Talk

Advanced search

is this a burn?

(65 Posts)
Mar19901 Sun 17-Feb-19 00:05:40

Please see pic below. been i hospital with Ds for 10 days now got discharged late last night came home bathed and put ds to sleep didnt notice anything. this morning changed his clothes etc again nothing about 11am ds wet his top so went to change it notice the pic below. to me initially it looked like a burn but impossible as ds literally hasnt been out of the bed all day he still not 100% no heaters in room apart from central heating which was turned of about 10am this morninv but again not hot enough to scald him. took him walk in centre they said its a burn at least 2 days old which is now very infected. when i said it cant be burn i was told it is a burn definitely and if i didnt know when it occured could anyone have physically burnt him? aibu for the doctor to have suggested this and for those of u wondering his dad is working away atm and he has had no outside contact since we come back from hospital.

Mar19901 Sun 17-Feb-19 00:06:55

cant seem to upload pic

sleepylittlebunnies Sun 17-Feb-19 00:11:38

Will be clearer once the pic is up but could it be a chemical burn?

Mar19901 Sun 17-Feb-19 00:14:12

trying everything to get pic up. any advice when i press post it says success yet no pic is actually uploaded
he really hasnt been around anything chemical wise his not been him self still really lethargic.

peachgreen Sun 17-Feb-19 00:16:52

Have you just registered? I don't think new users can post pictures. Sorry to hear your son has been so unwell.

Smartieshavetheanswer Sun 17-Feb-19 08:00:59

Whereabouts is the mark? How big? What shape? Colour?

Mar19901 Sun 17-Feb-19 10:49:46

pic

Mar19901 Sun 17-Feb-19 10:50:54

was able to upload from laptop not from phone

WTFIsAGleepglorp Sun 17-Feb-19 10:54:39

If that rash is spreading, get him back to a doctor asap.

GreatDuckCookery6211 Sun 17-Feb-19 10:55:31

Could it be his name tag that has done this?
OP I would get it looked at today personally, it appears infected. Poor DS.

Thatsnotmyotter Sun 17-Feb-19 10:56:21

Yes definitely get that looked at, it looks really nasty.

AnneOfCleavage Sun 17-Feb-19 10:58:43

If it's at least two days old and he's just been discharged from hospital I'd be telling the Dr that.

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Sun 17-Feb-19 11:07:04

Draw around the edge of the discoloured area in biro (to monitor spread). Have you been prescribed antibiotics? Why was ds in hospital and what type of ward was he on?
Agree initial wound could be a small scratch from name band but if so it’s a very aggressive infection. Personally I’d go to A&E.

bobstersmum Sun 17-Feb-19 11:08:04

Well if the Dr said it's at least 2 days old, you were in hospital with him then so you need to take him back to the ward you were on, show them and ask if they have any idea what caused it?

U2HasTheEdge Sun 17-Feb-19 11:08:58

You got it looked at yesterday, is that right?

If you are still worried about it or aren't happy with the GPs explanation, which I wouldn't be, I would go back for a 2nd opinion.

U2HasTheEdge Sun 17-Feb-19 11:11:35

Actually, looking again I think I would take him to A&E. You can't be too careful with infections and that is a very bad one.

Mar19901 Sun 17-Feb-19 11:19:10

Hi thank you all for your reply it looks exactly the same today. he already on long term antibiotics which the WIC dr said would cover the infection he also gave an antibiotic cream and told me to keep it dressed to avoid further infection. He was adamant its a burn and i did explain i was in hospital with him and at no point did he leave my lap not even to lay in the cot so unsure as to how it could jave happened.

was in hospital due to Ds long term respiratory issues which lead to him having IV antibiotics for 7 days.

in terms of the name band this was on his right arm but the bruise/burn is on the left arm.

peachgreen Sun 17-Feb-19 12:40:12

Holy shit, that's awful. Something must have caused it. I would absolutely be back at the hospital asking questions.

NutElla5x Sun 17-Feb-19 13:04:12

Omg that looks awful! And how can it be a two day old burn when the hospital staff didn't notice it and neither did you until today? I'd definitely be seeking a second opinion. Is it sore,itchy or anything op?

Mar19901 Sun 17-Feb-19 13:18:49

it looks sore very hot to touch but otherwise he being himself doesnt seem to be in pain or anything think i am going to be putting a call in to hospital.

YogaWannabe Sun 17-Feb-19 13:23:14

Oh my god that looks dreadful!
Has your DS any idea how he got it?

NutElla5x Sun 17-Feb-19 13:39:04

Good for you. Let us know the verdict op. Good luck.

FiveRedBricks Sun 17-Feb-19 13:43:51

Tbh OP if they're not more forthcoming I'd be calling the police to investigate who or what burned your kid.

ThreeAnkleBiters Sun 17-Feb-19 13:44:09

I would definitely have it seen today. I'd call 111 to get advice as to where you should take him.

Treble9 Sun 17-Feb-19 13:49:05

If they're saying it's a 2 day old burn then he sustained that burn whilst in hospital. Were you with him literally all the time? Or were there times that you weren't there? I would be contacting the patient advice and liasion service immediately with the details and to be asking quite how he could sustain an injury like that whilst there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: