Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to write a furious email!!

(53 Posts)
hazeydays14 Fri 22-Feb-19 15:52:10

They’ve taken chocolate and crisps out of the vending machine in work and replaced it with seeds, nuts and 20 sections of the SAME flavour alpen bar (not even chocolate)! To make matters worse they are £1 each! You get a multipack in Tesco for that!

Lighthearted, mostly. We are all adults and if we want a kitkat with our coffee surely we are old enough to decide! Apparently ‘management’ decided. No warnings, I am outraged angrygrin

Travis1 Fri 22-Feb-19 15:53:43

You could make a fortune OP! Get yourself to Tesco, stock up and start selling chocolate bars and crisps from your desk drawers!

Sexnotgender Fri 22-Feb-19 15:54:48

Monsters!

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Fri 22-Feb-19 15:54:58

@ hazey = calm down grin an opportunity has opened up - get a multipack of kitkat and sell the contents for a quid a piece .... easy money dealing sugar from your desk wink

WhoGivesADamnForAFlakeyBandit Fri 22-Feb-19 15:55:43

Phone childline HR shock

PinkiOcelot Fri 22-Feb-19 15:56:47

That’s crap. I wouldn’t be happy either.

TheDarkPassenger Fri 22-Feb-19 15:57:08

Same thing happened to us at work when I worked in a busy resort. Changed out all the sugary drinks and snacks then one of the girls fainted and no one could find a sugary drink to give her. She ended up having sugar mixed with water!

Sometimes after a 12 hour shift with a half hour break you just need a fucking can of sugar!! (I don’t even usually drink anything but water but when you know you can’t have it makes you want it 😂)

Groovee Fri 22-Feb-19 16:04:38

Set up your own wee tuck shop

hidinginthenightgarden Fri 22-Feb-19 16:07:09

Alpen bars aren't even healthy!
I would openly bring in shit loads of chocolate on principal.

That said, I do wish there were some healthy options at our work. The only choice we get is whether we want a normal or family size bag of carbs.

MadameDD Fri 22-Feb-19 16:16:42

we had vending machines in my last contract that had chocolate, healthy snacks etc.

The overpriced Benugos downstairs had overpriced healthier options and the Boots, Sainsburys, M&S and Co-op 5 minutes walk away had even healthier options!

What was also funny was in one office years before when Atkins diet was trendy - it was a warehouse office and people started bringing in nuts etc and leaving them on the desks overnight - of course this attracted rodents and we ended up getting Rentokill out and stern warning was issued not to leave food out overnight! grin

howabout Fri 22-Feb-19 16:18:59

YANBU

Outraged on your behalf angry

SchadenfreudePersonified Fri 22-Feb-19 16:21:25

You are (presumably) grown-ups.

You can eat what the hell you like - management has no right to police your snack options - they are not your Muvver!

Demand a snack machine with chocolate and healthy options. Alternatively, have a kitty and each week buy a trolley load of tooth-rotting crap and everybody gets a bar of their choice each day. they don't need to eat it if they don't fancy one that day - they can take it home, but everyone who contributes gets an equal share of the loot.

Littleraindrop15 Fri 22-Feb-19 16:26:32

Set up a tuck shop a little sugar dealing will help your income grin

TheOrigFV45 Fri 22-Feb-19 16:30:24

Eugh...I hate that. I can make an informed decision as to whether I'd like a KitKat or not. It's like McD fries w/o salt. I know McDs is not a good meal choice for every day, but if I want a McD meal I want the salt and fat and what have you.

Often those nuts and seed things are really calorific and full of sugar anyway. And Alpen bars?? What do people think they are stuck together with?

Stage a coup OP!

Vending machine for choc and crisps etc, and just bring fruit in.

PowerhouseOfTheCell Fri 22-Feb-19 16:32:23

The market is yours to take OP, start a black market in Yazoo and mars bars. Become a choccy king pin.

DamonSalvatoresDinner Fri 22-Feb-19 16:35:42

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/3981766/wheeler-dealer-schoolboy-15-creates-50k-a-year-sweet-empire-and-plans-to-expand-business-outside-school-grounds/amp/

You could make a killing!

Rafflesway Fri 22-Feb-19 16:37:49

Hope no-one in your place of work has a nut allergy hazeydays. hmm

The world is going mad with all this food p.c. Crap!

flumpybear Fri 22-Feb-19 16:41:27

I'm with the tuck shop idea - make money out of their misery making ideas grin

WorraLiberty Fri 22-Feb-19 16:42:17

That's outrageous! shock

Are you in a Union, OP?

Willy Wonka would be turning in his candy coated coffin.

timeforteaplease1 Fri 22-Feb-19 16:43:36

@Travis1

We have a tuck shop in my work. 40p for everything including cans of juice and sweets.

This was in response to them charging £1.20 for a can of juice 🤷🏻‍♀️

PMmehunx Fri 22-Feb-19 16:46:09

Best log it with 101. Don't let them get away with this. They'll be after the sugar next, then the coffee.

labazsisgoingmad Fri 22-Feb-19 17:00:40

A kitkat is better than a sugary alpen bar god alone knows why people think they are healthy all those healthy bars need avoiding like the plague! i think yes include a few dubious good for you things but also include chocolate etc you are adult and can make up your own mind

ArgyMargy Fri 22-Feb-19 17:04:55

The evidence in front of our eyes suggests that most people DON'T make good choices when it comes to food. YABU.

howabout Fri 22-Feb-19 17:24:03

Argy anyone making a "healthy" choice and hungry would not be approaching the snack machine at all but going out for a break and a balanced meal.

Allyg1185 Fri 22-Feb-19 17:41:02

Adults should be given the CHOICE. Bash on and put Alpen bars, nuts etc in along with the Kit Kats and crisps. Then there is a variety for grown adults to make a choice from!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »