Talk

Advanced search

Is this infected? Pic.

(34 Posts)
houselikeashed Sat 16-Feb-19 23:38:54

Had to stick my arm into a prickly shrub jungle yesterday and got lots of scratches. Dh thinks I need to go to gp and get antibiotics as it’s infected. What do you reckon?

MitziK Sun 17-Feb-19 11:44:37

Might be worth checking the Bloody Dog out for any prickles in his paws, ears or face.

Odds are that he's absolutely fine because it's all his fault, but tiny prickles from things like Wild Rose can do horrid expensive things to animals as well if they're left in the fur/skin.

Dinsey70 Sun 17-Feb-19 11:48:48

Is your tetanus jab up to date OP?

sirmione16 Sun 17-Feb-19 11:50:47

I'd go to a pharmacist too just in case

beefthief Sun 17-Feb-19 11:52:49

I'm a doctor, and I think it could need an amputation. Get to A&E in the next few minutes or it could be all over for you.

BlackeyedGruesome Sun 17-Feb-19 11:53:17

Soak in hot salt water three times a day, put sudocreme on in between times. Looks like your body is fighting a minor infection.

If it gets a lot worse or any signs of flu like symptoms see a Dr asap.

MrMeSeeks Sun 17-Feb-19 12:31:36

Not infected, germolene

Smotheroffive Sun 17-Feb-19 14:13:47

I ask as some bushes can cause problems if the prickles get on your skin, apart from that I wouldnt be worries and would expect it to go down, as long as you gave it a good wash after to make sure it was clean.

houselikeashed Sun 17-Feb-19 17:52:23

Ok. So I’ve taken antihistamine and have been putting antiseptic cream on.

WinterfellWench Sun 17-Feb-19 19:03:35

Looks a bit better OP. Like it's scabbing over a bit. It looked more inflamed last night. Keep taking the anti h, and putting the cream on....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »