickets in the home stand

caughtinanet Fri 22-Feb-19 17:53:16

A member of what? Something you have to pay to join?

Leeds2 Fri 22-Feb-19 17:59:55

I don't know about Arsenal, but at some clubs you pay a (usually) small sum, say £15, to be a member which gives you the ability to buy tickets for a limited period before non members. Useful if tickets usually sell out.
One way round it is to buy corporate hospitality seats, but these may be prohibitively expensive. And I suspect that might be the case at Arsenal.

Greysmanicfan41 Fri 22-Feb-19 18:07:18

So buy red membership to get tickets so it doesn’t sell out before non members get chance!

Drawward Fri 22-Feb-19 18:08:16

Its because demand for most tickets outstrips the supply.
Normally tickets are released for sale in this order:
Season ticket holders
Members
General sale

Most big clubs they rarely make it to general sale.
The members will also earn points on the tickets they buy and its not unusual for the sale to members to have several sub categories of releases based on how many points you have.
The system is designed so that people who go the most often have the first pick of tickets.

The other options are to look at corporate seats which can be expensive or packages sold by tour operators designed for tourists.

Florencenotflo Fri 22-Feb-19 18:10:10

I don't know, DH is a season ticket holder and gets tickets for friends when he can.

If it's for a present try Thomas Cook. They do packages for most of the big clubs.

Florencenotflo Fri 22-Feb-19 18:10:49

My point of mentioning the season ticket was to see if you knew anyone with a season ticket you could ask.

mumsiedarlingrevolta Fri 22-Feb-19 18:14:13

DH a season ticket holder.

There is a place on twitter twitter.com/arsenal_tickets where ppl sell their season tickets for less popular games. You can almost always get them there.

Good Luck!!

DistressedAndWorried7845 Fri 22-Feb-19 18:17:20

This is why I love being a fan of a division one team, membership was free grinblush

Drawward Fri 22-Feb-19 18:18:03

Also the only membership on their site that I can find for £15 is the Junior one which I believe doesn't give you access to priority ticket booking.

Which game are you trying to buy for? if its the Newcastle or Palace games you stand a good chance of them getting to general sale.
If its the Man U game or Brighton game (last home game of season) probably no chance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »