Talk

Advanced search

Cafcass interview advice please

(6 Posts)
user1496231209 Thu 24-Jan-19 12:37:03

Posting here for traffic

I have my telephone interview with cafcass tomorrow and looking for advice please
My daughter is 5 months old and her dad hasn't seen her since she was 6 weeks old due to his own actions. He was three hours late returning her to my care, proceeded to verbally abuse me and has since then made my life hell with various false allegations to SS, the police, my health visitor, benefits and court itself as he has applied for a non-mol against me.

I want him to have contact but it has to be safe for my DD and for me, im going to suggest that contact is reestablished over a 6 week period starting with supported contact for 2 hours and increasing by an hour every week. After six weeks contact can move onto unsupported for the 7 hours a week he wants. I also want residency granted as I don't believe for a second he will bring her home.

What do I put across in my interview? I don't want to be seen as bashing him but he's using our daughter to emotionally abuse me as he knows about my anxiety and has made up horrendous lies about me to SS (he's even sent texts to himself threatening to kill myself and DD and claimed them to be from me).

How do I approach the interview?

[Edited by MNHQ to remove names]

userschmoozer Thu 24-Jan-19 12:38:22

Why do you want him to have contact? Why are you so worried about being seen as critical of him?

user1496231209 Thu 24-Jan-19 12:40:33

I know he'll get contact so I want to be seen as reasonable or they might just give everything he's asking.

I've read that Im seen as critical they hate that

user1496231209 Thu 24-Jan-19 12:41:23

He's made me out to be an abusive mother who is mentally unfit so I don't want them to think I've just got a vendetta against him

Evidencebased Thu 24-Jan-19 12:49:57

Op, sorry you're having a hard time, sorry I don't have helpful advice.
You might want to report your own first post, and ask MNHQ to remove the identifying name.

Mami16 Tue 05-Mar-19 16:52:54

Hi OP I'm going through something similar at the moment where my ex wants our baby and toddler 50/50. Cafcass will now be appointed and will hear from them soon.

Any advice?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »