Talk

Advanced search

to ask what bizarre cruelty your dc have accused you of?

(160 Posts)
Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 07:42:56

I've just been reading threads and was reminded of one thing my dd said to me very earnestly one day.

'I remember you putting me to bed in the middle of the day'.

Now, either she can recall being a baby being put down for a nap, or she recalls being put to bed at her usual bed-time during the summer when it was still bright outside. Either way, she was never put to bed at 3pm for the rest of the day and night.

It's funny what they remember and what they interpret.

Have you been accused of any cruelty?

mrbob Wed 20-Feb-19 07:44:17

My 10 year old nephew said he felt like a slave and that his life was unfair. He had been asked to make his bed...

MargotLovedTom1 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:44:43

A shriek of "This is abuse!" for saying the Xbox had to be switched off.

EssentialHummus Wed 20-Feb-19 07:45:49

I take care of a friend’s toddler weekly, along with my own. If I give them both a snack mine will inhale hers and then point at the other’s, howling in indignant rage that I would dare to feed him and not her.

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 07:46:09

PMSL, I guess I got off lightly!

EggysMom Wed 20-Feb-19 07:46:38

It's funny what they remember and what they interpret.

And I'm sure your DD would remember it a different way, that she annoyed you so much that you put her to bed at 3pm with no tea.

Your memory is no more accurate than your DD's.

MargotLovedTom1 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:47:32

And apparently it's also abusive to say it's time to get ready for bed. Give me strength!

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Wed 20-Feb-19 07:47:35

My twenty year old nephew in full time work accused his mother of extracting ‘blood money’ from him when she asked him for £20 a week towards his keep.

SpeedyBojangles Wed 20-Feb-19 07:48:06

My three year old told nursery I'd poked her in the eye with a needle.

I have literally no idea where she got that from.....!!! Thankfully they knew she was fibbing (she has form)

MidniteScribbler Wed 20-Feb-19 07:48:32

My son's teacher showed me a piece of writing one day. "My mummy wa*ks me everyday". Turned out he had tried to write WARLK (walk) but had done a lower case r and a capital L that ran together, so it looked like a lower case N. Had a bit of explaining to do there but fortunately DS backed me up when the teacher asked him to read it to her!

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 07:49:32

I have 3 nieces. If I ever held one when dd was a toddler, she would pop herself up onto my knee to oust the usurper. She never sat on my knee as it was, but woe betide me if I took another wee damsel onto my knee!

SweetheartNeckline Wed 20-Feb-19 07:50:13

DC1 told her teacher I only let her have clean pants once a week.

DC2 told her teacher that I hadn't given any of them breakfast, or tea the previous night. Compounded by me saying "Yes you had brioche for breakfast!" "What's brioche, I've never even heard of that mummy!"

DC3 has just turned 3 and everything I do is the height of cruelty right now. "No mummy, you not doing good listening a'me!"

MargotLovedTom1 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:50:20

EggysMom where did the OP say she'd put her child to bed at 3pm as a punishment? confused

yearinyearout Wed 20-Feb-19 07:52:17

Took them out for a lovely summer walk in the hills. Resulting in the eldest crawling up the hill on hands and knees crying and promising to ring childline when we got home.

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 07:53:02

There's a video on Facebook about the Dad being brought into the school about the child saying how much weed they had at their house. She meant weeds lol.
The mind of a child eh?

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 07:55:30

I think Eggysmom must be dd! If you are, get your ass into your uniform!

ScafellPoke Wed 20-Feb-19 07:55:32

Oh eggysmom hmm

My dc tell people that I put them in a bag

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 07:56:53

They'd hang you out to dry God bless them.

Sparkletastic Wed 20-Feb-19 07:57:21

My eldest once told her nursery school teachers 'Daddy drinks beer and hits me with the bottles' blush

chocolatebuttonsandcheese Wed 20-Feb-19 07:57:32

Told everyone I was a coke addict... he meant Diet Coke

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 08:00:38

Once you weren't forcing coke on him you're safe enough lol.

Mammy makes me take coke for breakfast. Christ but that would land you in hot water!

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 08:03:15

Another time, I had left dd's beautifully prepared lunch behind one day, realised when I got to the school, popped into local small shop and bought whatever I could find. She told her grandmother (my mother) 'I had no lunch at school today'. Little shyster.

crispsahoy Wed 20-Feb-19 08:03:19

Dd told nursery that I pulled her hair an hit her (brushed her hair, tapped her hand for being naughty) they called me in because she had a mark on her forehead. Luckily ds has the exact same birthmark!! It only showed up if upset/chewed up.

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 08:08:56

Oh God, I'd never get away with laying a finger on dd. She'd be on the 6 o'clock news, aged 5, seeking asylum from this abusive regime. As it was, she found time-out to be abusive and would tell Granny all about that too.

CigarsofthePharoahs Wed 20-Feb-19 08:11:46

Oh all sorts.
Mostly just accusing me of hurting them when all I'm trying to do is break up a fight or stop them seriously injuring themselves.
I think the best example was at the supermarket. Ds1 was four and in full daydreams phase. I was constantly having to remind him to look where he was going and not wander off.
A Very Impatient Man came barreling down the aisle very fast with a full trolley. Ds was in his path and I had to pull him out of the way very quickly.
Cue - "You hurt me! You hurt my arm! That hurt!" as nauseam.
I asked him if he'd rather I'd left him to be squashed by the Impatient Man and he said yes.
Sigh.

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 08:12:27

Granny of course would ask 'were you in time-out today?' And the sad eyes would appear while she told her tale of woe about the abusive regime she was living under. She had her granny wrapped around her little finger from the get go.

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 08:17:06

I wouldn't mind but Granny wouldn't have thought twice about cracking us across the knuckles as children! Dc however?

KipperTheFrog Wed 20-Feb-19 08:18:36

I get accused of abuse daily by 4 year old DD1. All because I ask her to stop hitting/pulling/squashing 2 year old DD2. She doesn't mean to hurt DD2, but doesn't get that DD2 is very small and easily hurt.

Darkestnight Wed 20-Feb-19 08:18:38

By giving a camel the hump grin

Mildmanneredmum Wed 20-Feb-19 08:19:36

When DD was at pre-school playgroup, she told the staff that mummy wouldn't get out of bed to make her breakfast. Not at 3.00am I didn't....

Mummyoflittledragon Wed 20-Feb-19 08:22:47

Dd accuses me of perceived injustices almost daily. As I was typing on another thread, she just tried to swipe my iPad because she wanted to put her music on it and record herself on another device. She was holding my phone in her other hand to do the recording.

When I refused she indignantly said “stop stealing everything”. She has her own phone and iPad, just couldn’t be bothered to go upstairs and get her them but thought it fine to deprive me of my stuff. How does that even work?

Anyway she’s stomped upstairs to her bedroom with her friend in disgust. Probably slagging me off as I type. 😂. And don’t let me get started on the Spanish Inquisition if I dare google a recipe or something on her iPad because it’s closer.... hmm

BertrandRussell Wed 20-Feb-19 08:24:44

“Dd told nursery that I pulled her hair an hit her (brushed her hair, tapped her hand for being naughty)”

You did hit her though, didn’t you?

Yabbers Wed 20-Feb-19 08:24:44

I kicked her off the chair.

Of course, I tripped over the chair leg and she lost her balance and fell off the chair.

I got off more lightly than the nursery nurse who broke her leg. Poor lady who discovered her broken leg to this day is accused of actually breaking it. And worse, DD said so to the folk who investigated the incident at nursery. (It apparently didn’t even happen at nursery!)

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 08:26:37

PMSL It's great that they live in an age where they can talk about their perceived slights, but God does it come from left field when they construe abuse from something totally benign and you're left trying to defend yourself. The innocence. And an indulgent Grandmother who loves nothing more than to hear how wicked I am so that dd will run to her for comforting (and Coke, sweets and Ice cream and anything else the Wicked Witch has banned).

SummerHouse Wed 20-Feb-19 08:30:52

I made DS drink my blood and he ended up in hospital.

He wrote this in a school book!! Oh the horror when I was flicking through and found this disturbing life event.

It was actually early days breast feeder and I didn't know my nipples were bleeding and he was admitted for voming blood.

Still I haven't learned to keep that story to myself it seems... blush

GypsyRoseTea Wed 20-Feb-19 08:32:55

hmm Bertrand! That’s a big leap!

User12879923378 Wed 20-Feb-19 08:35:04

I'm amazed any lighthearted conversation gets off the ground here these days

Wherearemyminions Wed 20-Feb-19 08:35:54

We had a rabbit (RIP Snowy) and when he died I buried him in the garden. Eldest DS told the younger 2 that I had served him up in a pie shock

To this day I think they are still not sure, eldest DS now being mid 20s. I have refuted it so many times but it's stuck in their minds as something that definitely happened, and they've repeated it as a fact to so many people over the years!

MrsJane Wed 20-Feb-19 08:37:21

Classics from my dc over the past couple of years:

"Mummy made the cakes too chocolatey and now I feel sick!"

"Mummy made my ice cream too cold and now I have a headache!"

Ds4 told my mil that DH had drove really fast and crashed the car into the house!
He's reversed slowly onto to the drive and accidentally scuffed the bumper on the wall. hmm

Fiveredbricks Wed 20-Feb-19 08:40:17

20m old was very upset at me that there wasn't a Dinosaur for him to brush at the petting zoo last week.

Seline Wed 20-Feb-19 08:42:07

My eldest son used to scream HELP ME NOOOO when me and my husband would pick him up and put him in the pram in public.

It used to upset my husband more than me because my husband isn't white but our sons are white passing, so he used to think people would think he was kidnapping a child when he was out alone lol.

Fiveredbricks Wed 20-Feb-19 08:42:07

He told DH "Mama no dinosaurs!! Mama hid dinosaurs!!"

Calibri12 Wed 20-Feb-19 08:43:01

Yes! My twins threatened to call childline once for making them ski on a skiing holiday! They were about 8 I think.

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 08:43:13

20m old was very upset at me that there wasn't a Dinosaur for him to brush at the petting zoo last week

You do know that you were being abusive there? Just wait until Granny finds out. Or woe betide you when he tells Nursery. You're screwed.

Seline Wed 20-Feb-19 08:47:17

Same DS also threw a strop about a sandwich but he has delayed speech so all he kept doing was pointing at it and shouting. Taking it away made it worse, giving it to him made it worse.

Turns out we had done the heinous crime of cutting it up and he wanted us to glue it together...

Theyhaveallbeenused2 Wed 20-Feb-19 08:47:26

I said a bad word..NO when he wanted a biscuit when I was making dinner.

crispsahoy Wed 20-Feb-19 08:47:49

@BertrandRussell no I tapped her hand I did not hit her across her forehead like she said!

Grumblepants Wed 20-Feb-19 08:51:38

Ds hit me this morning because I tried to get him to brush his teeth! (He's 2)
He also had a massive tantrum when I turned around and caught him putting a metal spoon in the microwave and I took the spoon away (luckily he hadn't actually figured out how to turn microwave on, but it stays unplugged now just in case).
I wouldn't allow him to have chocolate for breakfast. That one ended up in hitting screaming and throwing himself on the floor in hysterics.
I'm obviously an evil cow!

BalloonSlayer Wed 20-Feb-19 08:53:39

DNephew complained "I have to do everything round here!" when he was reminded to brush his teeth, aged about 10.

DS1, similar age, on his birthday, had the treat he wanted, favourite food, loads of friends round running around madly, masses of presents - declared it the "worst day of his life." Why? Because we said that after all that running around he must have a shower.

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Wed 20-Feb-19 08:54:43

Its constant with my dd

The thing she found most unfair was not letting her audition for the Harry Potter films

She is also very annoyed that she isn't actually at hogwarts , she waited for her letter all through school and is now at college

SHE IS 17 PEOPLE...17!!!

She wasnt even born when the auditions were on

And the child can really hold a grudge!!

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Wed 20-Feb-19 08:56:25

Ds2 did tell his keyworker at playschool that i hit them on the bottom with a wooden spoon

IT WAS A JOKE

And if you looked at his 'what i did at the weekend' story book in infants all he did was play on the computer

They were allowed on for 30 minutes A DAY!!!

letsgomaths Wed 20-Feb-19 09:02:44

I know a 6yo boy who told me and anyone who would listen that on his birthday, his mum covered his eyes so he couldn't see, and this was wrong and unfair!

All she had done was blindfold him to pin the tail on the donkey; he thought that as the birthday boy, he didn't have to be blindfolded like everyone else.

ratherbeshowjumping Wed 20-Feb-19 09:03:27

Some of these are hilarious.

My DNephew cried because I wouldn't let him sleep in the stable with the horse.... grin I'm an awful aunty.

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Wed 20-Feb-19 09:03:30

Not me, but my ds used to babysit for my bfs spawn of the devil. Unreasonably he told him to get off his PlayStation and go to bed (it was only 10, fgs), Sotd ran out of the house up the street screaming that ds was a stranger and he'd kidnapped him. Cue ds running up the road in bare feet to catch him. Luckily all tge neighbours knew him from old.
My asd ds1, when he found out I was receiving DLA for him, demanded it all, and said I was stealing it. He was 12, and it would have gone on sweets and games.

ShadowHuntress Wed 20-Feb-19 09:03:58

My 4 year old ds called my mum crying - he knows how to dial her as I have her pic on my phone - to tell her I was kicking him. What I’d actually done is lie to him and told him dd was at school when it was a sat and she was going to the trampoline park with her friend. I knew he’d kick up a huge fuss if he knew she was going without him. He overheard me asking dh what time she was coming back and was screaming ‘you tricked me’. He was crying/screaming so much that my mum thought he was saying mummy kicked me! He went into nursery the following mon and told them whole story too!

goingtotown Wed 20-Feb-19 09:09:43

DD informed her friends mum that I treated her like Cinderella. This was because I asked to tidy her room. She was 8.

diplodocusinermine Wed 20-Feb-19 09:14:48

Seline, have you ever seen the 'Cutted up pear' thread - I think it's in Classics. You will relate grin.

supersop60 Wed 20-Feb-19 09:17:34

My DD used to scream her head off when I changed her nappy (she was about 2 and wanted to continue playing). "Mummy NO, mummy, please don't" God knows what the neighbours thought.
My niece accused my sister of lying to her for years (Father Christmas)

Tunnocks34 Wed 20-Feb-19 09:19:30

My eldest told his pre school teacher at 3, that ‘my daddy made me very sad last night because he put his finger up my bum’

He had, he had to have medication in the form of a suppository. We had to take the medication in to plead our case!

Lbmgirl Wed 20-Feb-19 09:21:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

justilou1 Wed 20-Feb-19 09:22:09

Mine is to cruelly and deliberately breed knowing I was passing on “short genes.” Never mind the complete lack of supermodels in my husband’s family, too. (In fact, at 5ft2 - almost... I am statuesque compared to most women on both sides!)

Lbmgirl Wed 20-Feb-19 09:22:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Dixywitch19 Wed 20-Feb-19 09:22:51

When DS was 2 he told nursery mummy had got him stabbed... we'd been for blood tests that morning and he still had the plaster on 😂

He also told my DM that my partner puts him in the bin when he's naughty.

user1483390742 Wed 20-Feb-19 09:25:08

My 9 year old told me he was going to ring Childline when i turned the Wifi off.. I told him not until after i had rung Mumline! grin

BlooperReel Wed 20-Feb-19 09:25:41

My four year old accused me of 'starving her to hell' because she was not allowed a chocolate muffin after lunch (that she hadn't even finished).

drspouse Wed 20-Feb-19 09:31:25

My DD is 4 and still not fully continent. The absolute worst thing ever is if we tell her she has to go to the toilet and get changed if she's soiled her pants.
I would just leave her to be uncomfortable given the screams, but the smell isn't nice...

chilledteacher Wed 20-Feb-19 09:48:28

My DSis was taking my DS for a week which involved a train journey from our house to Cornwall. DS fell asleep for a few hours and must have done that thing where you wake up and don't know where you are. He started panicking and screaming at the top of his voice that he was being kidnapped and he wanted to go back to his Mummy. Worried passengers alerted the guard and at the next stop the transport police were waiting for my DSis who had to explain she really was his Aunty and she really was just taking him on holiday for a week. They only believed her after they phoned me to check.
She takes the car now when picking the kids up...

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 09:48:59

Typical scenario

Protagonist: DD. A soliloquy Shakespeare might well have been proud of.

Enter from left scene: DGM 'Oh darling, what has she been doing to you?' With all the drama of a best supporting actress.

Exit right of scene: Me.

MamaBear2181 Wed 20-Feb-19 09:51:01

Back in the 80s My brother was asked in nursery once what his daddy did for a job, and he told his teacher that he all he knew about his dad was that he was always in the bookies, the pub or jail!

Dads best mate worked in a bookies so he went there sometimes but as for the other two he rarely went out drinking and had never once been in trouble with the law 😂 As for his job, he was a carpenter lol!

BettyWoo Wed 20-Feb-19 09:54:11

Many years ago my eldest ds threatened to call Childlike because the internet wasn't working!

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 09:54:28

Honestly, I can't be dealing with my DM and DD especially. It's like she's the fair haired child, proof that I'm incapable of being a mother and there is nothing to be done but feed her icecream. In fairness, she must be going through trauma at the hands of my good self. Or so the pair would have you believe!
I think it's because she's the first grandchild.

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 09:57:33

@Bettywoo, I'm so dependent on internet, I'd be calling 999. grin

caringiscreepy Wed 20-Feb-19 10:31:48

My dcs 4 and 5 have started telling people that the last time we went on holiday we locked them in a room and wouldn't let them out even though they were screaming. This never happened and I've no idea where they got it from

LadyBunker Wed 20-Feb-19 10:35:10

My 11 year old daughter tells me she wants to live life at her own pace, so being given one hour to finish tidying her bedroom (after three fucking days of waiting for the half hr job to be done) was disrespectful and abusive of me. Taking her iPad away until it was done? "WHY DON'T YOU JUST PUT ME IN PRISON?!?!"

formerbabe Wed 20-Feb-19 10:35:55

My ds asked for some tic tacs when we were shopping and loudly proclaimed that he needed them because he had nothing to eat that day. He'd had breakfast, a snack and a big lunch just an hour earlier confused

Limensoda Wed 20-Feb-19 10:37:26

My daughter used to have a long list of abuses. Oddly, she forgets all the good things. It must have been hell for her...

leamaria Wed 20-Feb-19 10:44:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 10:50:07

Dd also fell the whole way down the stairs because 'Mammy pushed me'. No, she tripped while I was trying to hold onto her and negotiating her buggy down and she fell down two whole steps. But of course it sounds more catastrophic the way dd told it (She was 3). I think I have a drama queen on my hands.

liverbird10 Wed 20-Feb-19 10:52:12

@ScafellPoke IN A BAG?! grin

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 10:54:57

Reading back, I think dd is looking for any opportunity to hang me!
Revenge for time-out maybe. She never agreed with that particular abuse of power.
Well honey, I ain't rearing a delinquent, so sit there and think about how you might avoid time-out in future!
She's a really good teenager, well happy anyway, so I hope I've done something right. Touch wood.

Worldshohohokayestmum Wed 20-Feb-19 10:57:35

My 20 month DS is currently rolling on the floor screaming and kicking a chair because I won't let him have a second cake. My 8 year old DD had a strop because I asked her to get up and have a shower instead of lying in bed playing roblox. It's such a magical time... grin

PivotPivotPivottt Wed 20-Feb-19 11:03:31

My 7 year old complained this morning that she has to do everything in this house. All because she had to look for a bobble for hair. In fact she volunteered to look for one, I asked her if she had one and she didn't but said she will go look for oneconfused. I would have looked for one if she hasn't offeredhmm.

I was also accused of being selfish last night (can't remember why) about 10 minutes after purchasing her some coins for her game angry. I'm really annoyed about that one even though she instantly apologised.

Hamandcrispsandwich Wed 20-Feb-19 11:09:33

My best friends DD used to come and stay with me at weekends. Completely her choice, she loved coming and we loved having her. She had a small childs suitcase that she used to bring with her.

Every Monday, she used to go into nursery and say 'Aunty X put me in a suitcase and took me away from Mummy and daddy again. She takes me all over the world'

I lived on the other side of the road, she wasn't shut in any suitcase, I didn't take her against her wishes and she was free to go home whenever she wanted as we were only 5 minutes away!

CigarsofthePharoahs Wed 20-Feb-19 11:11:12

I've just remembered the time the internet went down and ds2 wanted to use Netflix.
Oh the tantrums. I tried to explain about the internet and how it worked etc etc. However, you can't argue with an angry pre-schooler.
I was accused of lying, of being a horrible person and of being cruel on purpose. I spent quite a while checking my phone for updates, whilst trying to calm ds2 down. I'm sure the neighbours thought I was doing something very cruel.
Getting everything via internet has the occasional downside.

TrevorTheWeather Wed 20-Feb-19 11:14:29

I have told this story on here before.

Ds, then aged about 6, went to school and told his teacher that Daddy gave him white powder that made him stay up all night. First we knew of it was when the police knocked at the door first thing one morning and arrested DH on suspicion of supplying class A drugs then proceeded to search the house. After that I had to take DS to the police station to have a recorded interview.

The police failed to find any evidence of the nonexistent class A drugs and DS never repeated his claims!

A few days later, still bewildered, it dawned on us that DS had been talking about a sherbet fountain that DH had not allowed DS to eat just before bed, telling him that he couldn't have all that sugar as he'd be awake half the night.

outpinked Wed 20-Feb-19 11:17:03

When my DD was four she told breakfast club staff I had ‘hit her around the head really hard’ the night before which was an absolute lie, I’ve never laid a finger on any of them! Thankfully they believed me, I cried all the way to work.

pumpastrotter Wed 20-Feb-19 11:17:59

DS is a bugger for this type of thing, apparently we don't feed him (we found out after he had been having a second breakfast at the childminders for a week and a teacher had been giving him extra fruit!). When he was younger we were walking from the shop where I hadn't bought him any sweets - he decided to run off down the road screaming kidnap -_-

Tinty Wed 20-Feb-19 11:33:23

Not cruelty, nice mummy apparently.

My DD wrote in her book in Nursery:

I love my mummy because she gives me medicine to keep me quiet and make me sleep. blush

It was cough mixture to stop her coughing (it worked) and help her sleep, in the days when cough mixture was not banned for small Children.

drspouse Wed 20-Feb-19 11:38:19

You can still get a linctus that is suitable for children.

Brilliantidiot Wed 20-Feb-19 11:47:46

Mine told her teachers that she couldn't do her homework in the Easter hols last year because I made her do the horses every day, and do all the housework.
I made her muck her own bloody pony out for 3 days out of the holidays, and the rest of the fortnight she rode while I was the groom, and she didn't go near my horse at all! And I asked her to tidy her room and rinse the bath after her!
The horror, imagine having a pony that's looked after and paid for for you and having to muck it out a whole THREE times in two weeks! Total abuse!

Isitweekendyet Wed 20-Feb-19 11:49:22

DS told her key worker 'Daddy spent all last night kicking me, I didn't sleep.'

During raucous playtime DH had been dangling him upside down and making him smell his feet, cue much encouragement from DS.

Little shite slept all night, slap back in the middle of our bed. It was effing Mummy and Daddy who didn't sleep!

Findingthingstough18 Wed 20-Feb-19 12:04:00

I obviously don't remember this, but have been told:

As a small child I had very tightly curled hair which was pretty horrible to brush. When DM went away for a few days when I was three DF thought he'd come up with an ingenious solution when I was making a big fuss about him brushing it - he quickly washed my hair so that it could easily be brushed through. He felt very smug about fixing the problem so easily until he took me to nursery where the nursery nurse brightly said 'Oh, you have damp hair, sweetheart, is it raining?' and I said 'No, Daddy put my head under the tap because I was crying and mummy's not here' blush

Mirime Wed 20-Feb-19 12:16:44

Dohee Wed 20-Feb-19 10:50:07

Dd also fell the whole way down the stairs because 'Mammy pushed me'. No, she tripped while I was trying to hold onto her and negotiating her buggy down and she fell down two whole steps. But of course it sounds more catastrophic the way dd told it (She was 3). I think I have a drama queen on my hands.

When DS was 4 he fell over in the garden when playing football and cut his hand badly enough to need stitches. General anesthetic needed and a week off school.

He told many, many people that it was daddy's fault for kicking the football and by the time he went back to school he was telling people he'd actually fainted.

More recently, he got his finger in the hinge of the fridge door as I was closing it. Cue agonised wails of how I deliberately hurt him, I knew his finger was there and I'm always deliberately hurting him, with the occasional reassurance that it's ok, he still loves me. He then went a sulked in the corner for a bit because he wasn't happy with me until I pointed out that if he didn't come and eat his dinner the cats would steal it. After that he was fine.

Tequilamockinbird Wed 20-Feb-19 12:20:51

My DD trapped her finger in a closing door when she was about 3. It was slightly bruised, no bleeding or anything.

She went to nursery the next day and showed them her finger. She told them I'd let her play out in the front street when the bin men were there, and a bin lorry ran over her finger hmm

ApolloandDaphne Wed 20-Feb-19 12:27:24

Apparently when i was around four i told everyone on the bus that my daddy was in Peterhead prison. My DM was mortified and hastily explained that he was working away in Peterhead and he had told me about the prison when he was home for the weekend. She didn't think she was believed as she was given some seriously judgey looks. I have never been allowed to forget this even though i am now in my 50's!

ApolloandDaphne Wed 20-Feb-19 12:29:49

I think i got the gist of this thread wrong. Sorry! grin

ScarletMascara Wed 20-Feb-19 12:31:19

My youngest son told our GP that we had made him smell gas to try and sort his blocked ears - it was menthol inhalation ...

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 20-Feb-19 12:33:47

I was about 9 or 10, and was convinced my mum was trying to starve me....

In reality she’d decided out of the blue one day to make a rather exotic sweet and sour chicken dish for dinner instead of her usual fare of meat, veg and potatoes blush I was completely aghast at the bright orange monstrosity that was placed before me. We lived in a “you eat what you’re given or you don’t eat” sort of house, but I was sure she wouldn’t really make me go to bed without dinner. How wrong was I! confused I threatened to ring ChildLine and everything blush

MotherOfTheNoise Wed 20-Feb-19 12:41:29

My daughter told nursery every day for a week that we hadn't fed her breakfast, so they were feeding her when she got in. They obviously called us in and we had to explain that she definitely was having breakfast at home. Got her to confess and her reply was "but now I don't get 2 breakfasts mummy!!". Thankfully nursery thought it was hilarious and agree she is going to rule the world one day!

WhatNow40 Wed 20-Feb-19 12:44:30

DS told another school mum that I don't use manners and never say please. I just tell him to do stuff like a dog. blush

I stop saying please after the 3rd time of asking. Can you get dressed please? Turns to Get. Dressed. Now. angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »