Talk

Advanced search

To think I look like a bit of a sad case?

(7 Posts)
Silara Thu 21-Feb-19 21:51:05

I’ve been on a big project at work, involving quite late nights and demanding bosses (think City type job although I am still junior, in my first few years at work). I went on leave yesterday but had a half day, the day before a big piece of work was set to go out. When I get home I checked my emails and saw a draft version of the deliverable sent round to the team. I had a thorough check of my part and noticed a couple of things were slightly out so amended and sent to the team this morning - said I was available for a call if they needed to discuss, reiterated where all my documents were in my absence and said if they needed my help while I was away I could pitch in. I’m the only one on a particular task and didn’t want to vastly increase their workloads. They were appreciative but told me to switch off and enjoy my time away - now feel like I can rest easy but paranoid I look (a) incompetent for making the errors in the first place (which weren’t big to be fair and at least they weren’t spotted by or sent to the client!) (b) like a loser for working on hol. Gah

Silara Thu 21-Feb-19 22:02:19

Probs overthinking!

lunabody Thu 21-Feb-19 22:04:25

You are neither a nor b, you just care, and are overthinking the whole thing. Your colleagues will know that everyone makes mistakes, they'll appreciate your handover, genuinely want you to enjoy your break, and will have thought nothing more about it. Do the same smile

IjustbelieveinMe Thu 21-Feb-19 22:04:31

You sound just like me! Be kind to yourself. It shows how dedicated and how good at your job you are.

BertyFlanter Thu 21-Feb-19 22:04:36

I find when you've been under pressure at work it takes time to wind down too don't beat yourself up! I'd say overthinking too thankswine relax!

MitziK Thu 21-Feb-19 22:42:38

Sounds like they appreciated it - but are looking after you, rather than wanting to get as much as they can before you burn out.

Enjoy your holiday meant exactly that - you've done your part, you've checked your work and now they want you to rest after a big project because you'll probably be in the middle of another one soon enough.

Now, GO AND ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!!!!

Silara Fri 22-Feb-19 09:44:54

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »