Talk

Advanced search

AIBU about holiday?

(10 Posts)
aconfud Sat 16-Feb-19 00:56:15

My partner and I have just separated, he had left the family home. There are currently no formal child care plans in place, and the majority of our relationship I’ve done 99% of the child rearing. He has often been unreliable. However, he wants to take them abroad with his family in 3 months time.
I don’t feel comfortable with this - for a number of reasons - however he has parental responsibility so I’m unsure I can stop him.

RainbowMum11 Sat 16-Feb-19 00:58:28

How old are the children & how long is the holiday?

SleepingStandingUp Sat 16-Feb-19 00:59:20

And to where?

nugget900 Sat 16-Feb-19 00:59:34

Fight for custody

aconfud Sat 16-Feb-19 01:00:12

The children are 5 & 2, holiday to Spain for a week.

SleepingStandingUp Sat 16-Feb-19 01:00:47

Are you concerned he won't return them? Won't come back to this country?

Are you concerned they'll not cope without you?

Are you pissed off he can afford to do this, is willing to do this but day to day does bugger all?

Reallyevilmuffin Sat 16-Feb-19 01:03:32

Are you resenting him being the fun time only parent?

aconfud Sat 16-Feb-19 01:06:59

While yes I am slightly pissed off that ‘flexible’ agreement with the kids (he seems them as an when suits him), I am concerned about the girls being in a different country.
More often than not visits to his family have resulted in huge arguments, especially with him being heavily involved - we even got kicked out of the house on a visit once as a result.

MrsTerryPratcett Sat 16-Feb-19 01:24:24

It's shitty and unfair but are they safe with him? Emotionally and physically.

aconfud Sat 16-Feb-19 01:59:49

Physically yes, emotionally no.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »