Talk

Advanced search

To be worried about my Fly Be flights

(14 Posts)
tigwig76 Mon 18-Feb-19 12:56:41

I know its Fly Bmi that's gone into administration but I've also read that Fly be are possibly in trouble too. I've booked to go to Disneyland Paris with them in May. Everything booked and paid for separately (with credit card). If I cant rebook flights will travel insurance pay if it's all to be cancelled? We're talking about airport hotel, transfers, tickets the lot!

DippyAvocado Mon 18-Feb-19 13:00:30

You should be refunded if you paid by credit card although there would not be compensation for increased costs of rebooking the holiday.

badlydrawnperson Mon 18-Feb-19 13:02:16

AFAIK this will depend on your travel insurance policy wording.

Runwayqueen Mon 18-Feb-19 15:03:03

The Flybe sale is meant to go through by 22nd Feb so once that has happened your flights are safe. If the sale doesn't go through then it will depend on your travel insurance.

Tomtontom Mon 18-Feb-19 15:08:42

@DippyAvocado If the flights were over £100 each then the OP has s. 75 cover. This means they will be covered for the cost of new flights, including any increase in cost.

HannaSong Mon 18-Feb-19 15:13:14

we're in the same situation (exact same actually - Disney Paris in May smile )

Most travel insurance should cover - but hopefully sale will go through in couple of days

Polarbearflavour Mon 18-Feb-19 15:27:38

I’m using Flybe in April.

It would be a real shame if another regional airline goes under! They have 8 million passengers a year. Flybe are a major player at Birmingham and Manchester and THE main airline at Exeter.

tigwig76 Mon 18-Feb-19 16:43:01

Will insurance pay for increased costs if have to rebook with another airline? Its Direct Line travel insurance. I wasnt expecting that but I haven't had chance to phone yet.

BritInUS1 Mon 18-Feb-19 16:46:00

They won't cover increased costs to rebook

MereDintofPandiculation Mon 18-Feb-19 17:59:15

Travel insurance doesn't always cover insolvency - you need to check the policy wording. You can get specific policies for airline insolvency, which will not only cover cost of flight but also any hotels etc that you've pre-booked and won't be able to use if your airline goes bust. Whether you could insure now for a company which is already thought to be in trouble is another matter.

CottonSock Mon 18-Feb-19 18:00:29

I'll be sad if they go, main provider at my local airport

TeddyIsaHe Mon 18-Feb-19 18:10:02

I’m flying with them on Thursday and Sunday, so I bloody hope the sale goes through!

Runwayqueen Thu 21-Feb-19 21:08:11

Flybe was sold today to Connect Airways, so your flights are safe smile They aren't altering any flights/schedules until October

havingtochangeusernameagain Thu 21-Feb-19 21:14:48

Has the sale gone through - the last I heard was that some shareholders were playing silly buggers about it? We are going to the Channel Islands in July and I decided to book with BA from Gatwick, although we usually prefer Flybe from Southampton - more convenient for us. Anyway it's good news if it has been sold because they are very important for regional links, especially to the CI and the Isle of Man.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »