Talk

Advanced search

Stomach growling- Aibu to feed it at this late hour? (Lighthearted)

(7 Posts)
SparklySneakers Thu 21-Feb-19 23:35:14

I was off to bed but distracted by MN grin
I've been trying hard not to eat after dinner since the new year and have done great, not normally hungry now in the evenings, have stopped eating in bed blush and stopped eating as much junk in general. Think I've lost weight but haven't actually weighed myself as that way my old ED lies (am a healthy weight but still have food issues even if I don't act on them).

I ate a pasta dinner with ice cream and brownie bites pudding at 5. My stomach is rumbling away very noisily and I'm contemplating some supper. I'd have to make something as no quick to grab snacks available and they are all hidden away in the brexit box.

Is it unreasonable to eat before going to sleep? Am I just being greedy? Supper was a thing in our house when I was little.

Toast maybe, or a hot cross bun, or a wotsit butty.

Would I be an oink for having a bedtime snack??

Pretty sure IABU for even thinking about it to this extent!

Maybe I need help. Hello my name is SparklySneakers and I find whether or not to eat when hungry to be a complex decision if it's not a normal time to eat confused

Please tell me I'm not alone in my craziness!

Gardai Thu 21-Feb-19 23:36:57

I’m lying here debating whether to get a bowl of crunch nut cornflakes

SneakyGremlins Thu 21-Feb-19 23:37:46

I have a "fasting" blood test at 9AM.

Telling myself if I eat before midnight it'll be fine.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 21-Feb-19 23:40:31

I'm having some supernoodles mung beans grin

gt84 Thu 21-Feb-19 23:41:42

I’ve just taken a packet of crisps out the cupboard.... I should be going to bed though.
Do you always eat dinner at 5? I’d be starving by 9 if I did that

MADASANOWL Thu 21-Feb-19 23:47:24

I sent my husband downstairs at half 1 the other morning to cook me a pizza!
But I’m 40 weeks pregnant so can get away with murder and I’m always hungry at the moment....

SparklySneakers Thu 21-Feb-19 23:50:03

Glad I'm not the only one smile I've got hot cross buns. There were 2 left that needed using up.
Yes, we usually eat between 5 and 6 as we are all ravenous by then. Breakfast at 7, lunch at 12, dinner at 5 and usually in bed by 9! I'm usually asleep by now but have taken to enjoying some tv after the children have gone to bed instead of collapsing into bed myself around 8 then spending hours on my phone reading MN, the news, and random shite.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: