Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or is this a sign?

(12 Posts)
amrscot Fri 22-Feb-19 09:05:51

@Aquamarine1029 jeez it's not that serious, it was lighthearted.

Relax.

kw1091 Fri 22-Feb-19 08:38:43

Don’t express until 36/37 weeks, check with your midwife. We use expression to kick start labour often so best not to do this before you’re term. Once you get to term however express and freeze it ☺️

Username90 Fri 22-Feb-19 05:19:05

@amrscot I think I remember my midwife saying that you have to be careful expressing too early because it can apparently get things moving and bring on labour. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Aquamarine1029 Fri 22-Feb-19 04:39:31

He wasn't happy? Because your breasts leaked due to carrying HIS baby? confused

WTAF.

JasperKarat Fri 22-Feb-19 03:30:52

@amrscot not sure check with MW

amrscot Thu 21-Feb-19 22:18:19

@JasperKarat am I right in thinking you can only express from 36 weeks onwards?

JasperKarat Thu 21-Feb-19 20:27:58

Get some syringes from your midwife express and freeze it, is like liquid gold and it could be be very useful, my DS had a tongue tie and couldn't BF until it was snipped at ten days, it also helped when he was in phototherapy for jaundice. I was encouraged to express colostrum because I had gestational diabetes and it's also the best way of regulating baby blood sugars as they can sometimes drop after birth (DSs didn't but it was nice to have it there). You just freeze it in the syringes and label it, pop it in a cool bag with an ice pack and take it when you go into hospital and the midwife will store it and defrost it for you.

Huntawaymama Thu 21-Feb-19 20:06:36

There's no correlation between that and milk supply, get some pads. Good luck

IWantChocolates Thu 21-Feb-19 19:43:48

I'm the same although at least it only started once baby was born! Any top I wear gets soaked regardless of pads, I just can't change them quick enough! I sleep in a loose nursing bra with pads in and have extra on hand to change in the middle of the night.

amrscot Thu 21-Feb-19 19:31:05

@IWantChocolates yeah I've got some.

Wore one of DPs T-shirt's to bed last night, woke up and it was soaked 🙈

He wasn't happy to say the least lol

IWantChocolates Thu 21-Feb-19 19:10:29

Sounds like you're leaking colostrum. It happens in pregnancy to some women. It's not necessarily an indicator of milk supply (I didn't leak at all when pregnant and now leak heavily, 8 weeks pp) but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Are you using breast pads?

amrscot Thu 21-Feb-19 18:58:56

My breasts have been leaking very heavily for the past 2 days. I'm 28+5 weeks pregnant.

I've had on and off leaking since about 22 weeks but it's been clear and happened occasionally.

The liquid is now looking milky and constantly leaking and my breasts seem to have doubled in size very quickly.

Is this a sign of good milk supply or is there no correlation in other people's experience? I'm a FTM.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »