Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or is this the most romantic proposal ever! (Not)

(150 Posts)
GirlOnIt Mon 18-Feb-19 21:06:32

Background: we've discussed marriage and all that. Dp had a proposal planned but we've been struggling a bit with adapting to life as parents so I said for him not to ask.

Cue today. Ds isn't well, he's been feeding on and off all day and hasn't slept at all. Dp came home early from work to take over and managed to get him to take some expressed milk and fall asleep, yay smile

I got a bath while Dp was settling Ds and when I got out he said he'd go get us a McD's, so we could eat and rest before Ds woke again. Not really sure what came over me but I burst into tears and in the midst of comforting me he said "god I love you so fucking much, please marry me". Stood in the kitchen, me with wet hair and wearing one of his t-shirts and not in a cute rom com way, I look a mess.
I mean it's romance novel stuff right? (If I say yes).

Traveler001 Mon 18-Feb-19 21:08:04

Did he go and get the McDonald’s? If he did say yes if not say no grin

IvanaPee Mon 18-Feb-19 21:09:21

Awww I think that’s lovely!! It’s real. And if you looked that shit at least you know he’s not shallow 😂😂

CrackersDontMatter Mon 18-Feb-19 21:09:24

I think that's a lovely proposal ❤️.

IvanaPee Mon 18-Feb-19 21:09:49

Course this depends in whether he actually got the McDs or not, and if there was a McFlurry involved!

WoogleCone Mon 18-Feb-19 21:10:17

Aww I love that haha, he was all overcome with the feels that he couldn't hold it in anymore!
Please tell me you said yes?! flowers

Tiredmum100 Mon 18-Feb-19 21:10:22

Say YES! And then eat 🍔🍟

GirlOnIt Mon 18-Feb-19 21:13:43

He actually said he'd go get me food before I decide. Because he knows I can't think straight when I'm hungry. Yes to McFlurry. And yes to him. Although not for a good year or so.

Ds is awake now and he's gone to try settle him back to sleep.

GirlOnIt Mon 18-Feb-19 21:14:15

I'm having a glass of wine wine

IvanaPee Mon 18-Feb-19 21:14:39

Awww enjoy the McDonald’s and the fact that you’re GETTING MARRIED!!!! 🍾 💐❤️

thedogattacksthetissuebox Mon 18-Feb-19 21:16:19

Aww he knows you get hangry.

I think it's sweet and genuine.

Lolo1845 Mon 18-Feb-19 21:16:45

Aww that's so sweet. Congratulations!

ThanosSavedMe Mon 18-Feb-19 21:18:40

I think it’s a fab proposal. Congratulations

PeanuttyButter Mon 18-Feb-19 21:18:45

Congratulations! Perfect proposal in my mind . Mine proposed to me 30 seconds after I shouted (and swore) at him for making me do something I didn't want to do grin

WineAndTiramisu Mon 18-Feb-19 21:19:58

Perfect proposal! wine

Hanab Mon 18-Feb-19 21:20:13

Heartfelt proposal, an honest 1 .. yes not particularly romantic but he loves you at your ( lack of a better term ) worst 🤷🏻‍♀️ He sees what you are going through and it possibly made him realise what a gem you are and he could not help himself! Congrats! You have a gem of a Fiancé 🌷

ILoveMaxiBondi Mon 18-Feb-19 21:20:45

What do you mean “before I decide”? confused surely you both plan to get married so he knows you will say yes?

MiniMum97 Mon 18-Feb-19 21:21:32

Congratulations! What a perfect proposal! 😊

BroomstickOfLove Mon 18-Feb-19 21:22:35

That's pretty much as good as a proposal gets, in my opinion. Heartfelt, emotional, loving, and at a time when the relationship shit has got real. AND combined with emergency food. He sounds like a keeper.

Isadora2007 Mon 18-Feb-19 21:23:23

I hope you spelt out yes with your 🍟

Knittedfairies Mon 18-Feb-19 21:23:47

Sounds perfect to me!

CaseofEllen Mon 18-Feb-19 21:26:22

I think it's the best type of proposal! Congratulations on the McDonald's, the wine and the wedding xx

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 18-Feb-19 21:27:23

Congratulations to you both smile

I think that’s lovely.

I don’t consider it a proposal because we’d talked about it a lot but we knew we wanted to get married, buy a house and have a baby though not in what order. We went to see someone about a mortgage, all went well, then stopped in a curry house to pick up a takeaway and while I was eating a handful of Bombay mix DH beamed at me and said “so can we get married?” grin

It’s the thought that counts.

Catren Mon 18-Feb-19 21:29:07

That's the most romantic type there is! No pretention or big production, just that he loves you and wants to marry you. And bring you food. That's the important part.

Congratulations!

funnylittlefloozie Mon 18-Feb-19 21:29:24

I think thats a bloody lovely proposal! Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »