Talk

Advanced search

To ask about pranks you've played?

(47 Posts)
Mummyto2munchkins Thu 07-Feb-19 19:33:54

Lighthearted thread.

What fun pranks have you played on someone?

My previous clinical director was always making jokes.. So I brought a 'fake' scratchcard and left it in a Christmas envelope on his desk. On the back it said how to redeem it and as we had an Irish girl working there he was convinced it was her as it said about a leprechaun.

So have any of you guys done any fun pranks?

cardibach Thu 07-Feb-19 19:37:25

Since I was a kid? None.
They aren’t funny.

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Thu 07-Feb-19 19:39:49

confused

TyrionsNextWife Thu 07-Feb-19 19:41:33

I didn’t think people still gave out those awful fake scratch cards. It’s horrible to see folk get so excited about life changing amounts of money just to find out it was a ‘joke’ sad

gamerchick Thu 07-Feb-19 19:42:26

My friend put a banger in a cig and when I smoked down to it, it blew up in my face.

There's no such thing as a fun prank.

confusedandemployed Thu 07-Feb-19 19:43:50

I've got to say, I'm not a fan of practical jokes. So none.

BoinkboinkBOINKBOINK Thu 07-Feb-19 19:43:50

YABU

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Thu 07-Feb-19 19:45:02

Fake scratch card sound horrid.

Last prank I did was in my 20's (so about 30 years ago) with my then husband. We were staying at a swanky hotel on valentines week-end and there were lots and lots of loved up couples there.

At night, nearly everyone had put their ticket outside on the door handle with their request for breakfast in bed and what they wanted. Me and hubby went down the corridor and ticked the "kippers" option on every one of them . I'm laughing now just reliving it.

cardibach Thu 07-Feb-19 19:47:17

You sound hilarious NotSuch hmm

YetAnotherUser Thu 07-Feb-19 19:47:18

I stuck a 2nd mouse into the back of my boss's pc and gave it a wiggle on my desk every now and again.

Drove him absolutely batty for a few months.

DoJo Thu 07-Feb-19 19:48:44

I'd struggle to forgive anyone who tricked me into thinking I'd won lots of money when I hadn't. I can't see the humour in that kind of cruelty.

DareDevil223 Thu 07-Feb-19 21:13:33

I haven't played any. I don't find that sort of humour funny at all. It's just mean and childish.

EvaHarknessRose Thu 07-Feb-19 21:18:29

I'd swing for anyone who ruined my swanky hotel breakfast

VeraWangTwang Thu 07-Feb-19 21:32:34

There was a lady on here a couple of years ago who had the same 'prank' played on her. She had promised her grandchildren a trip to Disney Land based on the money she'd won. She was devistated when she discovered the 'joke'
Grow up

LiGlitterBug Thu 07-Feb-19 21:39:04

I’m an EYFS teacher and love making ‘additions’ to my KS2 colleague’s displays e.g. a Toy Story alien peeping out on her Space display, a picture of Fred Flintstone on the Stone Age or a sunbathing Happyland figure into her Coastal one.
It makes us both smile, especially if she doesn’t notice for a while, and the kids enjoy it too!

MissLanesAmericanCousin Thu 07-Feb-19 22:01:37

It was around Halloween, maybe about a week before, and my ex and I still shared the apartment.

We were sitting in the living room watching television, and I kept moaning about how I wasn't feeling well, I started coughing. I also grabbed my stomach like it was in pain. This went on for a few minutes. I finally excused myself to the loo. I closed the door and that's when the fun really started.

I had 3 fake blood capsules and cracked them open in my mouth. I also coughed loudly and made loud heaving sounds into the toilet so the water was bright red too. grin I also made sure the blood had both dripped down my face and top and a few splashed onto the floor. I also wiped some of the blood away from my mouth so it smeared for maximum effect. I waited for my moment.

I started crying loudly in the bathroom and made myself hyperventilate. I called his name over and over. Screaming it at the top of my lungs. I rushed into the living room. He said "What the!" And all the colour drained from his face. His eyes were as big as saucers. I kept telling him, "I don't know what's wrong with me! What's wrong with me!"

I directed him into the loo, and showed him the copious amount of fake blood swirling in the toilet. As he was trying to get over his shock and figure out what to do, I let out a devilish laugh.

Happy Halloween Ya big Dork! grin

Even, he, thought it was funny.

Alfiesmom74 Thu 07-Feb-19 22:16:22

A colleague had ordered her son one of these small mini motorbikes off a well known internet auction site. After a week she was getting worried as she hadn’t really read the sellers description properly and didn’t think to look at the size of it. I bought a tiny (about 3” high) plastic motorbike and took it down to our stores and packing department and asked them to pack it up and print out courier labels with her name on. The following day the chap from packing bought the parcel up and told her she had had a delivery come via courier. The look on her face when she opened it was priceless. We kept it going all day and she was saying what a waste of £80. When we told her luckily she saw the funny side and the bike come 2 days later and it was perfect size for her lad!

FruminousBandersnatch Thu 07-Feb-19 22:29:33

The kippers one is hilarious!

Bluesrunthegame Thu 07-Feb-19 22:34:10

We told a lodger we had that the kitchen sink was blocked and it was something to do with her. We told her at the front door when she got in. We led her to the kitchen looking all serious and it was indeed blocked, but with a huge bouquet of flowers her boyfriend had sent her earlier in the day.

AlpacaPicnic Fri 08-Feb-19 01:33:38

We nicked our friends gloves out of his coat pocket one day, and I stitched them onto a length of elastic then threaded them through his coat sleeves, like kids used to have in infant school.

One day we shrink wrapped his gym clothes into a neat tiny parcel.

Set up a really really inappropriate book display based around Fifty Shades and similar titles... Gave my boss a bit of a start! Had to hurriedly remove it before we opened the library smile

MissLanesAmericanCousin Sun 10-Feb-19 19:09:15

AlpacaPicnic My favourite is the gloves one! I would have loved to have seen that! grin

Shrink wrapping his gym clothes is funny too!

Hell, they're all funny! So, you work at a library? I used to work at Borders and I worked at a second hand bookstore. That's where I met my husband. Book store people are fun! I imagine it is the same for Librarians! smile

InvisibleToEveryone Sun 10-Feb-19 19:39:26

Had a colleague who was always doing silly pranks, swapped the computer icons around, so we shut down our terminal instead of it opening an application, turned the computer off at the mains made people think they'd broken as they wouldn't switch on.

So one day I hid his car!
His face was brilliant, he was so confused.

Pinchycrab Sun 10-Feb-19 19:45:35

Colleagues at an old job would change Word document settings to 'autocomplete' certain words as they were typed (useful function if you're writing essays etc) so if they typed e.g. 'as' it changed it to 'arse'. These were important legal documents too - I had childish colleagues...

Babdoc Sun 10-Feb-19 19:50:48

My old boss used to like playing jokes on April Fools Day. We were U.K. anaesthetists, but some of our equipment was made by an American company called Spacelabs. We also used to regularly order soda lime crystals to absorb CO2, from another firm.
On April 1st, the boss sent a stores requisition form to the clerk in our hospital, requesting “1kg of dilithium crystals”, from Spacelabs.
The poor girl actually phoned Spacelabs in the US, to say she didn’t have an order code for dilithium crystals!
Their rep, smothering his laughter, asked whose signature was on the form.
She carefully read out: “Captain James T Kirk” - before the penny finally dropped!

tillytoodles1 Sun 10-Feb-19 19:57:55

We received a new remote control when we updated our SKY. Our SIL sat at the other side of the room and he kept changing channels while my H was watching TV. H kept picking up the new remote looking very puzzled.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »