Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to share your weird, irrational, petty hatreds?

(716 Posts)
WickedWitchInTheCupboard Thu 07-Feb-19 14:28:31

I'll start...

It's incredibly immature and irrational but there is a certain (fairly common) name I cannot stand purely because it's the name of both a girl who bullied me when I was young and DHs ex, who is difficult.

I literally hate any mention of this name and automatically dislike anyone with it (ok, not really but in my head for a few moments I do!).

Another less petty but more bizarre one is that I HATE the tops of bottle caps scraping on my nails. It makes me want to be sick. Shuddering thinking about it right now!

Anyone else got any weird/petty/irrational dislikes?

easyandy101 Thu 07-Feb-19 14:32:18

Wet cutlery makes me very angry

Pk37 Thu 07-Feb-19 14:33:41

When my the cuffs of my sleeves get wet or my socks .. also Charlotte Crosby.

CallMeSirShotsFired Thu 07-Feb-19 14:33:53

The smell of cold tea - makes me gag.

Pk37 Thu 07-Feb-19 14:34:18

When the ! Should also add Autocorrect..

CallMeSirShotsFired Thu 07-Feb-19 14:35:13

Those fucking meerkats and people who collect them.
People who say "simples" like those fucking meerkats.

I really detest those meerkats.

BartonHollow Thu 07-Feb-19 14:38:21

A particular football team because all the bullies at school ardently supported them I wish them naught but failure so those boys are miserable blush

HowlsMovingBungalow Thu 07-Feb-19 14:38:23

Excessive cup stirrers.
Wet bendy fingernails.

ElfridaEtAl Thu 07-Feb-19 14:38:40

@Pk37 OH was watching The Charlotte Show (hmm) the other day and I didn't used to mind her but that bloody voice she puts on when she's faux upset about something! I can't stand it.

ChrisPrattsFace Thu 07-Feb-19 14:39:05

I can’t cope when someone says ‘claws’ ... it infuriates me.
I’m a vet nurse, I will happily clip your dogs nails, but I’m not cutting your dogs claws.

BartonHollow Thu 07-Feb-19 14:40:41

Also I know I'm in the minority but I hate humour that involves bodily functions.

I know it makes me seem like a prig with a stick up my arse but I can't find it funny because it involuntarily makes me physically nauseous. I don't mean to be humourless blush

iklboo Thu 07-Feb-19 14:43:21

When the sleeve of my jumper / cardi catches on the door handle

CruCru Thu 07-Feb-19 14:43:28

I absolutely hate being tickled. I am not ticklish, it just makes me angry.

I can’t stand chewing gum and judge people who are chewing.

Yidette86 Thu 07-Feb-19 14:44:04

Snapchat... Annoys the hell out of me when people post pictures of themselves with them filters, even more so when they do it on babies.

CruCru Thu 07-Feb-19 14:44:51

I’ve always hated the saxophone. It’s something about the sound. I feel that way about the clarinet too to some extent.

Lambbone Thu 07-Feb-19 14:45:36

Anna Chancellor

I simply can't bear to look at her.

Don't know the woman at all - she just has a face that annoys me beyond all reason.

CruCru Thu 07-Feb-19 14:45:57

Yes! There’s a woman on FB (possibly doing MLM) who only takes photos through a filter. She keeps saying how healthy she is but it looks like she’s been airbrushed.

NaiceHamPlease Thu 07-Feb-19 14:47:22

Machines that beep insessantly when finished, no need to goad me until I attend to the dry clothes/clean dishes or what ever.... I know your there. It fills me equally with rage and anxiety.

Waterbottle1999 Thu 07-Feb-19 14:49:06

People who get in the way when I'm going shopping. The unreasonable part of me would love for people to clear out while I'm shopping. Obviously that doesnt happen though

llangennith Thu 07-Feb-19 14:52:59

ChrisPrattsFace dogs have claws not nails! Ever heard of a dew claw?

SileneOliveira Thu 07-Feb-19 14:53:10

People who clap along in time to music like fucking performing seals.

JayoftheRed Thu 07-Feb-19 14:55:53

Long finger nails. I hate them.

I hate them on myself, and cut my finger nails weekly. I hate them on men, they look weird. I hate it when my children's nails are long, and I don't want to touch them or hold their hand until they allow me to cut them. I hate it when women type with the nails (looking at you Karen) instead of the pads of their fingers, and I hate it when they're fake and are growing out and there's like half an inch of real nail sticking out from under the false one. Also I hate them all painted in stupid colours.

Yes, I realise that I am utterly unreasonable.

YouAreKiddingMoi Thu 07-Feb-19 14:56:06

People who sniff... get a tissue and blow!

People who shuffle... pick up your feet!

FreshBoomBatImaTouchIt Thu 07-Feb-19 14:56:52

I've stopped patronising my local cafe as they use the words "Nourishing" and "Properties" on the menu now.

StopMakingAFoolOutofMe Thu 07-Feb-19 14:58:22

Minions. Those yellow little bastards are so annoying.

People who have my name in a real life situation. Extremely childish I know, but I hated working with another "my name" and was glad when she left. It's MY name grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: