Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to dislike Eamon Holmes

(77 Posts)
robinsinthespring Thu 21-Feb-19 11:16:18

For the way he speaks to Ruth. He's always putting her down and making disparaging remarks about the way she dresses or the things she says.
She doesn't retaliate as she's being professional, but I would like to think she calls him out on it off air.

Chloemol Thu 21-Feb-19 13:38:03

YANBU. Horrible man

TowandaForever Thu 21-Feb-19 13:58:38

I see what you do op.

Amibeingnaive Thu 21-Feb-19 14:07:46

You'd be most unreasonable if you DID like him.

Unbearable twat.

Blobby10 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:29:29

There are few people in this world that I dislike but, even though I have never met him EH makes me shudder! No idea why - Anthony Cotton is another. Barbara Windsor is another. I'm sure they are all perfectly lovely but I just don't like them!

SileneOliveira Thu 21-Feb-19 14:30:46

He's awful. Poor Ruth. She seems really nice and down to earth. Why on earth has she lumbered herself with someone like him??

longwayoff Thu 21-Feb-19 14:32:20

He is an utterly horrible man. Left his wife and kids for Ruth I believe, so be careful what you wish for.

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-19 14:44:59

I can't take him seriously. He asks terrible questions and says stupid things. Cringey to watch.

Easterbuns1 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:52:45

Sometimes you can tell that Ruth is proper peeved at him being an arsehole but she seems to speak fondly of him when asked about him. Personally I can't stand the man I hate the way he speaks to / about his wife and I he's also crap with guests when he's interviewing. Fuck knows why he's on the telly!

Snowflakes1122 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:55:51

I don’t understand how he gets any work on tv? confused

Yanbu. Didn he cheat on his first wife and leave her with two kids to get with Ruth too?

Aeroflotgirl Thu 21-Feb-19 14:58:18

He is so smarmy, Yanbu at all.

ShirleyPhallus Thu 21-Feb-19 14:59:37

He’s someone know for being a rude arse isn’t he

I can’t imagine this thread will last long though

Passthebubbly Thu 21-Feb-19 15:06:57

I actually met him a few weeks ago and he was absolutely lovely. Was rather surprised.

popsadaisy Thu 21-Feb-19 15:14:37

I was watching loose women the other day think it was a valentines special and Ruth and Eamon were on it together talking about their relationship and it actually sounds like he really loves and respects her and showers her with affection and love off air where as she admitted she's a lot less affectionate with him but that's just her personality. It really changed my mind about their relationship. I agree he can come across as very rude with her when they're presenting together and seems to talk over her a lot which I don't like but I guess there's a lot we don't see.

BiggerBoat1 Thu 21-Feb-19 15:19:20

He seems permanently confused.

He is very rude to her in that "aren't I charming and funny" way that makes me want to smack him in the face.

ILoveBray Thu 21-Feb-19 15:23:03

I watched an interview they did together. Ruth was still talking when he started talking over her. She didn't stop though (good on her), but it meant there was about 10 seconds where they were both talking at the same time send the poor guest was getting very confused!

He could have just bloody waited for her to finish! I notice this quite a bit when they do interviews together.

ILoveBray Thu 21-Feb-19 15:23:43

*and not send

Helendee Thu 21-Feb-19 15:28:55

I assume the ‘lovely’ Ruth was aware that he was married when she got involved?

Millimollimandi Thu 21-Feb-19 15:29:05

I've met him whilst doing a game show - he was ignorant, arrogant and rude. Never watched him since! Also met Terry Wogan - he was lovely...

ComtesseDeSpair Thu 21-Feb-19 15:36:34

I don’t particularly feel any particular liking for him, but you can’t necessarily judge their relationship based on his working persona. I’ve worked with a partner in the past and we played entirely differently to how we would when out of work, including a level of mockery and ridicule which we both knew was entirely benign but which I’m sure could come across to others as disparaging. Sometimes you joke because you love.

It does seem like EH has been on TV literally forever though, he was presenting breakfast shows when I was a toddler. Surely he must have better competition by now?!

HeyCarrieAnneWhatsYourGame Thu 21-Feb-19 15:42:32

I’m sure that he didn’t leave his marriage to be with Ruth- I’m sure I read somewhere that they met when he had already split with his first wife but was still doing a London/Belfast commute weekly for his then teenage kids?

IHateUncleJamie Thu 21-Feb-19 15:43:01

YADNBU. I think he’s vile and repulsive.

WiddlinDiddlin Thu 21-Feb-19 15:46:19

Arsehole, they both like the dog kicker (cesar milan) and were horrified when Alan Titchmarsh saw straight through him and took him apart on his show, saying it was unfair - I don't know whats unfair about calling someone out on their bullshit!

According to my source, they are unpleasant in real life.

Mummyshark2019 Thu 21-Feb-19 15:49:58

He should not be on TV. Makes me cringe when I watch him and is very rude to Ruth.

Hollanda Thu 21-Feb-19 15:59:02

He's on my list of irrational dislikes. Also I don't like James Corben either. Or Jeremy Clarkson. Ugh.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: