Talk

Advanced search

AIBU for being irritated by this

(9 Posts)
Cremeeggsareforever Thu 21-Feb-19 22:07:06

Long story short - I go taken out by somebody's labrador whilst on my dog walk today and it dislocated my knee. DH was helping me try to stand/walk (before I realised it was dislocated) and during this time 2 other people appeared dressed in non-dog walk friendly attire, with no dog, in a dog walking place.
I also forgot to mention I am 6 months pregnant so obviously was worried about baby.

These people came to see what was going on and as they were stood next to us/I was doubled over in pain, ddog jumped at the woman playfully (not knowing wtf was happening so being a bit more giddy than normal) and got a tiny tiny dusting of dirt on her jeans. She proceeded to huff and shout about it.

I apologised and said it was out ot character for ddog but given the circumstances hoped she would understand.

AIBU? I know in an ideal world he wouldn't have done it but he never normally does. I'm slightly shocked that somebody could see a woman 6 months pregnant, injured ans unable to walk, and be so concerned about their jeans.

I don't know why it has bothered me so much. The good news is I am now back home with my knee cap in the right place.

Maelstrop Thu 21-Feb-19 22:12:10

Holy crap, are you ok? Ignore stupid woman, she’s not important in any way. She should have been helping you. I hope she didn’t have a go at you.

GruciusMalfoy Thu 21-Feb-19 22:12:15

God, what a thoughtless woman! I hope you're not too sore, that sounds awful. Don't give that woman a second thought.

CoperCabana Thu 21-Feb-19 22:15:54

I don’t know. You don’t know what was going on with her. She might have been pregnant too. You both got jumped at or tripped over by a dog. Neither person wins.

mrsfredweasley Thu 21-Feb-19 22:19:02

Gahhh I really feel for you. I've dislocated my knee 16 times, and one of the last times was when I was 7 months pregnant (fast asleep at 4am and POP out it went). I actually winced when I read your post!!

Forget about jean-lady, rest up and look after yourself. I hope you're not too sore.

Wolfiefan Thu 21-Feb-19 22:24:02

Ouch. I hope you feel better soon.
I can see both sides. Your dog may have been upset over seeing you knocked over etc. But people have the right to go for a walk in public without being leapt up at by a dog. It is irrelevant that it’s a “dog walking place”.

Cremeeggsareforever Thu 21-Feb-19 22:26:05

You both got jumped at or tripped over by a dog.

Is it the same when a dog makes your shin area slightly dirty though, and another (much bigger) one knocks you down and dislocates your knee?

Thank you everyone. It has made me feel slightly better posting about it to be honest! Personally if I saw somebody injured and unable to walk I wouldn't care about my clothes. Her OH offered to try and help us to the car but they would have been with us for over an hour as it was so far away and I could barely move.

Knee is now back where it should be with a special brace to stop it slipping out again. Baby is kicking away so obviously she is also ok. Just a very painful and stressful evening!

slashlover Thu 21-Feb-19 22:35:37

Personally if I saw somebody injured and unable to walk I wouldn't care about my clothes

The thing is you don't know the woman's circumstances. Maybe she was going out afterwards and didn't want to have dirty jeans, maybe she only has two pairs so getting one pair dirty meant she had nothing to wear to work tomorrow. You have no idea.

Glad you're feeling better.

Wolfiefan Thu 21-Feb-19 23:39:09

Dogs mustn’t jump up at people.
The size of the dog is irrelevant. My daughter would be terrified if a dog jumped up at her.
I’m sorry you were hurt but your dog mustn’t jump up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: