Talk

Advanced search

In thinking...

(6 Posts)
mother2b Tue 03-Jul-07 08:58:02

...that if you are having severe stomach cramps and you're pregnant then the hospital should check on the baby!

i had to go to hospital on thurs and the staff werent going to check on the baby, the only reason they checked its heartbeat is because we asked them to

surely if they have the equipement then they should do all they can to put the expectant mothers minds at rest???

can you beleive they would leave extremely hormonal and emotional woman to just stew over whether or not something has happened to their baby!

sfxmum Tue 03-Jul-07 09:12:41

that is upsetting is your gp available?

lulumama Tue 03-Jul-07 09:14:44

did you go to the antenatal ward?

am surprised you were not monitored, and that there were no checks to make sure not in labour

dionnelorraine Tue 03-Jul-07 09:15:55

NHS are shite arnt they!!!

My dd dislocated her elbow and she had to wait for an hour while they saw drunk people that had been fighting 1st!!!

My DD was still crying in pain. She is only 2!!

mother2b Tue 03-Jul-07 09:48:01

went to hosp because was at work and to go to doctors then to hosp then home would have been a 80/100 mile round trip for my mum (DP doesnt drive)
ended up going to differant hosp on the sat and seen by a better doctor, sounded like he knew what he was doing!

mother2b Tue 03-Jul-07 09:54:21

if fact, this made me laugh, after explaining everything to work who explained to ambulance men on phone, then i epxplained everything to amulance crew in ambulance then to nurse, each time explaining very clearly that i was PREGNANT! (i thought it to be a very important factor) the doctor cam in reading all the nots from ambulance crew etc, listen to my symptoms and turned around and said "could you be pregnant" urm, well, duh!!!
then when i told him i was he said "are you sure", urm yeah, i have the scans right here!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now