Talk

Advanced search

Please please let me have a 2 minute rant and not be told stop feeling sorry for myself!

(7 Posts)
directline Sat 30-Jun-07 21:06:44

I feel I am really living in a nightmare at the moment.

I recently have had several stays in hospital following a minor op on my bladder which unfortunately has resulted in a few problems.

I had to go bak to hosp for further tests but the nurse told me the wrong hospital, lucky for me they had forgotten to send my notes to the other place so at least patient and notes were in the same place unfortunately Consultant was in another hospital in another town!

Whilst I was in hospital I discovered quite by accident that they had given me someone elses medication.(I found someones drug sheet on my bedside cabinet). Lucky for me the lady was on 2 of the same tablets as me, but she was also on a different2 tablets as well! First of all the nurse told me it couldnt happen, but when I explained what tablets I had taken she went off and investigated. She later came back with an apology and did I have any drug allergies- luckily I dont!!!

To top it all I cant pee at all and have been catheterised for the past 3 wks and now they have decided to make me self catheterise- which I absolutely hate with a passion. This is really getting me down at the moment.

Flippin NHS call themselves a service!

Thats better rant over now

Hathor Sat 30-Jun-07 21:10:39

How awful. I hope it all starts getting better soon.

sarz Sat 30-Jun-07 21:10:45

Dont really know hat to say, but hope your ok!!! I would say to write a complaint, but i doubt anybody of importance would read it!!!

wrinklytum Sat 30-Jun-07 21:10:54

Oh dear.

You could write a letter of complaint to the ward manager.

Or contact PALS (patient advisory liason service) who can help you in liasing with ward dealing with such cock ups.(there should be one at your local hospital)

Hope you are feeling better soon.

PrettyCandles Sat 30-Jun-07 21:12:22

I don't think you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself, it all sounds quite horrible, and you have every right to feel sorry for yourself.

directline Sat 30-Jun-07 21:13:09

As soon as I can go to the loo, Im sure I'll be fine and things wont seem half as bad, but at the mo everything is centred around going to the loo and its driving me crazy!

wotsits Sat 30-Jun-07 21:19:17

YANBU. I can't believe they were so careless with the drug sheet. I can believe that they sent you to the wrong hospital, that notes weren't sent over, etc as some of this has happened to me. I had to self-catherise for 3 weeks - it was bloody awful, so you have all my sympathy. Hope your bladder gets better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: