Talk

Advanced search

To feel my flatmate is being selfish

(6 Posts)
cherryblossomgrrrl Mon 11-Feb-19 23:10:38

I should say that I get on well with my flatmate. We have been friends for about five years and have been living together for about two years. We also are lucky to have quite a large flat so we do have our own space mostly.

She's mostly a great flatmate but there's a big issue - she commandeers most of the flat when she has her girlfriend over, has really loud sex and I feel unable to be in the flat when they are there for this reason. This has been something that has been going on for a while prior to when she started seeing this girl. She was seeing a guy before and always insisted on having him over at our flat and again, taking over most of the flat, even having sex on the dining table and on the couch when I was in the flat. The worst was when I had just been dumped several months ago and was devastated and she still had him over, saying it was fine and that they wouldn't being my way despite the fact I was with another friend, crying and saying that I didn't think I could really be around a stranger just then.

I feel like I'm coming across as an awful prude and that is not the case. I just don't like feeling trapped in my room, unable to sleep because of the loud shagging and feeling like I'm in the way when it is my home too.

7yo7yo Tue 12-Feb-19 00:06:16

She’s disgusting.
I’d be looking for a new place or kicking her out if the tenancy is in your name.

PresidentHump Tue 12-Feb-19 00:07:20

That sounds miserable op. One of you needs to go .

pictish Tue 12-Feb-19 00:08:32

Oh she’s a selfish bint...yuck. Yanbu.

NorthernBirdAtHeart Tue 12-Feb-19 00:09:41

Yep selfish

MidniteScribbler Tue 12-Feb-19 07:14:20

Why do people put up with this?

"Oi, fuck off into your bedroom and shut the hell up. Two of us live here, so keep your skanky arse off the dining table."

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »