Talk

Advanced search

Am I pregnant?

(12 Posts)
Chaos4 Sat 02-Feb-19 13:29:33

Never conceived before, I was supposed to ovulate around the 22nd of Jan but didn’t do my ovulation test that week as I was away on holiday with my partner. I’m not dye my period until 5th Feb but I had some weird abdominal pain yesterday morning in 3 sessions, nothing since an I’ve been fine. Taken a pregnancy test this morning and had a faint positive and another one just now and same with a faint positivity. It’s an early detection one 10mlU/ml. Does that mean I’m pregnant? Not sure if I can post photos on here to show you all for your thoughts as I’m new here. Thank you.

namechanger2019 Sat 02-Feb-19 13:31:01

Yes, if you have a positive pregnant test you are pregnant. Congratulations.

Funnyface1 Sat 02-Feb-19 13:38:28

Even a faint positive means you're pregnant. I had faint positives way before my period was due so if you're due on the 5th a sensitive test can definitely be picking it up.

EmUntitled Sat 02-Feb-19 13:51:46

False positives are very rare. 2 false positives is very very unlikely. You are almost certainly pregnancy, congrats!

Barbie222 Sat 02-Feb-19 13:52:21

Yes, congratulations, all the best!

Chaos4 Sat 02-Feb-19 13:54:36

Can I post photos here just to double check? If so how do o do it? Thank you xx

Cookz Sat 23-Feb-19 15:56:36

I have a similar problem, I tested 5 days before my period was due and got a faint positive. I was due on my period yesterday and no sign! I have been testing like a crazy women but all negatives since. Is this possible?

TeeniefaeTroon Sat 23-Feb-19 16:26:46

@Cookz that happened with my first pregnancy, I eventually had to get a blood test to confirm as the pregnancy tests kept showing negative after the first faint positive.

Cookz Sat 23-Feb-19 16:38:56

Thank you for replying. I felt like I was going crazy! Did you have to have many blood tests or did the first come back positive?

TeeniefaeTroon Fri 01-Mar-19 23:46:30

The first blood test came back positive but it was about a week after my first faint positive stick.

TheDarkPassenger Sat 02-Mar-19 00:18:33

Mine was really faint I thought it was wrong... I was 10 weeks pregnant! Doctor told me a positive is a positive!

Still managed to go to 13 weeks with the next one without realising... some people just don’t learn!

Congratulations!

Nothinglefttochoose Sat 02-Mar-19 06:10:15

Why is this on AIBU?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: