Talk

Advanced search

To ask what your 'secret' thoughts...

(206 Posts)
Smotheroffive Sat 16-Feb-19 15:20:10

....are? I have been watching Pure. It's got me thinking. For any not aware, its pure O, as in ocd, but without necessarily enacting compulsions (like repeatedly washing hands, opening/closing doors, routinely associated with OCD)
So, people have all sorts of fantasies they wouldn't want to act out IRL.
Also, think things that they wouldn't actually do, or want to see, like in Pure, seeing intrusive images of people naked, or erotically engaged.

Would IBU to ask yours?

Smotheroffive Sat 16-Feb-19 15:59:19

Clearly IABVU! grin

SummerHouse Sat 16-Feb-19 16:05:16

I used to have intrusive thoughts when DS was born. Confessed to partner and he was horrified asking why I would utter such an awful thing. I kept imagining accidentally putting him in the washing machine. It was such a real fear at the time.

I also get the urge to jump when on a ledge, cliff, bridge... This is a common thing apparently and not anything to do with state of mind.

SummerHouse Sat 16-Feb-19 16:06:49

Oh and I sometimes think how easy it would be to get away with murder. But I never would... grin

Janethevirgo Sat 16-Feb-19 16:07:38

I wish I could go to bed one night and just not wake back up. I’d never admit that to anyone irl because to the outside world I have a semi decent life but there’s not an hour of the day that passes where I’m not filled with self hate

ShirleyPhallus Sat 16-Feb-19 16:09:55

Oh god is this normal?! I always think of creative ways of dying / those around me dying. I definitely don’t want to but do think about it!

Laiste Sat 16-Feb-19 16:11:35

When i can't get on our drive the spot where i park has a storm drain with a wide grill and i always glance down and get this urge to chuck my car keys straight down it shockconfused

I get an almost irresistible urge to kick people up the arse if they're in my way when out and about. I have to actively stop thinking about it and worry that i actually might do it one day.

(is this what you mean?)

anitagreen Sat 16-Feb-19 16:11:55

@ShirleyPhallus this is normal I get them all the time weird intrusive thoughts like oh what if I die today? What about if I hurt someone? I'm the most gentle person you'd probably ever meet they used to terrify me now I know they are just intrusive thoughts, apparently 98% of people get them x

Laiste Sat 16-Feb-19 16:12:19

Janethevirgo flowers

dartitus Sat 16-Feb-19 16:13:19

I sometimes fantasise about what I would do to people who are peadophiles or rapists - torture wise.

FissionChip5 Sat 16-Feb-19 16:14:29

I just have random words and phrases that repeat in my mind.

frenchonion Sat 16-Feb-19 16:14:30

People I love dying. I imagine the death right through to the funeral.

Also offensive thoughts. My brain sometimes goes to the most offensive place in response to things people say, and I worry I'm going to say it aloud, even though those views are not my own if you know what I mean. It's like I've got a little frankie Boyle living inside my head!

cece Sat 16-Feb-19 16:17:19

I get the urge to side ram other cars when I'm driving in at least two lanes of traffic.

SummerHouse Sat 16-Feb-19 16:17:21

Janethevirgo here's hoping you learn to love yourself one day. Wish I could say something helpful but sometimes there just isn't anything that can help. brew

sirmione16 Sat 16-Feb-19 16:19:19

Yep. Mine is driving along and sometimes thinking about going off a bridge or into something. Weirdest feeling .

TheShiteRunner Sat 16-Feb-19 16:22:30

YY to the whole dying thing. I think about it in a vengeful way tbh- I like to imagine how upset and guilty my horrible ex would be blush
When I'm depressed, I get horrible intrusive thoughts about being beaten up and kicked. It's awful but I know myself well enough to know that when these thoughts start up, I know I need help.

A less sad one is that I always think about throwing my tea or coffee over whoever I'm with. Not that I dislike them- I just think about it and hope I never actually do it.

Cheeeeislifenow Sat 16-Feb-19 16:24:34

I suffer from intrusive thoughts. It's not pleasant. It used to be directed at ds as I was anxious and had pnd.
Now it's directed towards feelings f self harm at myself.
I won't say specifically it's not pleasant.

SeeMoreStars Sat 16-Feb-19 16:24:48

My secret thought is that I want to fuck till he can't stand up a certain single male colleague of my acquaintance (and I am married) blush

SummerHouse Sat 16-Feb-19 16:25:13

I always think about throwing my tea or coffee over whoever I'm with.

...think I have just picked up a new thing. grin

Cheeeeislifenow Sat 16-Feb-19 16:26:36

I also think about my children dying and I feel genuine grief and really upset myself aren't our brains odd.

Abibranning Sat 16-Feb-19 16:29:57

I have unusual thoughts not like the programme but intrusive. But they all end up the same wondering if people can really read minds, what on earth do they think of meblush

justmeandthisstateifmind Sat 16-Feb-19 16:30:28

YANBU I remember the first time I suffered with an intrusive thought at it was an awful time of my life, now I understand what it is but when I was younger it was awful a real low point 💔

anitagreen Sat 16-Feb-19 16:41:08

I think the reason why they scare us is because you feel like YOU'VE come up with the thought but you haven't it's just an intrusive thought,
if I read something awful online I worry what if I do that? It's fucking annoying and sometimes makes me so anxious and nervous it's a struggle but I'm coping better now,
it's good that people are so open about what thoughts they get , to know it's so common and normal, before I wouldn't tell anyone incase it was just me who suffered. Our brains are weird but they also amuse me sometimes too.

Treefloof Sat 16-Feb-19 16:49:50

Well if your sure you want to know.
There are hot water geysers at work and I often want to drink the water straight from one.
When I was a child (terrible childhood) I wanted to be abducted and killed.
There are more but will gauge the reaction first

justmeandthisstateifmind Sat 16-Feb-19 17:02:10

Agree it's very bad for my anxiety

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: