Talk

Advanced search

To ask your best UGG-alike boots

(22 Posts)
NameChangeNine Fri 18-Jan-19 13:50:05

I usually love River islands versions but not this year. Past versions have lasted years without wearing away at the edges and very reasonable prices between £30 and £40.

I like the style of the boots as they are so easy to put on quickly without styling myself (the only boots I own that I feel I can do that with) but loathe to pay for a brand name.

Would love to see what others have found.

BarbaraRoyale Fri 18-Jan-19 13:54:09

Justsheepskin, the boots last and they have excellent customer service

DaysOfCurlySpencer Fri 18-Jan-19 14:01:31

I don't buy sheepskin boots due to the way the sheep are treated, having seen a video of the fleece being removed from a live sheep.

I have a pair of Cat boots with a fleecy lining which is extremely warm, they slip on, although have buckles if I want to tighten them.

Folf Fri 18-Jan-19 14:03:10

Bearpaw are the nexf best, they last ages too.

Kemer2018 Fri 18-Jan-19 14:07:20

Firetrap
Bearpaw

NailsNeedDoing Fri 18-Jan-19 14:12:13

The ones from Costco.

goose1964 Fri 18-Jan-19 14:14:01

I had emus that lasted for years

Munchkingoat Fri 18-Jan-19 14:17:25

DaysOfCurlySpencer

Was that a Peta video by any chance? Shearing sheep is necessary, it prevents disease, stops them overheating, Kris them comfortable and does not hurt them.

hammeringinmyhead Fri 18-Jan-19 14:48:41

Celtic and Co sheepskin boots.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 18-Jan-19 15:11:20

Was that a Peta video by any chance? Shearing sheep is necessary, it prevents disease, stops them overheating, Kris them comfortable and does not hurt them

Shearing though isn't sheepskin.

There's also the hideous practice of 'mulesing' (Google it) sad.

Lucisky Fri 18-Jan-19 15:19:15

Days of curly Spencer - I am confused here. Sheepskin is a by product of the meat industry, so as the sheep will be eaten, why should anyone skin it alive? It doesn't make sense. Shearing can look a bit hands on to the uninitiated, but it is a necessary part of ovine maintenance.
The best ugg lookalikes I have had were emus.

Imsosorryalan1 Fri 18-Jan-19 15:23:50

Another vote for Emus

SmellsLikeAdultSpirit Fri 18-Jan-19 15:26:54

Shearing provides wool and the sheep doesn't need to die
Sheepskin is what it says. The sheep's skin. The sheep is either dead or has to be killed and I guess its down to how that happens as to if it is ethical or not

DaysOfCurlySpencer Fri 18-Jan-19 15:27:16

Shearing is not the same thing as removing the entire skin of the sheep, which is done while they are alive in some places, similar to ripping the feathers out of live birds to make duvets. A by-product of the meat industry is one thing but at least kill the poor creatures first.

I don't think it was a Peta video, no. There are others who make recordings of animal cruelty. I don't think that the dogs that are killed to make the furry trimmed boots from China have a great time of it either, and the bobbles on hats and fur trimmed hoods on anoraks.

However, as I said already, Cat boots, with non animal lining are very warm.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 18-Jan-19 15:28:45

Whatever you choose make sure the heel cup is supportive,

If I watch someone walking in Ugg-U-Likes with no support , the inner side of the boot rolls onto the floor .

It makes me want to video them and shout You might as well wear socks but I'm not weird (much)

MotorcycleMayhem Fri 18-Jan-19 15:33:04

Depending on your size, Rocket Dog can be good: www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/DZ85/Rocket-Dog-Womens-Sugardaddy-Boots-Chestnut

But don't write off finding a pair of Uggs in the sales. This is their Outlet site: www.ugg.com/emporium-outlet/en-gb also keep an eye on asos, M&M Direct, Office and Shoeaholics etc.

AlanThePig Fri 18-Jan-19 15:33:59

Don't think you can get them in the UK anymore, but Jumbuck were amazing boots.

Loanhelp Fri 18-Jan-19 17:54:41

I've got a pair of Dije boots from Tkmaxx, and they are ridiculously snug and fairly supportive.

lanbro Fri 18-Jan-19 18:04:53

I got some nubuck Ugg biker boots from M&M Direct a couple of years ago for less than £100. I've worn them daily for 2 winters, some not even worn, look in great condition still, warm and great in the snow and ice, absolutely worth the money

lanbro Fri 18-Jan-19 18:05:29

*soles not some

SurfnTerfFantasticmissfoxy Fri 18-Jan-19 19:01:37

Love From Australia - I've got a 14 year old pair of boots and they're are good as new. And of course they don't remove skin from sheep while they're alive, it would be utterly pointless as much as anything. The sheepskin is just leather that's been tanned with the fleece still on instead of scraped off as is usual for cow hide.

Mooey89 Fri 18-Jan-19 19:05:48

I’ve just got some Emu’s in the sale, I’m usually an ugg addict.
I love them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: