Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to look at this pic of my new bathroom and tell me why I hate it!

(940 Posts)
Canyoutellwhoiamyet Wed 20-Feb-19 17:15:48

Name changed as outing.

We have saved so hard for this new bathroom. We have reconfigured it and had everything new. Stripped to bare brick.

I really don't like it :-(

We still want to put a shelf up behind the toilet with some nice things on, and a towel storer where 3 towels will be rolled up at once in there.

Please be honest. Be as brutal as needed. I want to change the paint I think but no idea what to. We need to get a blind. What else can I do to make this the dream bathroom I envisaged blush

notacooldad Wed 20-Feb-19 17:19:45

Your purpose tires are working!
I can't see the problem with the bathroom. It looks nice.

BettyWahair Wed 20-Feb-19 17:19:48

I think it is a really clean space but it is fairly clinical looking at the moment and needs some colour and character. Have you had a look at Pinterest at all? You could get some plants, even some artwork in there, just to break up the white.
Did you want a minimalist look? What attracted you to the pieces in the first place?

EwItsAHooman Wed 20-Feb-19 17:19:52

It just needs some colour and a little bit of clutter, it's lovely but very bare right now.

flirtygirl Wed 20-Feb-19 17:19:56

The window wall looks like it should be fully tiled. The paint colour is boring and meh. The flooring doesn't quite go but I can't say why? I don't like the shape of the sink but I think that just me.

Ninjaplus1 Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:00

It’s lovely.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:29

Unless you have splashy kids I'd wallpaper the window wall and put up a blind

I'd wallpaper it with a beach hut mural but I have very bright taste

It definitely needs a window treatment and a contrasting/matching bath mat

scaryteacher Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:33

It needs colour - add in some towels and some clutter, and some bathmats to match the colour of the walls when you paint them and the jobs a good'un.

It is very Belgian though!

Disfordarkchocolate Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:33

I think it looks lovely, all you need to do is some finishing touches ie blind, plants, nice towels and a print or two. So much nicer than mine. I'd be using a nice relaxing green to add the colour.

notacooldad Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:40

your pictures are working

Canyoutellwhoiamyet Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:52

What colour paint would you go for? And what style blind?
I'm so disappointed with it. Thanks for helping with suggestions!

Aquamarine1029 Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:54

I think a large framed artwork would be gorgeous above the toilet

flirtygirl Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:56

Oh I like the sink now you've done the 2nd picture.

BWcastle2000 Wed 20-Feb-19 17:20:56

I would have gone for floor to ceiling tiles. If you really was honesty it’s a little bit bland. You need a feature. Colour of paint, artwork?

Iltavilli Wed 20-Feb-19 17:21:12

The walls a different colour / a pop of colour elsewhere will really make a huge difference!

RuggyPeg Wed 20-Feb-19 17:21:15

I can see why you're not keen. It looks a bit stark. You'll get lots of suggestions for wall colour but I think you need a nice classy colour. What is current colour? Pale pink? A window blind too would improve things. I think the tiles cheapen the whole look. They look a bit budget-y and like you've run out of money to continue tiling!

64sNewName Wed 20-Feb-19 17:21:23

It looks good; it’s just quite anonymous, and without knowing your taste it’s hard to advise. Get your favourite lovely soap and all that stuff, maybe another mirror (beautiful one) on the wall, or a piece of art or whatever warms up a space for you.

Wish we had a new bathroom!

Longdistance Wed 20-Feb-19 17:21:31

Needs some colour? Possibly a plant? Bouncy towels? Floor looks dark. Is it wood or tile? I’d prefer tiles.

ThatssomebadhatHarry Wed 20-Feb-19 17:21:48

Ok now I see.

It’s a bland and boring. Maybe a picture on the wall and some colour. It just needs a bit of jazzing up and your own stamp on it. Pinterest is your friend.

Deadbudgie Wed 20-Feb-19 17:21:48

With everyone else it’s lovely just a bit bland at the mo. Maybe a light blue wall. Some artwork and a few bits on a shelf as you planned. Nice bath mat and some coloured towels. Then some candles, bubble bath and glass of wine enjoy

Dermymc Wed 20-Feb-19 17:22:13

It's meh. There's no colour to it. Get some colour on the wall.

The bath gap is odd but you can't change that now.

It's a lovely suite and modern lines.

Heyha Wed 20-Feb-19 17:22:42

I like it! A nice blind, bright towels, and a plant or something and it'll look much more homely. It really is a blank canvas. If you put the towels and a blind in and live with it for a month, and still don't like it, THEN look at painting a wall or something?

happyjack12 Wed 20-Feb-19 17:22:53

well i like it....just needs something to warm it up a bit, blinds and towels and co-ordinating bits will do that. I've used burnt orange to accent my cream and white bathroom ( nowhere near as nice as yours !!)

Aquamarine1029 Wed 20-Feb-19 17:23:00

I think a light/medium blue colour would be lovely with luxurious white rugs

Spudlet Wed 20-Feb-19 17:23:02

It's just not very personal at the moment. Put in some nice fluffy towels in a colour of your choice, a mat and thhe rest of your stuff and it will soon look more like yours, and less like a showroom.

I have a little succulent in a bright pot on the bathroom windowsill, it seems to be very happy. That sort of thing.

The80sweregreat Wed 20-Feb-19 17:23:47

It's lovely! I'd be happy with it. Maybe a bit of colour on the wall ( picture or something?)
Enjoy your new bathroom!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »