Talk

Advanced search

PAN/PANDAS

(5 Posts)
Haffiana Sat 02-Feb-19 13:01:26

Posting here for traffic because I have never heard of this. I guess my AIBU is that this should be far, better known in the UK and in fact shouted from the rooftops. How many children are being completely misdiagnosed?

PAN is Paediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome.

Here is a link to a BBC News article that explains the basics:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-46989099

Haffiana Sat 02-Feb-19 14:12:03

Or is this a complete non-issue to most people?

FrozenYogurt Wed 06-Mar-19 14:06:54

I've found this thread after a search. Are you directly affected by PANDAS or just interested?
I think my son might have this.

Chickychoccyegg Wed 06-Mar-19 14:19:52

i have a good friend who's dd has this, all funding in her area has recently been cut for the treatment she was receiving which was making a huge difference, she is having to home school and as a single parent, she isnt able to work , i had never heard of this until a couple of years ago when she was diagnosed, sometimes her dd can barely walk, has severe ticks etc, this came from having no symptoms at all and being very active.

FrozenYogurt Wed 06-Mar-19 18:29:03

How do they treat it? So many of his symptoms point to this but then maybe I'm reading too much into it and hoping to diagnose what is just bad/odd behaviour.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: