Talk

Advanced search

Not feeling myself

(13 Posts)
MummyofTw0 Mon 18-Feb-19 18:33:21

I didn't really know where to post this so sorry if it's the wrong place.

I'm a mummy of two; a three year old and a 5m old.

Lately, probably the past two months I've not been feeling myself. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'm snappy with my husband, feel quite tearful. The tiniest of comments or things out of place in the house really get to me. Just a lot of things make me feel unhappy at the moment rather than happy.

I love my girls to bits and my husband.
So I feel awful for feeling this way

I'm wondering if I'm a bit post natal. Or whether going back on the contraceptive pill is messing with my hormones. How can you tell for sure? What's the obvious signs?

MummyofTw0 Thu 21-Feb-19 21:24:27

hmm

Lockheart Thu 21-Feb-19 21:35:17

You might not be getting any responses because this is AIBU. You might get more help posting in a health based topic. However none of this is a substitute for seeing a medical professional in RL, which is what I'd recommend.

Brokenfurnitureandroses Thu 21-Feb-19 21:36:38

I felt like this after having my second child. I went to the doctor and he did blood tests. Turns out I had low thyroid hormone, (hypo throidism). Solved with pills (eltroxin). I think it can be brought on by pregnancy though not sure!

MummyofTw0 Thu 21-Feb-19 21:37:15

Thank you x

ShatFic Thu 21-Feb-19 21:38:51

Vitamin D? Until the last few days we had such a dull dark winter so it might be worth looking at the symptoms of low levels. Try taking supplements, and you should see an improvement in 2-4 weeks.

Stressedout10 Thu 21-Feb-19 21:41:17

Have you spoken to your hv

MummyofTw0 Thu 21-Feb-19 21:42:25

No I haven't spoken to my HV

My feelings have slowly crept up on me x

SofaSurfer20 Thu 21-Feb-19 21:43:44

This could be post natal depression. Has it started during pregnancy or not long after your new baby as born? X

MummyofTw0 Thu 21-Feb-19 21:47:21

I would probably say the past 2 months

Baby is 5m old now xx

mineofuselessinformation Thu 21-Feb-19 21:53:23

I'd say either depression or a deficiency of some kind.
Go and see your GP and tell them how you're feeling.
Either way, it's nothing to be ashamed of (if you are worrying about that), and you could soon be feeling better.

SecretRed Thu 21-Feb-19 22:10:36

My youngest is 7 so not post natal but I've been feeling as you describe in the last few months. GP diagnosed anxiety (GAD).

I'd make an appointment, I feel better already just for knowing why I'm feeling like this.

SofaSurfer20 Fri 22-Feb-19 18:02:46

Head to docs and have a chat. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »