Talk

Advanced search

To ask your favourite things about your DP?

(62 Posts)
OutingOutlander Fri 22-Feb-19 12:07:18

NC but frequent poster/commenter around here.

Whilst MN is a great place to vent about DP's/DH's being not so great, what are your favourite things your OH says/does that make you happy and feel lucky to have them?

Mine are:
- Watching how gentle and caring he is with our pets.
- Seeing how he interacts with our son, how he plays with and talks to him with so much love.
- That he cooks and will help clean without complaining.
- That we can talk and talk without stopping, it feels wonderful to share everything.

So what are some of yours? Hoping to make this a really positive thread smile

Wuddlingheights Fri 22-Feb-19 12:10:16

What a lovely topic smile

Mine is the most fantastic daddy.

He also makes me laugh every day.

OutingOutlander Fri 22-Feb-19 12:17:26

@Wuddlingheights

It's so wonderful your OH makes you laugh every day! It sounds like you have a very cheerful relationship smile

Men being great Dad's just makes my heart melt a bit at how lucky their child must be.

And thank you, really wanted some positivity today!!

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Fri 22-Feb-19 12:21:25

Humour, emotional support, family man, we always come first. Oh and he irons.

merrybloomizoothief Fri 22-Feb-19 12:23:07

gives the best hugs ever
very very kind and thoughtful
twinkly blue eyes
amazing forearms
good dad
very clever

OutingOutlander Fri 22-Feb-19 12:25:00

@PlainSpeakingStraightTalking

He sounds wonderful!! It's fantastic that he irons, but does he iron well? We don't iron (just not enough time in the day!) so not sure about DP's skills!

PrincessDaff Fri 22-Feb-19 12:29:37

Mine is the best dad to our son I love watching them play, the amount of love between them just makes my heart want to burst! He has slight ocd so is the main cleaner and he never complains about how messy I am! He is also the funniest person I know and my best friend. We are getting married in October.

Lovely thread smile

InsomniaTho Fri 22-Feb-19 12:29:53

- The way he folds everyone’s clothes. I love sitting and watching him blush I am absolutely useless at it and he does it perfectly.

- He’s hilarious.

- The way him and exDP get on so well. Makes life a lot easier in many respects. Also how good he is with my DDs.

- He's got the prettiest eyes

- We are total opposites but complement each other so well. I have Inattentive ADD so I’m basically a whirlwind who’s more interested in my Uni work than cleaning but he’s very particular and pays a lot of attention to detail and actually loves doing so. I do all the food shopping and cooking, he does the bulk of the cleaning and tidying.

ErickBroch Fri 22-Feb-19 12:30:51

- Cares about me more than I would have ever thought possible
- Always supportive and positive
- Makes me laugh every day

No one is perfect but I really do feel beyond lucky every day of my life!

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Fri 22-Feb-19 12:32:07

@OutingOutlander - irons better than me - he likes ironing shock Plug him in to music and he boogies away on a Sunday morning

PalmTree101 Fri 22-Feb-19 12:32:32

He smells right

NorthEndGal Fri 22-Feb-19 12:34:29

He actively listens, and remembers, even if he doesn't say a lot at the time.
He will come back from a trip with really thoughtful gifts, that took time and effort to get.
He knows I love old cookbooks, so he will bring me regional ones (I love ones put out by WI, or local groups as they are the best of the best recipes).

I like that he notices if I am having a good day, and he makes the effort to keep it going that way.

He asks how I've slept, if it's been a bad night, he will do the morning stuff and let me rest more.

I love that he still finds me sexy, and makes me feel sexy, when I am so not the girl he married any more. Body wise

I love that he will spend hours just chatting with the kids, especially now that they are grown. He is still their father, but they feel like he is a friend as well.

I love how good he is to his family, and mine. He helps out, makes sure to maintain connections even though we have moved so far away

EnglishRose13 Fri 22-Feb-19 12:35:57

He's a very good "looker-after".

There are loads of things but that's my favourite. I know if I ever need a "night off", I can sit of the sofa not moving while he takes care of everything.

wooolo Fri 22-Feb-19 12:36:00

That despite having CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome, renders people in severe, incurable constant pain) being sleep deprived, rattling from daily meds, unable to work etc, he tries his best every single day to be a husband and father and do small bits around the house on the days he's able to.

I have the utmost admiration for him and if I thought that chopping his affected limb off would cure the condition, I'd happily wield the axe. (He has requested this in dark times it's not my idea!!)

Raspberry88 Fri 22-Feb-19 12:41:41

He is a wonderful dad and is just so so lovely with DS, they have lots of fun together! He can't wait to come home to us every day. He can't understand doing anything that isn't family oriented on his days off. (He's having a rare night out tonight as it's his leaving do and he feels bad because I don't get much of a chance to go out at the moment, even though I'm more than happy for him to go!)
He's strong and very brave and, best of all maybe, he's the most amazing cook!!

Sweetbabycheezits Fri 22-Feb-19 12:42:12

Mine also irons, but only because I don't!grin
He is the funniest person I know. He calls me out when I'm being a drama queen. He is kind to other people, and tries to help when he can. He's the best daddy to our DC. He makes and delivers my morning coffee every single day. We are playful and silly and affectionate. We've been together for nearly 16 years, and I still feel like we're dating...I adore him!

Designerenvy Fri 22-Feb-19 12:46:17

He's the most wonderful Dad ... I love his way with the kids.
He's a great son, he's so good to his parents.
He's a great husband, loving, caring, affectionate, very funny and supportive.
He has gorgeous eyes.
He's very fit .
Love the bones of him!

Stompythedinosaur Fri 22-Feb-19 12:46:52

He is the kindest person I know. Also an amazing shag.

ffiffi8 Fri 22-Feb-19 12:48:43

Mine are -

He makes me feel safe and secure.

He's so kind and caring towards me.

How thoughtful he is.

He helps around the house & cooks for me without asking. 💓

How excited he gets about becoming a Dad soon.

❤️

Huntawaymama Fri 22-Feb-19 12:49:12

My husband is hilarious

While most of the time I look after myself (and him) if I need him he's there. I remember my car breaking down when I was young and waiting ages for my dad to finish what he was doing and come. Husband will drop everything and race to help me in that situation

Being a parent hasn't come that naturally to him but he tries his very best, every day which I'm so grateful for

Rockmysocks Fri 22-Feb-19 14:18:44

Clever, caring, nurturing and gentle with kids and animals, always happy and makes me laugh loads, never gets down - says 'shit happens' we'll deal with it. Loves me!

Shodan Fri 22-Feb-19 14:40:18

He does thoughtful things for me, like collecting chestnuts while he's walking the dog, or checking the tyres on my car as he leaves for work. Tiny things maybe but neither of my XHs ever did anything so thoughtful.

He has the same silly sense of humour as me.

He's great at DIY.

Plus he's seriously, seriously hot grin grin

CaseofEllen Fri 22-Feb-19 14:49:14

The most encouraging, honest, down to earth and funny man I have ever met. Absolutely adore him, he is my rock 🥰

MitziK Fri 22-Feb-19 14:57:12

The way his skin crinkles around his eyes when he smiles at me.

The daft squeaking noise he makes as I start massaging his feet (he reciprocates, but I don't make silly noises).

The way he talks to TwatCat when he thinks nobody is listening (he always claimed he didn't do such things, but I overheard him having a full conversation about remembering to keep out from under his feet when he's cooking and, if he stayed up on the side, he'd be able to watch the blackbird in the garden again and he'd get a couple of treats when DP was done. The daftest bit was that TwatCat was making various noises back and immediately leapt up onto the side, so it was obvious that these conversations are a regular occurrence on both sides).

That it doesn't matter how tired, grumpy, overwhelmed or feeling like shit I might be, he'll try to establish whether I need food, sleep, a hug, all the lights and TV switched off or to be left alone and then make it happen.

That, despite being very gentle, quite anxious and unsure about many things, whether I hurt, need calming, reassurance, help with washing my hair or simply moving out of the way, his touch is confident and exactly what I need at the time.

He's funny, smart, sweet and kind.

This is seriously outing.

saturdaynightgin Fri 22-Feb-19 15:13:44

-He’s an amazing dad
-He does his fair share around the house
-He works hard to provide for us
-He gives the best hugs
-He has a quirky sense of humour
-He brings out the best in me and has been there for me in some of the lowest points of my life

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »