Talk

Advanced search

To miss my own space?

(17 Posts)
applesorange Thu 21-Feb-19 17:27:44

I keep wanting to write a diary at the minute and reminiscing back to being a child (only child as well) and knowing everything in my room is just mine and there's no chance of anyone else getting their hands on stuff. I could have anything, hide anything and it wouldn't be found!!!

AIBU to miss that type of space and privacy when you're living with a DP? or am I being silly?

Birdsgottafly Thu 21-Feb-19 17:32:33

Not at all.

I often joked how good a marriage I had because my DH worked away.

I could never live with anyone ever again amd just not having my own space, is one reason.

It's the reason a lot of older people choose to live alone.

Lauraelizabeth26 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:33:53

P

EnglishRose13 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:52:34

I'm the youngest of three (and only female!) and I moved straight from my family home in with my now husband. I've never lived on my own! I'm so jealous of people that do.

I have been known to make myself on The Sims and have her live in a one-bed flat...

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Thu 21-Feb-19 18:13:13

YANBU. I work in the same office as DH so even my desk isn't fully mine, as he'll come and rearrange it or buy me gadgets that I neither need nor want to put on it. Due to our current childcare arrangemements, we share a car and a bike. The only space that belongs to just me is my handbag, and to be honest, he'll happily rummage in that if he needs to.

I sometimes fantasise about having my very own little room at the top of a tower, that no-one else even knows exists.

Tobruornottobru Thu 21-Feb-19 18:23:52

I'm so glad you've put this. Sometimes I dream about re ting my own studio flat and escaping there when dh annoys me!

BikeRunSki Thu 21-Feb-19 18:36:33

Oh yes. I crave my own space. The DCs have their own rooms, DH has his garage/bike shed. I have nowhere. My stuff is essentially a free for all, and everything I start, I have to pack up a bit later.

marvellousnightforamooncup Thu 21-Feb-19 18:40:38

I'm happy enough living a family life but if anything happened to DH I'd never live with anyone again. I'd love my own place.

QuestionableMouse Thu 21-Feb-19 18:50:43

God no. I need my own space or I start feeling stabby.

I even hate people getting in my car at times, especially my mother because all she does is nit pick!

ribblerobble Thu 21-Feb-19 18:53:06

We moved into a bigger house so I could have my 'own' room 😊

IWantChocolates Thu 21-Feb-19 18:59:41

YANBU. We are moving shortly to our own house and DH will have a workshop in the garden so I get the spare room - currently I have nowhere for my sewing/knitting stuff and he gets the spare bedroom as his workshop. I have to pack things up when I've finished using them currently. I can't wait to have somewhere I can shut the door and have some me-time!

user1493413286 Thu 21-Feb-19 19:05:40

I know what you mean; DH has a study that I rarely go into and sometimes I feel jealous. However I do consider my top drawer my personal space and I get quite annoyed if DH goes looking in there

missbattenburg Thu 21-Feb-19 19:31:53

I loved living alone (did so for about 10 years) and miss it a lot now that I don't. At this stage I could only imagine a relationship working if I had my own bedroom. And office. And lounge. And kitchen. And car. And garden grin

Ithinkmycatisevil Thu 21-Feb-19 19:33:46

I'm one of five so have no idea what it's like to have space. I dream sometimes though.

eurochick Thu 21-Feb-19 19:59:12

I love my husband dearly but long to live alone again. I loved having my own little flat where everything was MINE and things stayed where I put them.

LollyHolly24 Thu 21-Feb-19 20:12:38

YANBU we have recently moved into our own place and i desperately miss my own room and my own space!

GregoryPeckingDuck Thu 21-Feb-19 20:13:44

Me too. My dream is to eventually buy a house big enough for dh and I to have put iwn large studies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »