Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to look at this pic of my new bathroom and tell me why I hate it!

(940 Posts)
Canyoutellwhoiamyet Wed 20-Feb-19 17:15:48

Name changed as outing.

We have saved so hard for this new bathroom. We have reconfigured it and had everything new. Stripped to bare brick.

I really don't like it :-(

We still want to put a shelf up behind the toilet with some nice things on, and a towel storer where 3 towels will be rolled up at once in there.

Please be honest. Be as brutal as needed. I want to change the paint I think but no idea what to. We need to get a blind. What else can I do to make this the dream bathroom I envisaged blush

Motoko Tue 16-Jul-19 20:25:48

On long threads, there's no need to read all the posts, but you should read OP's posts, as you can then usually work out what has been suggested, by the OP's answers, as well as any updates. It also avoids people making suggestions, or asking questions, that have already been asked many, many times.

It's kind of an unwritten internet etiquette thing., that has it's own acronym, RTFT.

Samcotton85 Tue 16-Jul-19 17:29:44

Ooops sorry @Motoko, id didn't know people felt so strongly and took it so seriously. I will try read every answer in future. Sorry to have annoyed you

Howdidido Tue 16-Jul-19 17:16:21

Looks much better!

Howdidido Tue 16-Jul-19 17:15:38

Yep me too blush

Howdidido Tue 16-Jul-19 17:14:45

Agree. It need a colour and stuff. The magnolia walls are making it look like a rental house. Which is a shame as you have nice sink etc

growlingbear Tue 16-Jul-19 17:01:42

Duh. I've just read Motoko's post. Should have read the whole thread!

growlingbear Tue 16-Jul-19 17:00:50

I'd paint the walls a really strong colour and put a huge oil painting on the wall opposite the bath. Then choose a good window treatment - white wooden slatted blinds or a grainy linen. Thick cotton bathmats on the floor. It will look really inviting. You could even put a narrow bench in beside the end of the bath so you could sit and chat to DC when they bathe.

Motoko Tue 16-Jul-19 15:33:30

@Samcotton85 why bump a 2 month old thread, when you haven't even read the rest of the thread, or even just the OP's posts? If you had, you'd have seen that OP had lots of advice, including the items you suggested, and had posted updated pictures.

What a waste of your time., not to mention the time of other posters, who also don't RTFT, and also post redundant advice.

beckywiththecraphair Tue 16-Jul-19 15:12:33

Sorry OP I hadn't RTFT, the updated pic looks great and I really like the blind.

beckywiththecraphair Tue 16-Jul-19 15:11:15

I think it's lovely, it just needs a bit homey-ing up. A corner shelf in natural wood in that left hand corner with a climbing ivy plant would be lovely, plus a blind, mat, and a wicker laundry hamper.

Shufflebumnessie Tue 16-Jul-19 14:37:34

It looks great! I wish my bathroom looked like that.

Samcotton85 Tue 16-Jul-19 14:23:42

Get a wooden slatte blind and a big houseplant. That will make it look fab

HBStowe Wed 15-May-19 19:43:32

It’s so much better now!

pickletickled Wed 15-May-19 19:32:18

If I was forced to say something bad, the only thing would be that it looks too clinical. That's it, other than that I really like it.
Colour will change that and make it feel warmer, more homely.

turningback Wed 15-May-19 18:54:25

Wow much better, great job

TheRhythmessMan Sun 12-May-19 19:33:18

Note the fab update below peoples! grin

makingmammaries Sun 12-May-19 11:46:22

also, intersperse some patterned tiles

makingmammaries Sun 12-May-19 11:45:09

Yep, it’s the wall colour. Also, couldn’t you tile it fully? Much less mess in the long run.

SherlockHolmes Sun 12-May-19 09:45:56

Can't see the walls very well but they ook magnolia, which I think is your problem. Go for a colour, as it all looks too neutral. Look at Farrow and Ball colours, as they have nice tones to them (then get them mixed by dulux as it's cheaper grin)

TheRhythmessMan Sun 12-May-19 09:40:07

It looks really fantastic but the mat bothers me for some reason. Maybe a mat with a pattern like this one?

LyndaLaHughes Sun 12-May-19 01:52:20

Wow what an improvement! You've done a great job.
I'm not feeling the hanging plant over the edge of the shelf though I'm afraid. It really draws the eye first and distracts from and spoils lots of other lovely things you have in there. I'd put a standard plant there instead.

Canyoutellwhoiamyet Wed 08-May-19 17:20:59

Ah thanks very much :-)

beanaseireann Wed 08-May-19 07:40:23

It's lovely.

BarcelonaFreddie Tue 07-May-19 21:12:33

It's absolutely beautiful! Well done, OP.

Canyoutellwhoiamyet Mon 06-May-19 11:31:18

Thanks all :-)
@puppylove here is the updated pic

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »